Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Antonella del C(u)oooore :obey:
    Aleeessia :obey: A block which means so much :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Congrats to Italy :drink:
    Del core really wants to play in the olympics, I hope she postpones her retirement, she's still good.

• Congratulations Italia :flower: .. a well deserved ticket to Japan.

• So happy for Italy
    and so sad for Turkey too, because this beautiful team means a lot for its country. :drink:

• Egonu won this ticket to Japan in the entire tournament and today Del Core joined and finished the job ;)

Congrats to Italia but at the same time I'm so sad for Nelihan and Kasia Skowronska (who apparently was ill at he moment :( ) that they won't play OG ever :( Unfortuatelly CEV won't do anything about it in the future but it looks like we will see Serbia, Italy, Netherlands and Russia in Rio, and nothing more.

• Congratulations Italy! Really! Del Core really underperformed during almost all the tournment, but in the tie-break she just showed all her class, in attack and reception/defense. She started to spike so clever as her golden days.

Orro is also a setter who helps a loooot in block. Egonu didnt spike with convinction the last point, but it was too much pressure for a 17 yo girl. Italy really needs to call back another players. Tokyop tournment wont be so easy.

It is a pity for Turkey, being host and after such an investment. Eda and Neslihan really deserved go to Rio.

• Watching Neslihan crying broke my heart ;( It should be 3-0 for Turkey.
    Italy couldn't receive with two-player receiving system, Orro's passing quality was terrible, Diouf was as always just useless. This was supposed to be our match ;(

Honestly I felt nothing. She's as useless as Diouf. No she was actually quite usefull for Italy. Just put Polen in. I know they said that Neslihan was defensing and blah blah blah but it didn't work and she did nothing good

• I feel very very very very sorry for Eda ;( ;( ;( ... but not for the others (coach & players).

• Congratulations Italy! Really! Del Core really underperformed during almost all the tournment, but in the tie-break she just showed all her class, in attack and reception/defense. She started to spike so clever as her golden days.

Orro is also a setter who helps a loooot in block. Egonu didnt spike with convinction the last point, but it was too much pressure for a 17 yo girl. Italy really needs to call back another players. Tokyop tournment wont be so easy.

It is a pity for Turkey, being host and after such an investment. Eda and Neslihan really deserved go to Rio.

Totally agree.
    And indeed, the Tokyo tournament won't be easy. I think Bonitta knows that.

• Definitely turning point was the point at 7-5. Eda should have hit a clean ball but it was still block-out and Ferhat made the wrong challenge. :wall:

Yes Ferhat made big mistakes during all the tournament. But this one (absolutely a silly challenge) had an heavy cost

• Ferhat is the only reason that we ended up 4th at this tournament. Girls did everything by themselves and Turkey had such a good bench that could be used.

Interesting info: Turkish federation is blocking users on Twitter if they write bad things about Ferhat. This is what happens when you have a teenager as head coach :white:

• Tokyo definitely won't be easy for this Italian team, the surprise factor will be over by then and other teams will be prepared for Egonu and co.
    But still, they performed way over expectations. They were almost out of it completely on day 2 and now they got a ticket to Japan! Well done.