CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• TUR lost the tie break against FIN although Adis played with 40 points (66%):wall:

• French won by solid reception, MB's attacking and blocking in set #3 and #4. They have changed all OHs/OPPs. It's ironic that France won the game even without both NG and Boyer on court in set #4.

Both Antonov and Lanza were not stable. Giannelli was day dreaming throughout the game.

• Well, I do hope they pull themselves together for 2021. Regardless of everything you mentioned, I still expected something more from them, but playing with Teppan can only get you so far. I have yet to be convinced by him, to be honest. He wasn't impressive in either Trento or Skra.

When it comes to Cretu, I was just throwing ideas out there. I would be surprised too if this were part of a movement to remove him from the coaching position. The whole tournament just felt weird from them (based solely on their results, of course).

• OMG! Blengini played Juantorena against Portugal, Romania,Greece and this meaningless game with France. In the end he looks that tired . I think he didn't want to play the tie-break :)

'Ils ont joué avec le six majeur. C'était un vrai match. Il n'y a pas eu de tricherie. Sauf qu'en quart, certains joueurs en face ne lâcheront pas comme ils ont pû lâcher ce soir. J'en connais certains et ils en ont gardé un peu sous la semelle. Il faut rester tranquille, dans notre bulle, concentrés. "

Is it what Ngapeth thinks?

• Can anyone confirm if this grouping is right or not in knockout? It's from wiki, so I can not guarantee it's accurate.

• Can anyone confirm if this grouping is right or not in knockout? It's from wiki, so I can not guarantee it's accurate.

If we take this as true, basically the QFs will almost certainly be made entirely of rematches? Yikes.

Strictly speaking, this is not 100% accurate.

If Poland loses to Ukraine tomorrow, Netherlands will be D3 and Ukraine will be D2.

Belgium is B2, but since two hosts are not allowed to meet in 1/8 or even in 1/4, we can't have Netherlands vs Belgium simply from "B2 vs D3", so the bracket will be adjusted somehow -- if it were to follow what happened in the women's tournament, it would become

(Serbia vs Netherlands) vs (Ukraine vs Germany)

(Poland vs B4) vs (Belgium vs D4)

But probably no one would really believe Poland can lose to Ukraine...

• Did anyone here watch the entirety of the FIN-TUR match? Because many people on social media claim that it was fixed in Finland's favor so they can advance to the eightfinals instead of Macedonia.

Not at all, tur was trying their best but their level dropped at the end of 4th set and the coach was very angry with players for making so many unforced errors. Considering the dialogues during the timeouts, I'm sure they were trying their best to win against Finnish team. There were some controversial calls from referees in favor of Finland but that can't be called match fixing

By the way, turkey has historically good relationships with Macedonia (even our libero has roots from there) so if they would want to help to a team, it would have been Macedonia not Finland:whistle:

• Adis vs Italy ---> My dream match-up. Thank god! Let's go Adis! Show yourself and go sign with Trentino :)

You know this isn't going to happen with your little Polyanna as the libero of Trentino? :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The Czech Republic have to thank Jan Hadrava for sending them into the next round. Montenegro were otherwise close to upseting yet another team. With their two wins, just like North Macedonia, Montenegro completed a memorable first ECH campaign. I didn't like the Czech MBs at all. From a potent presence in the midlde once with the likes of Lebl, Rak, Stanek, Vesely, even Jiri Kral, to Sobotka and Zajicek now, this is where the Czechs suffer the most. And still, today they underperformed, despite the much better display last night against the Dutch (fatigue had surely played a role here), and the only reliable option to convert points for them did a fantastic job.

In Antwerp, Germany's B with Karlitzek, Schott, Zimmermann, Bohme, Hirsch, is surprisingly good enough to win only a set against Spain... Spain took advantage of the situation and advances to the next round at the expense of a slightly better, to me, Slovakian team.

• The Czech Republic have to thank Jan Hadrava for sending them into the next round. Montenegro were otherwise close to upseting yet another team. With their two wins, just like North Macedonia, Montenegro completed a memorable first ECH campaign. I didn't like the Czech MBs at all. From a potent presence in the midlde once with the likes of Lebl, Rak, Stanek, Vesely, even Jiri Kral, to Sobotka and Zajicek now, this is where the Czechs suffer the most. And still, today they underperformed, despite the much better display last night against the Dutch (fatigue had surely played a role here), and the only reliable option to convert points for them did a fantastic job.

In Antwerp, Germany's B with Karlitzek, Schott, Zimmermann, Bohme, Hirsch, is surprisingly good enough to win only a set against Spain... Spain took advantage of the situation and advances to the next round at the expense of a slightly better, to me, Slovakian team.

Hadrava was indeed fantastic today. 39 pts including 10 aces, he was pretty much the only Czech player who had a good match, but what a match for him it was.
    Germany apparently played with zero motivation today against an opponent that needed to win. Can't really blame the Germans too much for this loss, it is hard to play matches like this, especially when they kind of had a disappointing tournament so far. I think they will win over the Dutch in the 1/8 finals tho.

Too bad for Slovakia, Spain got really lucky with the match schedule there.

• So we have another POL-ESP match in the round of 16 and a possible POL-GER QF again!