Japan Women's NT 2024

• FIVB made a deal with JVA I don't know the specific dates but this deal that came with the rebranding happened as they're the only NT with a multimillion anime franchise that significantly boosts and impacts viewers and new fans. And this as you know is Volleyballworld's fuel for social media and the presence of the sport among younger generation as they claimed. That also means that the BoD/strengthening committee will be more hands-on when choosing players.

During Nakada's time JVA wasn't quite as involved from what I know apart from their separate programs for scouting.

oh god what is haikyu that big of a deal?! i watch anime but i dont watch that shit i tried but its corny i had no idea its in the millions. is that why jva is posting official manga panels made of the players in haikyu style

• FIVB made a deal with JVA I don't know the specific dates but this deal that came with the rebranding happened as they're the only NT with a multimillion anime franchise that significantly boosts and impacts viewers and new fans. And this as you know is Volleyballworld's fuel for social media and the presence of the sport among younger generation as they claimed. That also means that the BoD/strengthening committee will be more hands-on when choosing players.

During Nakada's time JVA wasn't quite as involved from what I know apart from their separate programs for scouting.

How is that related to the board of directors having more power or involvement in the selection process sorry I'm having a hard time following you

• Well fuck I didn't realize I was so awful at explaining

JVA's biggest goal with the 2024 "Pass it Forward" vision is GLOBALIZATION okay so the basis for that is JVA's Haikyu fever which FIVB/VBW are capitalizing on since it has a bigger reach than the sport itself. Now with this globalization goal in mind, JVA's BoD in turn have more control than ever in the selection of the rosters under each coach. Back then Japan's coaches had free reign on who to make their superstars but now the BoD will have more say as they increasingly adapt to a more diverse international system.

• How is that related to the board of directors having more power or involvement in the selection process sorry I'm having a hard time following you

think of haikyu as jva's taylor swift and ran takahashi is their travis kelce. isn't that right? Phoenix

• Friendly match today

Red team Koga etc

White team oil and water duo Mayu and Kurogo

Red team won

Not that this is a clear indication of their skills since it's all fun and games but Kurogo really went zero to zero. I dont even like Yoshino Sato as a player but bring her back :pinch:

• I'm not confirming anything but it seems Wada was really not there. People are mistaking Yamanaka for her.

nooo wtf. she was just at the earthquake shelter charity thing they did yesterday how can she not be present today?

• I thought that arena would be exactly like Saga but it looks smaller. Plus judging from the videos PFU posted it doesn't seem like an NT crowd but more like a V League entry level crowd. The player intro coming into court was so dead. People were hardly clapping

• I thought that arena would be exactly like Saga but it looks smaller. Plus judging from the videos PFU posted it doesn't seem like an NT crowd but more like a V League entry level crowd. The player intro coming into court was so dead. People were hardly clapping

I don't know the gym's exact capacity iirc sitenoise said there's a minimum.

Only 3000 people came and 20 of them were JVA staff members (Kawai's instagram) that's the great depression numbers

• valdes can't receive to save her ass which is fine as long as she can crush and block. not everyone has to be a jack of all trades (master of none). still she needs to work on that. if nishida can receive a ball with the back of his fucking hands then she should at least be able to have the same determination during crucial moments

i personally wanted to see iwasaki matsui and kojima. nishimura has good coverage but her shuffling is not the smoothest and her pass is mostly flat. there are times when she can be fast but i dont know who would be the fastest out of the three

• valdes can't receive to save her ass which is fine as long as she can crush and block. not everyone has to be a jack of all trades (master of none). still she needs to work on that. if nishida can receive a ball with the back of his fucking hands then she should at least be able to have the same determination during crucial moments

i personally wanted to see iwasaki matsui and kojima. nishimura has good coverage but her shuffling is not the smoothest and her pass is mostly flat. there are times when she can be fast but i dont know who would be the fastest out of the three

Kill / block / deadly serve / nuke pipe is ideal just like with her predecessors sakoda and nagaoka. i think wada will eventually perfect that deadly serve.

So far for pipe koga is the strongest and serve is mayu reception obviously hayashi but none of the middles are good at blocks

• I've honestly been curious about Miyabe and Matsui since I wasn't able to see any of their matches this season but now that attention has shifted to Kurogo and her ill prepared "comeback" no more mention of Inoue which was expected since they got V2'd but now even Hayashi is getting unfairly cast aside.

Wada was nowhere in the friendly match photos but I swear if she doesn't get picked for VNL and Kurogo creeps in I'm boycotting JVA as a whole I'm not wasting my time