CEV Champions League 2019

• I bet on vakfibank vs fener/ecz/imoco/scanddi in the final!!:lol:

I checked the stats of several matches imoco played recently vs scanddici and novara. I find it is so interesting. Imoco often gets more points and better stats than the other side.however, they lose in the end......

• Fenerbahce-Scandicci is the match I am looking forward to most. Both teams have similar strength and weaknesses. It could turn into a great match:super:

• IMO 3 Turkish teams and Novara will be at semis. I think Novara has no chance to pass VakıfBank. I believe There will be a great final between Vakıf and Eczacıbaşı.

• IMO 3 Turkish teams and Novara will be at semis. I think Novara has no chance to pass VakıfBank. I believe There will be a great final between Vakıf and Eczacıbaşı.

I believe their is gone be 3 Italian teams and Vakifbank. :)

• I believe Stuttgart will win it

I didn't know, that you have this kind of humor :) . You are aware, that Novara has about five times the budget of Stuttgart and the latter are what we call in Germany "arm wie eine Kirchenmaus" (poor like a mouse in the church, symbolically for extreme poverty) in comparison to all others? This is the list of estimated budgets of the quarter final teams (save for an offset of 1 million Euro or so, aside from Stuttgart, about which I have accurate numbers) in million Euro:

1. VakifBank and Eczacibasi: about 13

3. Moscow about 10

4. Fenerbahce 8 to 10 (I suppose, Vargas and Bricio are relatively cheap attackers :) )

5. Conegliano and Novara: about 8

7. Scandicci 5 to 6

8. Stuttgart 1.6 (find the difference to all others :) )

If you have better numbers, you are invited to refine those...

• Moscow could not even defeat Fenerbahce in the pool stage and not overtake Kaliningrad in Russia. I don't know exactly, what is wrong with them, but they are definitely playing no great season so far.

• StefanS Eczacibasi might be 13 indeed! There was an official news article confirmed the richest Turkish club had a little over 10 million a season, though Eczacibasi this season surely passed that.

VakifBank had 10 million last season and it was said they dropped that post Naz/Gözde by quite a margin so I don't think they have 13 now that would not make sense. Maybe 8. Fenerbahçe probably has indeed 8-10.

I don't know about Italian teams as no official and recent sources seem to ever discuss it but if we have to believe some users here they make less then in Stuttgart maybe even :lol: Egonu makes 2000€ a year for example

Moscow is underperforming.

• i didnt know Moscow has such a big budget as written in the post .. i mean bigger/higher than e.g. Conegliano etc ??

The top Russian teams are used to have really high budgets. That they can't deliver at these numbers is a shame for them.

• StefanS Buget does not mean anything. What is Minas budget ? Boskovic and Kim alone probably makes like twice of what the whole Mina's team makes. And still Minas beat Vitra.

So let's not give budget an excuse as the reason why non of these European teams can't beat the Turkish.

Budget does not win games. Ball don't lie.

• if Novara's budget is 8M and Egonu is only making 150k...where's all the money going? Maybe Picinnini is making more than Zhu?...lol

Honestly, I can't figure out, what is going on there completely. Many numbers are from a publication from Alba BLAJ team from last season, because I had not many other sources for most teams, so I think, VakifBank should still have about 10 million Euro at least. But it is not likely, that Conegliano or Novara have much less as claimed there, because they have many expensive players in the roster and the sponsors are happy to pour in money for A1 teams partiiaptig in the CL, a big advantage the top three (Conegliano, Novara and Scandicci) have against all others like Busto Arsizio, Casalmaggiore, Monza and the others. As long there are no alternative information sources, we can often just guess :( .

The Russian teams never hired lots of foreigners, there are usually at most two per team (I think, more are even not allowed there).

• in what world Ortolani makes more then Egonu :rolll::rolll::rolll:

If this is true then I can understand why Egonu hates her life sometimes xD Ortolani is not even 1/5 worth of Egonu tbh... Danesi should look for a 2nd day job :'D

Maybe Italian clubs pay the foreigners a lot more then their locals.

• To be fair, when Egonu signed her contract it wasn't obvious that she'd be such a good player as she is. We could all see she was good and had potential to be even better but she hadn't proved she was a really great player back then. Ortolani of course is not close to Egonu in current ability but she has been a very reliable player for years and teams know when they sign her they're getting a good solid player, while Egonu was more of a gamble.