Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Lippmann really plays fantastic right now. Her numbers are "Egonu-like" in terms of productivity as well as efficiency so far this season. She averages 22 pts per game and around 50% killed balls in attack. She carries Firenze on her shoulders alone.

• Sirressi has a two match ban for insulting the referees after Bergamo's match on Sunday :white: There was a quite controversial (and IMO quite wrong) call at 23-24 against Bergamo that finished the match, so maybe in the heat of the moment she lost her nerves, but I find this a quite harsh punishment.

• Sirressi has a two match ban for insulting the referees after Bergamo's match on Sunday :white: There was a quite controversial (and IMO quite wrong) call at 25-24 against Bergamo that finished the match, so maybe in the heat of the moment she lost her nerves, but I find this a quite harsh punishment.

I agree. Imma is an amazing person.

• OMG, what did she say? :box:

Smarzek managed to lose her place in the starting line-up already. I guess at least somewhat positive news for Bergamo is that Sara Loda apparently played well, but it's not looking good for them at all at the moment.

LOL at Novara having to bring in their best squad in order to beat Club Italia. Nizetich is clearly a weak link, but I don't think Piccinini at her age can last the whole season as a starter. It's something they need to work out.

Lippmann's stats are indeed impressive, but she needs another hitter to help her out, Sorokaite is not bringing it but I guess she's needed for her reception. It looks like Santana going in for Degradi was the game changer for Firenze. Popović apparently did great in attack and had a mean serving streak, but she needs to step up her blocking game.

• volleyball.it only writes that she refused handshake with the referees after the match and directed "an offensive phrase" at them. By the way, you can watch the controversial call below:

IMO it was a clear mistake by the referee because neither of the Bergamo players was in the opponent court with a foot and they didn't disturb their opponents either, so the referee had no right to call it. No idea if there was a challenge, I just saw it in this highlight video and found it quite odd.

• IMO it was a clear mistake by the referee because neither of the Bergamo players was in the opponent court with a foot and they didn't disturb their opponents either, so the referee had no right to call it. No idea if there was a challenge, I just saw it in this highlight video and found it quite odd.

You are wrong. According to volleyball rules: "Crossing the court center line with any part of your body is a violation. Exception: if it is the hand or foot. In this case, the entire hand or entire foot must cross for it to be a violation.

The players' upper body, including the hands, clearly crossed the center line. It's a good call from the referee. Check this video, you will see the definition of center line violations.

• IMO it was a clear mistake by the referee because neither of the Bergamo players was in the opponent court with a foot and they didn't disturb their opponents either, so the referee had no right to call it. No idea if there was a challenge, I just saw it in this highlight video and found it quite odd.

Yeah, I actually watched it live and was puzzled as to what they saw. They didn't disturb an opponent's play and moved their feet across the line, so it seemed odd indeed.

kyle7in1 I don't know if the rule changed or not and I'm unaware of it, but from the countless games I watched where something similar happened, it's only a fault when the feet cross the line or when the player interrupts the opponent's movement or play. So, judging by this, both Smarzek and the other player did not commit any fault. It's no wonder they got so upset over it because even the challenge system showed nothing irregular happened.

• From FIVB's website, the latest edition of the rules:

It is permitted to penetrate into the opponent’s space under the net,
    provided that this does not interfere with the opponent’s play

And

to touch the opponent’s court with any part of the body above the feet
    is permitted provided that it does not interfere with the opponent’s play

So it does look like this call was against the rules.

I'm not sure what to think of Sirressi's ban as we don't know what she said. If it was something really outrageous, I'm OK with it, but it was some generic insult, it's too harsh considering the circumstances.

• Yeah, I actually watched it live and was puzzled as to what they saw. They didn't disturb an opponent's play and moved their feet across the line, so it seemed odd indeed.

kyle7in1 I don't know if the rule changed or not and I'm unaware of it, but from the countless games I watched where something similar happened, it's only a fault when the feet cross the line or when the player interrupts the opponent's movement or play. So, judging by this, both Smarzek and the other player did not commit any fault. It's no wonder they got so upset over it because even the challenge system showed nothing irregular happened.

That video I posted is from 2015. I am not sure if FIVB has changed the rules since then. A normal scenario of a fake center line violation happens when the ball is already "dead". Then it won't be counted as a violation.

• That video I posted is from 2015. I am not sure if FIVB has changed the rules since then. A normal scenario of a fake center line violation happens when the ball is already "dead". Then it won't be counted as a violation.

I think they probably did change it. Just like they reverted the net violation rule (it went from "any touch" to "touch on the superior portion of the net" and then to "any touch" again). You were not wrong before, but yeah, I think this particular rule is not the same as in 2015 anymore.

• Sirressi has a two match ban for insulting the referees after Bergamo's match on Sunday :white: There was a quite controversial (and IMO quite wrong) call at 23-24 against Bergamo that finished the match, so maybe in the heat of the moment she lost her nerves, but I find this a quite harsh punishment.

I have seen Immacolata Sirresi twice on court directly and can't imagine she going this way "out of bounds". One match would suffice of course anyway.

• This Imma's case is really interesting. Looks like referees are respected differently in other counries.

I would give you an example from polish leagues. Last season, Lorenzo Micelli pushed the second referee and he was banned until the end of that set...

I've also read that last week Blagojević was screaming at the referee few times and later clap her hands in the front of referees face and she didn't even get red card...

• This Imma's case is really interesting. Looks like referees are respected differently in other counries.

I would give you an example from polish leagues. Last season, Lorenzo Micelli pushed the second referee and he was banned until the end of that set...

I've also read that last week Blagojević was screaming at the referee few times and later clap her hands in the front of referees face and she didn't even get red card...

Generally speaking usually the yelllow and red cards are received by male head coaches in women's volleyball nearly exclusively, getting such a card by a female player is a rather seldom event - with about 10 years experience in first league (VBL).

• Chieri - Busto 20:30 (CET) live on RaiSport (15.11)

http://webtvhd.com/raisport+hd-live.php

I see Busto as fave, even without Mejiner they are strong and very young team. Cheiri has potentional but the just can't find their right path!