Volley Ball couple?

• It is kinda gross indeed, but I've lost count of how many lesbian relationships with a huge age gap I've seen over the years lol at this point it doesn't surprise me anymore.

vow really?? And this is coming from a gay male that was saying all the Brazilian players from the NT were terrible humans for supporting a candidate that does not support gays???... And you come here to say a 20 year old dating a 30 is gross??

This only shows what kinda of person you are... You want respect for yourself...but u don`t care to respect others...u r basically full of shit...

I`m 28 and my partner is 42. I have always dated older man and there`s nothing gross about that...

anyways...Please don`t even reply to my comment....just ignore me and I will ignore u from now on... It is not different if someone says 2 guys together are gross

• btw I don't think its ok to call their relationship gross! And frankly I don't see anything wrong with it, 2 adults... Egonu is probably just very mature for her age, which could explain why she clicks more with ladies a bit up her age.

• I can reply I think. Age difference is too big for a 19 year old girl/boy. 28 vs 42 is different than 19 vs 34. Being 18-19 years old, you can be still considered teenager.

For Turkish public, it is interesting. Reaction is much different if a woman comes out of closet than a man.

• lmao "oh I'll leave you shit but don't reply to me because I'm the only one with the right to say anything!". Seems like I struck a nerve here again, this time without even knowing, huh? You make it too easy...

Egonu is 19. She most likely met Skorupa as a teenager. You dating someone older when you're 28 is a completely different thing. Sure the age gap between Egonu and Skrorupa is weird, but both are women of legal age, they can do whatever they want with their life. If you read my comment correctly instead of straight-up attacking me out of the blue, you'll see I didn't say their relationship was wrong.

Also aside from bringing up politics for no reason whatsoever, you're comparing people who think being gay altogether is wrong to people who find age gaps weird. Again, two very, very different things. But I don't expect anything coherent coming from you, so don't worry!

• A woman of 19 is fully grown, a man of 19 may not be fully grown yet. Take a biology class y'all :lol:

I simply don't like people calling their relationship 'gross'. Who are we to say that...

• A woman of 19 is fully grown, a man of 19 may not be fully grown yet. Take a biology class y'all :lol:

I simply don't like people calling their relationship 'gross'. Who are we to say that...

Yeah, I apologize for that. I didn't mean to say their relationship was gross. Poor choice of words from my part.

• Very nice for them, I wish them the best. Sure there’s a big age gap, but everyone’s different. It might not work for some people but I hope it works for them.

• Congratulations to Skorupa and Egonu! :drink:Egonu is such a brave young woman! I just loved how she answered all the media questions with such a class. So mature with her replies. She even made the journalist looked ridiculous.

I guess it was pretty an "open secret" that Skorupa is lesbian.

About Ebrar...please come on! With only checking her posts and statments on IG, we could know she is openly gay. She doesnt need to make a conference in order to communicate it. She jut doesnt hide it. As well as other players, like Bia & Roberta.

• "It grosses me out a bit" is not the same as "It's gross".

A 19 y/o dating a 34 y/o is not the same as 28 y/o dating a 42 y/o.

Nobody said that there's anything wrong about their relationship.

But I guess it's the time of the year people here are looking to start a fight every chance they get.

• Although it is becoming very off topic I have to say I don't agree with you. Coming out in Turkey does have consequences, Turkey has standard Middle East mind site about this issue and I can see that it will be a lot of bashing when Ebrar become more famous. On the other hand, in turkey gay female relationships are not taken seriously, that's why people don't react as bad as they react to gay male relationships.

Openly gay people does exist in media but they are being ridiculed and used as stereotypes.

About the relationship of egonu and skorupa, I don't think it is any different than ortolani and mazzanti. Indeed I find this kind of trainer-player relationships more problematic since there is a 'tennis teacher effect'

• Although it is becoming very off topic I have to say I don't agree with you. Coming out in Turkey does have consequences, Turkey has standard Middle East mind site about this issue and I can see that it will be a lot of bashing when Ebrar become more famous. On the other hand, in turkey gay female relationships are not taken seriously, that's why people don't react as bad as they react to gay male relationships.

Openly gay people does exist in media but they are being ridiculed and used as stereotypes.

About the relationship of egonu and skorupa, I don't think it is any different than ortolani and mazzanti. Indeed I find this kind of trainer-player relationships more problematic since there is a 'tennis teacher effect'

I don't think you understood what I mean't there, I didn't mean you don't have consequences like that of course you do but I disagree that Turkey is similar to middle east in that regard, actually its better then some eastern European countries and I don't know if you have ever been to a middle eastern country? But in a lot of them (it is the norm there) they get the death sentence or are being forced to transition into female aka Iran for example. What I meant was by law it is not forbidden and you can be gay.

Many gay people in the media are actually seen as role models for young people and a lot of mainstream popularities are gay, of course not everyone treats them well and they are being riduculed and attacked at times even but it is stupid to make it seem like none of them are respected whatsoever, because they are. Turkey is moving backwards each day with current state but comparing it to middle eastern countries that kill gay people is far fetched.

F.e. Bülent Ersoy (transgender), Huysuz Virjin (drag queen), Zeki Müren(gay) are the three most respected LGBT artists of all time and probably even on top of most respected artists in general, indeed it was never easy for them. Then there is the younger generation. Many people don't realize this but even a lot of Eastern European countries don't have this kind of 'gay culture' whatsoever.

Edit: btw sorry for bit off-topic here but I feel like I have to respond when people tell me something :whistle:

• There are many gay male volleyball players out there, the problem is that most of them are still in the closet. But I'm glad some Brazilian players are coming out lately, like Douglas, Rogerinho and others.

• I wish the best for them! :love:

I also hope that here in Italy all the fuss about them will stop soon.. Gazzetta put the photo of the kiss on the first page, putting aside the victory of Conegliano... they didn't dedicate the first page to the recent silver at WCH.. It is all about gossip here!

• It seems female players have no issues of coming out. We've seen some female volley couples - Marianne and Sheilla, Carol and Anne. But most gay volley players are still in closet. Douglas is the only one who openly comes out. Maybe the pressure on gay volley players is higher than that on lesbian players?

• Unless what I saw was a fake pic, Benjamin Patch also came out as non-straight in his IG stories a while ago, very casually. But yeah, other than a few local Brazilian players, I can't think of anyone else.

• Unless what I saw was a fake pic, Benjamin Patch also came out as non-straight in his IG stories a while ago, very casually. But yeah, other than a few local Brazilian players, I can't think of anyone else.

I also found one of his posts a while ago rather "suspicious" (in lack of a better word, no negative connotation intended!) but he deleted it after a while. And apparently he's a very religious Mormon, which does not correspond too well with being gay (at least as far as my knowledge about religion goes).