2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Teach me, senpai!

Been watching the match from that fB page and it was HQ stream with good commentator. Any possible way to get replay?

With the $20 FiveBuh subscription you can watch and re-watch all you want ... until the tournament is over. I can't figure out how to download them though. I can get video but no audio. I googled around and this seems to be a new way that folks are protecting their streamed videos from being downloaded. Lots of GOT people unhappy.

If you are in a country that doesn't offer the subscription you can use a VPN. That's what I did. I'm Canadian these days. If you are in that situation and want help, PM me. It's easy as pie if you are interested.

• goodness gracious, CHN goes from C team to A team, bringing out all the big guns.

they have such a surplus of good players. i'm really impressed in brasilia with yang hanyu. she doesn't seem to do the backslide but her attack in front of the setter is remarkable by how quick she adjusts her arm swing. she never seems to fully extend her arm so the set looks like it's too low, but she just snaps her arm and hits it so fast that the blockers can't get to her. i don't think she got blocked many times (as compared to the other MB, hu).

Goodness gracious indeed. Lang ping took us all by surprise

• sakoda i only remember from WCh 2014 x DOM, she basically killed DOM with her backrow attacks.

the thing with JPN is, after their peak in 2012, they have not had the same quality since then. and btw, did anyone notice how short they are right now? they've gone backwards in height. their MBs and OPPs are 176 cm!!!!! as far back as beijing 2008, they had kimura, araki, sugiyama and kurihara, these were all 184-187 cm tall! in that team, only shin and takeshita were short.

in the current team, excepting iwasaka, the tallest players are 180 cm tall (kurogo, ishii, akutagawa).

Sarina Koga 180 cm, Miyu Nakagawa 180 cm also. They still have Haruyo Shimamura 182 cm and Erika Shinomiya(Araki) 186 cm and Mai Irisawa 188 cm, as one of the newcomers. 😊

• I think so. That's how it works. After winning the set from Brazil to qualify, they take out Araki and Shinnabe. If Serbia hadn't been douchey and gifted them that opportunity, they'd have left them in and beat Brazil. It's all heartbeats.

Brazil kept shooting themselves in the foot. 2-0 against Germany and even match points and lost 3-2. Gave up a set to Mexico. Went extra points and did not get a 2-1 lead over Netherlands (chance to get a 3-1 win and all three points). Serbia had already clinched so yes Japan benefited, but Brazil had chances and let them slip. The loss to Germany is what killed them from 8 to 7 wins and dropped 2 points too.

• Brazil kept shooting themselves in the foot. 2-0 against Germany and even match points and lost 3-2. Gave up a set to Mexico. Went extra points and did not get a 2-1 lead over Netherlands (chance to get a 3-1 win and all three points). Serbia had already clinched so yes Japan benefited, but Brazil had chances and let them slip. The loss to Germany is what killed them from 8 to 7 wins and dropped 2 points too.

LOL I know Japan can only win if another team actively loses. That's why I like them. That's DEFENSE :rolll:

• So what kind of VPN are you using sitenoise? I have VyprVpn which is normally reliable and serves me well in the pass but for whatever reasons it can't fool fivb..can't go pass welcome without being redirected to the bs "not available in your country" landing. Anyway have you tried using jdownloader 2 for your "procuring needs"?

• Polish roster for week 2

S: Pleśnierowicz, Nowicka

Opp: Smarzek, Bociek

OH: Grajber, Mędrzyk, Stysiak, Różański

MB: Kąkolewska, Efimienko-Młotkowska, Alagierska, Witkowska

L: Maj-Erwardt, Stenzel

• So only china and Poland has new roster for 2nd week? Interesting for china, i mean they are the host and even though they will not be able to make it to top 5 they are still part of final 6.

I heard usa will have the same roster? Exciting how these young team will play against serbia wil bosko and mihajlovic and there is a high possibility that italy will change their roster too against usa and serbia.

• Italy roster for week 2

Setter: Alessia Orro, Ofelia Malinov

MB: Sara Alberti, Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie.

L: Monica De Gennaro e Beatrice Parrocchiale

OH: Lucia Bosetti, Elena Pietrini, Indre Sorokaite, Myriam Sylla, Caterina Bosetti.

Opp: Paola Egonu.

• I heard usa will have the same roster? Exciting how these young team will play against serbia wil bosko and mihajlovic

Serbia will perform at the next tournaments without the main players ( Boskovic, Mihajlovic, Veljkovic ). The opportunity to play will have young players, with less experience in national team.

Olympic gold medal, Sydney 2000. : Vladimir Batez, Slobodan Kovač, Slobodan Boškan, Đula Mešter, Vasa Mijić, Nikola Grbić, Vladimir Grbić, Andrija Gerić, Goran Vujević, Ivan Miljković, Veljko Petković, Igor Vušurović - HC Zoran Gajić

• Brazil kept shooting themselves in the foot. 2-0 against Germany and even match points and lost 3-2. Gave up a set to Mexico. Went extra points and did not get a 2-1 lead over Netherlands (chance to get a 3-1 win and all three points). Serbia had already clinched so yes Japan benefited, but Brazil had chances and let them slip. The loss to Germany is what killed them from 8 to 7 wins and dropped 2 points too.

Exactly. Brazil choked whenever it mattered and that's all we can take from all of this. Serbia and the other teams had nothing to do with it.

• Wow Italy will the strongest roster.

I hope to watch Folie in the action !!!

What a fight for OH position !!!

• I like Folie and I think she should be a starter next to Danesi! But isn't it better for her body to skip tournaments as VNL and only play important tournaments, because she is very injury prone?

• So what kind of VPN are you using sitenoise? I have VyprVpn which is normally reliable and serves me well in the pass but for whatever reasons it can't fool fivb..can't go pass welcome without being redirected to the bs "not available in your country" landing. Anyway have you tried using jdownloader 2 for your "procuring needs"?

I use jDownloader all the time but it won't download 'protected' files, in this case these HLS streams. Netdownloadhelper will, but even after I've figured out which streams are audio and which are video it just errors out on the audio streams. There's dozens of them. This is a new problem. I know the m3u8 file and where it's streamed from but figuring out all the fancy stuff like DNA did for sportdeutschland is way above my pay grade.

As for the VPN thing, I don't know your particular one but hola can be finicky about only engaging on a page that's already been loaded in a browser window. Kind of a catch-22. I've found Hotspot Shield will turn on before you load a page. Make sure you choose a country that FiveBuh is available in. I'm Canadian

• Brazil squad for the second week in Apeldoorn:

S: Macris, Roberta

OPP: Paula Borgo, Lorenne

OH: Gabi, Amanda, Natália, Júlia, Tainara

MBs: Mara, Bia, Mayany, Lara, Milka

L: Léia, Natinha

16 players traveled, with Milka as the new addition. Natália is not gonna play. The last one to be cut is between one of the MBs most likely.