Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• boskovic was clutch. jump serve at match point? and back row spike a set too low? heroic!
    but it shouldn't have even come to the tiebreaker. the 4th set and the tiebreaker defense were really sloppy.
    it feels like usa killed every ball they got. there's little doubt that they wouldn't have won if akin didn't get injured.
    now they just need to go out and do their thing in the final. it's their gold to lose.

• And how fearless is Boskovic? Almost everyone on the court was getting super nervous and it obviously caused those serve errors but she didn't. She looked as if she didn't care even if she would make her serve out. Amazing.

To be honest I predicted Maja would set the last ball to Brankica, while the Americans getting ready for that, Tica just managed to end the drama.

• Congratz to SRB, what a dramatic match!

The Gold medal match will be performed between SRB v CHN for CHN will settle the recent "debt" with NED tomorrow (GMT ++), plus interest :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I can't say I am not disappointed because I am.. I am heartbroken! I have been following this team for many years now, and watched almost every their match which has been broadcasted.. I even met the girls live, they were very nice and sweet. Sad that Foluke couldn't continue the match, because she has been their moving force in the first set. Kudos to Karsta for coming strong off the bench, although she had a massive error late in the set. Sadly the veteran Jordan, who has been their rock, wasn't on er best today and couldn't lift the team. Too many serving errors I have to say. However congrats to Serbia, I will be cheering for them to take the gold.

Forever USA :heart:

• Nope, Hill came in for her early in the set

That's what I'm saying. Adams' worst skill is serving. How could you let her serve on the 13-13? Are you crazy or what? And just saying Hill is supposed to be the best server of the team... :whistle: And just saying, you have to hope for a defence which is likely easier with Hill on court instead of Adams. But what are we talking about? The worst coach USA ever had. I've been right all along. As I always said, China for the gold, USA great result making it to the SFs with that calamity on bench.

As expected I wasted 4 years of my life following the USA WVB Team. It couldn't end any different. He waited a 7 points lead by Serbia to take off Hill and Murphy. And don't forget his calls. His biggest joke.

Last four years he confused the court with the delivery room, I have no other explanations for him being obsessed with breathing. :whistle:

Take a deep breathe, people: good things are gonna happen, but not for our team. Of course.

• just noticed the eyes of robinson in the last few points, in which i can read focusing but still full of doubts...not still as always.
    the camera even didnt focus on Larson, who might be even worse.
    oops....They just flopped again!!!!
    USA made a good set from the 12-11 truning to a 13-15 just with Lowe's missed spike, larson's missed reception and adams' missed serve...
    what a drama to end up the game and USA will continue their Olympic gold dream for the next edition.
    i am quite sure Akinradewo should have worked well for the rest of the game, but karch kept her for the next match.....unfortunaly it is a bronze medal match finally.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Boskovic is fierce as it can be. The best OP in the world.
    Mihajlovic, what can I say? She's just amazing
    Rasic, showing why she's one of the best MB in t business.
    Stevanovic helped the team when they needed her and she killed on t service line.
    Malesevic, I think she was fierce just as Boskovic, she got only 1 point, but she did hold the pass well mostly the time.
    Popovic did a good job.
    Unfortunately I think Maja had ups and downs, she made a few really bad sets and forced a couple of balls, but after all she guided well her team.

I think both teams man and women from Serbia went to "serve" boot camp...they r killing on the service line lately.

• i am quite sure Akinradewo should have worked well for the rest of the game, but karch kept her for the next match.....unfortunaly it is a bronze medal match finally.

saving her for bronze when you're in the fight for silver? what are you talking about? if akin could play, karch would've played her. period.

and for the disappointing us fans, you can't realistically expect to beat this serbia team without akin. the point akin went out i knew serbia got this in the bag.
    it took a choke job of serbia and a good run by lowe for them to lose in tiebreaker by two points. the odds were against them and in the end they just didn't have
    the luck.

• Before A

just noticed the eyes of robinson in the last few points, in which i can read focusing but still full of doubts...not still as always.
    the camera even didnt focus on Larson, who might be even worse.
    oops....They just flopped again!!!!
    USA made a good set from the 12-11 truning to a 13-15 just with Lowe's missed spike, larson's missed reception and adams' missed serve...
    what a drama to end up the game and USA will continue their Olympic gold dream for the next edition.
    i am quite sure Akinradewo should have worked well for the rest of the game, but karch kept her for the next match.....unfortunaly it is a bronze medal match finally.

Before Akinradewo left she was already blocked. And if she stayed would have made not much difference because Glass would be setting her 99% of the time.....only set Glass has confidence in. And Serbia did their homework to stop that ball. Also Serbia was able to stop Hill and Murphy very well...Serbia got in trouble with Lowe and Robinson because they were knot ready for them.

Mihajlovic,Boskovic and Rasic were unstoppable today.

• congratulations to Serbia to go to the final and i believe the team comes as a strong contender for the very last win.
    for a team like Serbia,
    1. without a real core: mihajlovic, efficiency was descending a lot in the end of the game; boskovic was not stable due to her young age.
    2. with so many errors: 32 errors per game
    but the team really has talents in consistent blocking and serving, which came out with the direct benefit from US mistakes at the crucial points under the nerves and perssure...

looking forward to the other semifinal China against Netherlands.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• SERBIA :super: :super: :super:

The performance was a bit up and down, but so glad they won! Please take gold now, girls!
    The overall quality of the match was not always great, but it was super exciting and the girls showed great heart and determination. Sorry for the US girls, who could have won on another day, but they made too many silly errors and that costs you against the best teams.

• I am literally crying right now.. I didn't know I would get so emotional, but I really believed in these girls.. Looks like they did too, because till today we hardly saw any greater passion from them, and now Kim, Robinson, Lowe cried.. I am really sorry they couldn't make it.. I will support them to get the bronze, just so they feel a bit better about themselves.. However I am glad they played good throughout these games

• Both teams didn't show their best performance, but part of it was because each team's tactics prevented the opponent from being able to do their best.

Foluke never returning on court looked mysterious to me. Yes, she got hurt, but if she can dance with the subs she should be able to at least play the tie-break in a damn OLYMPIC SEMIFINAL :mad: She was dominant as long as she was on court...

For Maja there's always a thin line between genius and reckless. Her connection with Rasic completely got lost during the match and with Stevanovic it was never there at all. As the match went on it became harder and harder especially for Mihajlovic to kill the ball because in time Maja's sets became just as predictable as the Russian setters.
    Still I'm really glad that she's going to get an Olympic medal :flower:

• i just finished watching the match

congrats. to serbian girls..great succes! :thumbup:

actually it was not a very very high level match..mistakes etc.. setters were sloppy in some moments of the match etc..

Rasiç serves made the difference in the tie breaker..

bravo to young girl Boşkoviç :super:
    Steavanoviç was not that good except for her serves..
    Rasiç''s blocks and espeacilly serves,Mihajloviç's spikes were good

setter Maja's tempo was low sometimes than Glass's..she looked like Russian setters in some moment of the game compared to Glass..setting to Mihajlovic then Mihajloviç

Lowe made a difference for the usa but she made a fatal error at the most crucial moment of the most crucial set..

Akinradewo's exiting the game was bad for the usa

i think Glass overall was better than Maja in this match