2024 Women’s Volleyball Nations League

• It’s very not like Guidetti’s usual practice to rest nearly all key players in the warm up tournament before the major event, especially this is the ONLY tournament before the OG. I wonder it’s really his ideas or more of the directions from the Serbian federation.

It’s ossrb idea probably, our federation doesn’t really care about VNL since the times of Terzic

It’s good way to give chance to youngsters especially cause some players will retire from NT after Paris probably, or have 1 more season

• It’s very not like Guidetti’s usual practice to rest nearly all key players in the warm up tournament before the major event, especially this is the ONLY tournament before the OG. I wonder it’s really his ideas or more of the directions from the Serbian federation.

It’s ossrb idea probably, our federation doesn’t really care about VNL since the times of Terzic

It’s good way to give chance to youngsters especially cause some players will retire from NT after Paris probably, or have 1 more season

Of course is Serbian way, guideti is just a coach who follow our tradition.

Btw a I am not sure about his days in turkiye, if he always wanted A team or tvf demanded, turkiye was always one of the hosts.

• Team Brazil

S: Claudinha, Dani Lins, Giovana, Macris, Roberta

O: Kisy, Lorrayna, Lorenne, Sabrina, Tainara

OH: Ana Cristina, Gabi, Helena, Julia Bergmann, Maiara Basso, Maira, Natalia, Pri Daroit, Rosamaria

MB: Adenizia, Carol, Carol Gattaz, Diana, Luzia, Julia Kudiess, Thaisa

L: Camila Brait, Laís, Natinha, Nyeme

Already training in Saquarema:

Macris, Lorenne, Gabi, Helena, Julia Bergmann, Rosamaria, Diana, Luzia.

• Which of Brazilian players will not be the part of NT for sure?

Dani Lins, Natalia, Adenizia, Camilla Brait, Carol Gattaz? Any more?

• Which of Brazilian players will not be the part of NT for sure?

Dani Lins, Natalia, Adenizia, Camilla Brait, Carol Gattaz? Any more?

This is the training roster:

S: Macris, Roberta

O: Kisy, Lorenne, Tainara

OH: Gabi, Ana Cristina, Julia B, Rosamaria, Pri Daroit, Helena*

MB: Carol, Thaisa, Julia Kudiess, Diana, Luzia*

L: Natinha, Nyeme

*Helena and Luzia were "invited to train", which effectively means that they might be on the Rio roster, but they probably won't stay with the team after that unless someone gets injured.

• Philippines will be hosting the Volleyball Challenger Cup (VCC) on July 4-7.

• Philippines (host)
    • Puerto Rico (NORCECA)
    • Kenya (CAVB)
    • Argentina (CSV)
    • AVC Challenge Cup winner
    • CEV Golden League winner
    • CEV Golden League runner up
    • Highest ranked team not yet qualified (no relegation at VNL this year)

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…ball-challenger-cup-2024/

Qualifications for VNL 2025 from previous VNL announcement:

To facilitate this, there will be no relegation for the VNL 2024 participating teams, while the winner of the 2024 Volleyball Challenger Cup, plus the top ranked not-yet-qualified team as per the Senior Volleyball World Ranking, will join the participating teams of the VNL 2025.

https://en.volleyballworld.com…o-18-teams-from?id=101238

• If someone is interested very much in ranking points, WoV added ranking points to each game:

The calculations are available only after both teams last match.

Because each match counts in the results and the points level before the match.

• For those doing fantasy, any good deal to recommend?

I think on a week without Egonu Antropova is a great deal at 11 credits, Baijens at 7 is also very good

I made a team today, I mostly went for players who I expect to play a lot, not necesarely best players for each position. Afaik from italian league app, you don’t get points if player doesn’t play so it would be a good choice to have players who are expected to be go to scorers of their team imo, even for your bench (it counts 50% of points even if you don’t put them in starting 6)

I didn’t go for all my favourite players or for the team that I think would do good irl.

I will change it for sure but here is the team I made for now

Brie/Stysiak

Uzelac/LYY

Yuan/Kurtagic

Castillo

Bench: Van Aalen, Maglio, Skinner, Kisy, KVR (app counts her as OH)

Some players that are absolutely worth it for how much they cost are:
    Uzelac 10cr

Skinner 12cr

Maglio 11cr

Kisy 10cr

Van Aalen 7cr

Brie King 7cr

Van Ryk 7cr (!!!!!)

Basically all of them will play regularly and will put good amount of points for their team.

• Yeah if they don't play is 0 points

Pay attention with Van Ryk though, she's listed as OH and the score calculations are different from OPP to OH, usually is not worth it to have players outside of their listed positions unfortunately

• Yeah if they don't play is 0 points

Pay attention with Van Ryk though, she's listed as OH and the score calculations are different from OPP to OH, usually is not worth it to have players outside of their listed positions unfortunately

Oh I didn’t know that. Do you have any info on how points are counted? Are passing and digs included or just points? What’s the deal with setter and how points for them are counted? ^^

• Oh I didn’t know that. Do you have any info on how points are counted? Are passing and digs included or just points? What’s the deal with setter and how points for them are counted? ^^

You can find them on the game rules in the app! If I'm not wrong is 1 point for every attack point, 1.5 for block and 2 for serve, plus on top of that OH get points for % of reception and OPP for % of attack, so Van Ryk would likely get 0 points for the receptions and not get the killing % ones while listed as OH