2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Referees stealing point from Poland in the tie-break vs Turkey —-> „it happens”

Referees stealing 5 points from Poland in the match against DR —-> „it happens”

Referee whistled by mistake today which was just a repeat of rally ——> „omg they stole victory from Canada” „worst referee ever”

:lol::lol::lol:

• Ugh coming home and seeing a 3-0 loss against Brazil is not what I wanted to see?(?(?( Plak is not sure about her future in the NT yet, my gut feeling says it's related to Selinger. I am gonna watch the match later, but it's for sure everyone hoped for more in this tournament

• Referees stealing point from Poland in the tie-break vs Turkey —-> „it happens”

Referees stealing 5 points from Poland in the match against DR —-> „it happens”

Referee whistled by mistake today which was just a repeat of rally ——> „omg they stole victory from Canada” „worst referee ever”

:lol::lol::lol:

Poland is one of the two host teams. It's natural to suspect bias in favor of hosts -- regardless of who is hosting.

• Ugh coming home and seeing a 3-0 loss against Brazil is not what I wanted to see?(?(?( Plak is not sure about her future in the NT yet, my gut feeling says it's related to Selinger. I am gonna watch the match later, but it's for sure everyone hoped for more in this tournament

I don't think anyone was expecting the drop-off after 2018 with Sloetjes' unexpected (?) retirement.

• October 8, 2022 Quarterfinal Clinching Scenarios

Pool E
    ITA clinched quarterfinal berth Oct. 7. WIN VS. CHN, ITA would finish in 1st Place in Pool F

BRA: WIN 2 SETS VS. BEL, BRA reach 7 wins and 21 points, BEL could tie on wins, but not points at 20.

JPN: Cannot clinch berth on Saturday. BEL LOSS vs. CHN IN <5 SETS would mean than JPN would need 2 SET WINS on Oct. 9 vs. NED to qualify.

CHN: WIN vs. ITA AND BEL LOSS vs. BRA

BEL: Cannot be eliminated on Oct. 8, even with a loss vs. BRA.

Pool F
    SRB clinched quarterfinal berth Oct. 5. 1st in Pool F.

USA clinched quarterfinal berth Oct. 7, WIN vs. THA IN <5 SETS will give them 2nd Place in Pool F.

TUR clinched quarterfinal berth Oct. 5, 1. WIN vs. SRB AND USA LOSS vs THA OR 2. WIN vs. SRB IN <5 SETS AND USA WIN vs. THA IN 5 SETS, TUR will take sets ratio tiebreaker over USA

POL: WIN 2 SETS vs. DOM, POL at 5 wins and reach 16 points, DOM can match wins and points, but sets ratio would be POL (20-15, 1.333) vs. DOM (20-16. 1.25)

DOM: WIN vs. POL IN <5 SETS

October 8, 2022 Eliminated Teams (as POL-DOM is the last match in Pool F, and will determine last quarterfinal spot in that pool)

Pool E
    NED Eliminated on Oct. 7

PUR Eliminated on Oct. 6

ARG Eliminated on Oct. 5

Pool F
    CAN Eliminated on Oct. 7

THA Eliminated on Oct. 7

GER Eliminated on Oct. 7

• POL: WIN 2 SETS vs. DOM, POL at 5 wins and reach 16 points, DOM can match wins and points, but sets ratio would be POL (20-15, 1.333) vs. DOM (20-16. 1.25)

DOM: WIN vs. POL IN <5 SETS

Poland plays with Germany and DR with Canada.

• looking the quarter finals we could have turkey vs serbia match repeated only 2 or 3 days after the first fame also the italy vs china

• looking the quarter finals we could have turkey vs serbia match repeated only 2 or 3 days after the first fame also the italy vs china

Such a bad fórmula for QFs and Semi

• Such a bad fórmula for QFs and Semi

It's the problem of the co hosting it makes it simple

I remember the eurovolley 2019 where france played vs serbia in paris and poland vs slovenia in slovenia then slovenia should fly that day to play next day against serbia in the final

Really messed up the co hosting thing

• All matches from QFs on should be in one country. I know it is tough to have second host then but this formula we have is stupid and makes teams play against each other over and over.

• Wait until the last whistle.

The biggest problem of Polish female NT is that there is no chance to gather all the best first at the same time. This match showed how subs are important. Smarzek would be useful with Dom and Can, today we needed Czyrniańska and Łukasik. 3 crucial players are off. The same was during VNL. If someday all best players will be available then it will much easier to win.

Exactly..Czyrnianska and Łukasik are core players. I'm sure they would play in the starting line-up. I think that with them we could realistically think about sf. In spite of everything I am very pleased, finally we have a good coach and next generation with great potenial - Orzol, Piasecka, Druzkowska, Czyrnianska, Szlagowska, Centka, Pierzchała, Leoniak.

Stysiak and Łukasik are still young players as well

• I'm pretty sure that I was right in my previous post that the only way for Poland to overtake Turkey for 3rd spot is for Serbia and Poland to both sweep today. And since Serbia-Turkey plays first, they'll practically have to decide whether and how much they prefer Turkey to Poland in quarters.

• I'm pretty sure that I was right in my previous post that the only way for Poland to overtake Turkey for 3rd spot is for Serbia and Poland to both sweep today. And since Serbia-Turkey plays first, they'll practically have to decide whether and how much they prefer Turkey to Poland in quarters.

If someone wants to become a champion, he has to beat everyone and there is no point in trying to combine it because it ends differently, Poland can also play great in 1/4 and beat the giant