2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• the most annoying thing is he is 53y.o, if he was a teenager, probably I could understand him to some extent. But he is 53y.o, when he will learn to respect people and their ethnicity:/ he probably has lack of sophistication. Let's move on, guys.

• Dudes, I live in Asia, an Asian, I don't feel offended by such gesture. I also have fun if some one teases about the slanted eyes (that I am to some extent). So what? Being rounded eyes, slanted eyes, etc ... What's the big deal? :-) Racially, genetically they are Different. Even culturally. Those are FACTS! Yeah, perhaps because I am not fond of the "PC" charge mobilized in the some parts of the world in the last few years.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• When you have the government freely spending because the president wants to, then yes. Also you’ve got that Turkish Airlines ad on the uniforms.

You're actually right. I read a news . Our (?) president's one-day spend is 6 million TRY. So 1 million EUR doesn't matter for goverment lol

• Dudes, I live in Asia, an Asian, I don't feel offended by such gesture. I also have fun if some one teases about the slanted eyes (that I am to some extent). So what? Being rounded eyes, slanted eyes, etc ... What's the big deal? :-) Racially, genetically they are Different. Even culturally. Those are FACTS! Yeah, perhaps because I am not fond of the "PC" charge mobilized in the some parts of the world in the last few years.

Ofc you don't feel offended, because you are the majority as "an Asian living in Asia".

But an Asian living somewhere else as a minority will feel different.

What matters most is that such behavior has BAD implications that can lead to discrimination against the minorities. Historically and even currently, the discrimination is everywhere. That's the big deal.

But you're just one voice. There are many more people who want to be offended on your behalf :teach: We should listen to them :rolleyes:

"gets banned everywhere"

"should be punished no exceptions or excuses"

Really?

Someone once posted here about "ugly japs" who cheat all the time. Nobody gave a shit about that ?(

• Ofc you don't feel offended, because you are the majority as "an Asian living in Asia".

But an Asian living somewhere else as a minority will feel different.

What matters most is that such behavior has BAD implications that can lead to discrimination against the minorities. Historically and even currently, the discrimination is everywhere. That's the big deal.

That's the point. And it's why I think it's important to not lump stupid shit in with discriminatory shit

• sitenoise I'm not talking about the Serbian girls, that is old news by now. I'm talking about Busato of who'm we still don't even know if he celebrated for Tokyo or directly towards the Koreans, they did feel offended by this.

I don't know why you also specifically have my posts pointed out about a user insulting the Japanese players and saying no one gave a shit about that? Really, I'm pretty sure I did not support that behaviour and back then had that post reported even! I'm not a moderator here so what else do you expect me to do... What is your point even? Because some people tolerated that, we should tolerate all racism now? Ok

• It's also very racist. Probably everyone was busy with trying to get this over.

"Probably"? Because then it would be "understandable"?

In an ironic twist, the dickhead who posted "ugly japs" showed up later calling some Brazilian players "racist" because they made the gesture this russian/italian dude and the serbian girls did. I posted his "ugly japs" post back to him. He responded it wasn't racist because he was asian .

• Someone should teach him that even if you don’t mean anything but simply sort of a celebration, if the other person gets racially offended that’s not a joke nor celebration. I mean mate, you’re bloody 53 :lol:

I don’t honestly know how it’s considered elsewhere but if someone makes such a rational gesture like that in Sweden, in particular sportsmen that person would immediately banned or leastwise be thought as a really uneducated person.

I personally find Asian eyes pretty charming and I’m sure that the majority of them have prettier eyes than the old guy :lol:

• i mean this is an expected answer, but i don't think anyone in the sports world would knowingly do a racist act in front of the camera

What an idiot, the samba is a dance = culture. Ofc you can refer to them as that. But slanted eyes are not culture, it's literally a physical trait you're trying to imitate while laughing histerically and pulling your eyes horizontally because to 'your' primitive brain that's as much as there is to those eyes... It's not comparable to his 2016 samba, again to me its comparable to blackface.

Japan has such a rich culture if he wanted to he could refer to them in so many ways to express his happiness. I don't buy this apology of this 53 year old grown ass man. I mean he still only apologized to Korea but it's offensive to the Japanese as well if he used it for Tokyo :whistle:

• No one (or around 99% of the people) knows in Italy that this is considered racist in Asia (and maybe somewhere else?). Busato has travelled a bit, but I think he worked mainly in Italy and Russia so it's expected he didn't know.

People don't do it in Asia most likely, it's afaik considered racist in Western countries with Asian minorities. At least all the ones I lived in, I'm not sure about Italy. But I doubt 99% never heard of that :roll:

• If he did that because he was trying to mock the Koreans then it’s a really disgraceful thing to do but I don’t know anything about the man so I’ll assume he was just doing it because he was excited.

In this case, it was still an ignorant thing to do but I don’t want to judge him too harshly if it wasn’t his intention to offend anyone. His apology is expected and we don’t know how sincere it was but what else can we expect him to do? An apology is better than nothing.

• it was still an ignorant thing to do but I don’t want to judge him too harshly

That's the thing. One of my namecaller friends, who the only thing he knows about Women's volleyball is what the Serbian girls did--because that's the only thing the Huffington Post ever found newsworthy about everything the Serbian girls have done over the last decade--FUCK--dropped his charge against the girls of 'racism' to 'ignorance'. He doesn't even know where Serbia is on a map.

Ignorance isn't a crime.

Altinli I didn't put your quotes in "quote boxes" because it's not about you. It's about this notion that certain things are forgivable if we have a context or interest in them. "Ugly Japs" is okay if we're still upset about a Thai coach who doesn't know when to shut his mouth, or ... gosh, banning the Serbian Women's volleyball team would be a little harsh. Because.

But this old white dude whom we know nothing about? Off with his head!

• No one (or around 99% of the people) knows in Italy that this is considered racist in Asia (and maybe somewhere else?). Busato has travelled a bit, but I think he worked mainly in Italy and Russia so it's expected he didn't know.

No one (or around 99% of the people) knows in Italy that this is considered racist in Asia (and maybe somewhere else?). Busato has travelled a bit, but I think he worked mainly in Italy and Russia so it's expected he didn't know.

Tbh, I don't think he did it because he is racist. Honestly, I think he did it because he wanted to be famous in the world. There are lots of people in the world didn't know him before, but they do now:D

• The stupidest thing about the Russian coach, is that he had to have seen somewhere the Serbia picture.

It's not like volleyball coaches live in bubbles. Or in some cases, maybe they do and just do not have clue.

Even worse is that the former head of the FIVB was Chinese, Wei Jizhong. So if this happens on his watch is there a financial penalty for the coach or the federation, or both, in addition to a suspension? Just asking because, the Serbia photo was originally on the FIVB page after the 2017 FIVB European World Championship qualification tournament.