Japan Women's NT 2024

• Most recent one

good to know that she was really there. i can't wait til her and valdes are able to join the nt as official players. i dont know if they can join at the same time due to the naturalized player limit. i havent read up on that one

• good to know that she was really there. i can't wait til her and valdes are able to join the nt as official players. i dont know if they can join at the same time due to the naturalized player limit. i havent read up on that one

The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) has decided to limit the number of naturalised players in the same national team for the competitions under their responsibility.

A national federation, as from now, has no more rights to have in its national selection more than one naturalised player having previously worn the uniform of another national team.

from 2023

• Is Wada any good with oos balls if she played purely as an opp? I think her and Hayashi should swap sides if Wada is better at oos. I don't know what their strategy for Kurogo is but it seems like she's bound to play as opp again even if she's not in her best shape.

• Tsukasa Nakagawa "NEC-kagawa" setter.

I like her but she's not ready for anything huge. I would still take 2021 Momii over her

I call her "Tsu" you folks call her what you want, and I think she is as ready as anyone for anything. She's done nothing but win shit since she was 18. Her problem is her height. She's going to have to get to the level of Takeshita in defense to make up for it. Take a look at her awards and medals:

https://women.volleybox.net/tsukasa-nakagawa-p22950/indoor_tournaments

compared to Momii
    https://women.volleybox.net/ak…p20435/indoor_tournaments

or Seki:

https://women.volleybox.net/na…p20453/indoor_tournaments

Granted Tsu went the Uni route. There's that

• Fair comparison but what I mean when I say she's not ready for anything huge is the mindblowing pressure of the Olympics when she hasn't even started playing with the main team and whoever will be used from here on out will have to be the final members there's no more time for changes unless injuries occur. That didn't work out well for Momii.

• Fair comparison but what I mean when I say she's not ready for anything huge is the mindblowing pressure of the Olympics when she hasn't even started playing with the main team and whoever will be used from here on out will have to be the final members there's no more time for changes unless injuries occur. That didn't work out well for Momii.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't put her on the 2024 Olympic team

I think her strength is seeing the other side of the court so she can give her attackers the fewest # of blockers, but I don't really know anything about judging setters :rolll:

• Is Wada any good with oos balls if she played purely as an opp? I think her and Hayashi should swap sides if Wada is better at oos. I don't know what their strategy for Kurogo is but it seems like she's bound to play as opp again even if she's not in her best shape.

Seki's tosses make for awful oos that's one of her weaknesses. I haven't seen enough of Wada to say if she's good at oos direct kill rhythm against more difficult opponents.

I think they might just use Kurogo as sub. I've seen her serve and it's fucking weak so at most they could use her when dealing with easier teams just so she can regain some of her confidence back. For anyone thinking she'll have some sort of awakening when the team hasn't even qualified is honestly delusional. Worse timing to be putting her back to grind.

• Typical Japan redesign their web site and break all links to everything :wall::wall::wall::wall:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Previous year schedules are empty. Might as well publish before it's finished. Some old man probably said it was okay

• where to stream the red and white match this sunday? will pfu livestream it or do i need an easysports subscription? can someone post links pls

• This was interesting to watch. Santiago and Valdes are seen in the video

The part where Yamada is being interviewed you can see Kurogo in the back talking in a counselling type of manner. I checked the man who was listening to her in the staff list for the women's team and it's Shinnosuke Uehara - Saga's performance analyst. I then realized that Manabe's staff this year are all from flop teams. Highly questionable. See for yourself scroll to the bottom https://www.jva.or.jp/national_team/2024/women_member/

• What's the simplified version of Jaja's case? 😂 She is already with the NT?

She's a "trainee" this year like Alain de Armas last year. Her status isn't made public but most likely by next year her and Valdes will officially be eligible for selection.

Valdes is especially critical since the WNT is in need of a dynamic attacker.

I saw in one of Asahi's articles that JVA's board of directors had a 70% say on both Manabe and Blain's rosters this year so Valdes and Santiago aren't likely Manabe's choice. Also for comparison JVA's BoD only had 30% over Nakada's roster during Tokyo Olympics but that was before Shunichi Kawai happened.

But should (in theory) Yoshihara be the next NT coach then it's gonna be a breeze for Santiago

• can you elaborate the 70-30 control over rosters? why is that?

• can you elaborate the 70-30 control over rosters? why is that?

FIVB made a deal with JVA I don't know the specific dates but this deal that came with the rebranding happened as they're the only NT with a multimillion anime franchise that significantly boosts and impacts viewers and new fans. And this as you know is Volleyballworld's fuel for social media and the presence of the sport among younger generation as they claimed. That also means that the BoD/strengthening committee will be more hands-on when choosing players.

During Nakada's time JVA wasn't quite as involved from what I know apart from their separate programs for scouting.