CEV Women’s European Championship 2019 - hosts Turkey, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia

• Gosh, I'm feeling so nostalgic now :lol: As I remember, Brakočević and Gruen, the team leaders all the way through the tournament, were both awful in the final. OTOH, Molnar and Brinker unexpectedly stepped up and took over for them, and yeah, it probably was the match of Molnar's life. And Malagurski (;() was a secret weapon in the end. Such a nerve-wrecking match it was. The semi against Turkey too.

I think I remember correctly that Brakocevic had a fever that weekend.. for the semifinal and the final match too

• How Poland can be on the same level that Germany when they won last couple of matches (like 5 or...) :white: I don't ever remember when Germany beat Poland last time?

ECH '19 Poland wins 3-2

VNL '18 '19 Poland wins both 3-1

EO '15 Poland wins 3-2

all friendlies won by Poland

still Germany is better just Poland was lucky :whistle::rolll::rolll: actually Poland should win this 3-1 if they didn't let go their point advantage

And if it comes to Russia - they lost to Germany so this is their fault to play Italy then :wavy:

• I think I remember correctly that Brakocevic had a fever that weekend.. for the semifinal and the final match too

Yes and also her hand injury it was getting worse, atmosphere in the Hall was incredible. Both of matches Serbia vs Turkey and Serbia vs Germany was unforgetable.

• What I liked about Serbia yesterday was that they clearly did their homework and prepared for the match. Nasya Dimitrova was far less effective than in the previous match. The blocking and defence was much more on point. What I didn't like was that they didn't close out the third set earlier. However, there are two teams on the court, the Bulgarians were very resilient and they deserved to be rewarded with their mini-comeback.

It's weird to see Veljković doing the slide, it must be something they're working on since I don't think she's done it in her whole career as much as she did at this tournament. It's clearly something neither she nor Maja are comfortable with and it looks clumsy AF, but hey, it even worked a couple of times!

A fun fact: Mina Popović's stats in attack in set 1 and 2 combined: 0/1. Set 3: 7/8 :lol:

I have no idea about the match against Italy, honestly. It could go either way. But in any case, this is the 5th straight time Serbia has reached the ECh semis, which is a nice achievement.

Too bad the WCh in basketball is being played at the same time, and Serbia has a realistic chance of winning the gold, so the volleyball team is completely overshadowed. :(

• Yeah it really was strange seeing Veljković slide, but let's be honest, better her than Popović or Aleksić :D

Stevanović is missed, it was a really shitty thing she did, if it is true that she just ignored Terzić. I mean, she could have just said that she doesn't want to play for the NT this season, and it probably would have been fine. Now she won't even be called for OG next year and Serbia will be left with only Rašić to slide.

• i hope ITA can: minimize hitting errors (egonu) and pass well (sorokaite); and block well as they did against RUS. that’s the only way they can beat SRB. in a way, i wish they would meet in the final instead of semi. oh well. good luck to all teams this weekend.

• I don't think Stysiak - being quite unfamiliar until recently even for the hardcore-fans - has found time yet to summon a solid pack of haters to be honest. She had some skeptics, for sure, but I suppose a lot of them have vanished now after her classy performance so far in this championship.

I watched long bits, perhaps half of the game in sum, between Italy and Russia. I have to say that with that type of performance Italy displayed there, Serbia should just drive through them in a rather convinient fashion; no stability whatsoever in neither reception nor attack isnt going to constitute a miracle medicine against the well-oiled machine they are up against tomorrow. With that being said, Italy can for sure up their game just in time for the semis, although I find it somewhat unlikely myself. Just as some persons have already pointed out, Egonu isnt close right now to being as dominant as she has been, and, as long as it does not change, I believe Italy will be forced to pay a high price for it in the shape of coming up short in this "battle of titans".

• goodness gracious, i don't doubt that the traveling is a problem but i had always thought that europe had the best transport infrastructure in the world, with all the trains, flights etc. from anywhere to anywhere in the continent... i thought you could just get on a train from point A and get to point B, no problem... it's not like it's other continents...

• Smarzek's instagram story .I'm sad as a Turk. I hope Poland finish 4.place that tournamet. I sense some ego in them.

https://twitter.com/zannedersemki/status/1170315968175849472

It's not 'ego' and nothing offensive to Turkish NT, some of our celebrities show support to our NT by dressing like our next opponents. It suppose to be funny and supportive. They did it before, when our NT played against e.g. Germany. Wołosz uploaded it too. They are cheering for our NT for God's sake, that's it. It's so easy to offend ppl these days.

• It's not 'ego' and nothing offensive to Turkish NT, some of our celebrities show support to our NT by dressing like our next opponents. It suppose to be funny and supportive. They did it before, when our NT played against e.g. Germany. Wołosz uploaded it too. They are cheering for our NT for God's sake, that's it. It's so easy to offend ppl these days.

Well, I want to say something. We don't dressing like this,okey? Also Polish/German armys fought aganist Turkish(Ottoman) Empire in 1683 in Wien and The Ottomans was defeated