CEV Champions League 2019

• Time to celebrate with a bottle of Lafite.

• Their is no “Final Four” this year.

Their is going to be two semi finals matches. Home - Away than winner will play Final match in Berlin.

• Regarding leagues ranking: there are just three remaining in contention for now, i.e. Italy, Turkey and Romania. So we are very close to get at least the numbers for combined CEV Cup + Challenge Cup rankings. While I don't like, that CEV changes rules there every year, at least I hope for a more reasonable solution, i.e. nobody likes the CL qualifying rounds, which add up several superfluous matches for the better teams...

• CEV said that 52% of tickets are already sold for Final matches in Berlin. That is great news !!

Can’t wait to watch tomorrow match. I expect min. 4k fans in PalaVerde. :)

• Imoco, who will Santarelli start? At MB I would pick Danesi over Folie and sacrifice some scoring for blocking with the goal of frustrating Vargas who is block prone against a solid wall. Blocking continues to be one of Imoco's strengths and a solid advantage. Eda Erdem is formidable for Fener but the depth of Imoco; Robin, Folie, and Denasi is advantage Imoco.

At OP both Fabris and Lowe have shown their inconsistencies. If Fabris is healthy, knee? then I would go with her to start and let her play her way back to the bench or shine. Imoco will need solid play from one of these two to win. Vargas is having a breakout season this year and approaching Egonu and Bosko in performance. Advantage Fener.

Sylla, can she handle the reception pressure and stay on the court? Emotionally volatile she can get into ferocious attack mode and is very dangerous. Bricio brings the same big hitting style of attack with dicey reception. Even in skill but in case of a meltdown Imoco has a stronger back up in Tirozzi. Even because of Bricio’s serving skill.

Kim Hill coming off of a MVP performance in Imoco’s brilliant upset win over ECZ where she out played both Larson and Kim. Imoco has a clear advantage here over Rabadzhieva. If Hill repeats with that type of match it’s a guaranteed win for Imoco.

Woloz, setter, and the Quick System. Right now there is no one in the world running Santerelli’s Italian version of Karch’s Quick System as effectively as Woloz. When she is at her most creative she provides high quality sets to her formidable array of attackers. In Imoco’s last two matches she has turned Hill into MVP mode. Her middles Robin, Folie, and Denasi, always hit over 50%. And both Lowe and Fabris have shown that they can achieve 50% mode.

Momentum, it belongs to Imoco. There golden set win over ECZ and Saturday against Busto were convincing. Fenerbache unexpectedly lost to Yollari; stars Polina, Belin, and Enright. Plus they are showing some fatigue and minor injuries.

Imoco wins 3-0

• I see Conegliano as fave they are way more balance team with so many options in attack even Sylla prooved herself that She can be stabil at reception but again if recepton is not working they have Tirozzi.

Fener is all about Vargas, stop her you will stop whole team. But that is not simple at all.

I would go with Danesi in this match because of her blocking She can stop Vargas and I do believe Conegliano defence will do magic again.

• odds:

Conegliano 1.33 x 3.25 Fenerbahçe

The bookies see Imoco Conegeliano as the victors here today. They expect them to to win 72%

That's a tempting price for Fener.

I agree Conegliano are probably likely winners especially at home but if FB play like they did vs Vakifbank then they'll win.

• betting odds is a little absurd. imoco still dont have a go-to player whereas fb has vargas. they choked against eczacı in the first match in times of crisis just cuz they didnt have a star opposite. i am curious to know how tonights game will unfold.

• betting odds is a little absurd. imoco still dont have a go-to player whereas fb has vargas. they choked against eczacı in the first match in times of crisis just cuz they didnt have a star opposite. i am curious to know how tonights game will unfold.

“Go-to player” is not winnint match, team does.

• Fenerbahçe is not like novara. Bricio is getting a lot of sets as well (sometimes as much as Vargas) also Eda scores a lot. So I don't agree with calling Fenerbahçe as one-player team