2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Schoot playing good as well so far! Stable reception and some good defensive work:)

• What did he say about Danesi? I missed it

• I don't know when the referees will learn to recognize what floor touch is. The rotation of the ball gets the opposite direction only when it touches the hand and the floor. That was clear one

• I don't know when the referees will learn to recognize what floor touch is. The rotation of the ball gets the opposite direction only when it touches the hand and the floor. That was clear one

That reminds me when Federer explained to the umpire that the ball was rotating in the wrong direction, hence it bounced twice

• I think it was a mistake when Italy communicated the formation, putting down 1 (Lubian) instead of 11 (Danesi)

But usually Danesi never starts on pos.1 and Lubian often enters as a serving sub. I've seen such a tactic in tiebreaks when coaches know well that there will be about 1.5-2 rotations, so a good server starts on pos.1, goes out for the front row rotations and returns on serve again towards the end of the set, knowing he/she won't come to front row again. I don't think I've seen it in regular sets before, but I'm pretty sure if Danesi goes to serve towards the end of the set Lubian will replace her again.

• But usually Danesi never starts on pos.1 and Lubian often enters as a serving sub. I've seen such a tactic in tiebreaks when coaches know well that there will be about 1.5-2 rotations, so a good server starts on pos.1, goes out for the front row rotations and returns on serve again towards the end of the set, knowing he/she won't come to front row again. I don't think I've seen it in regular sets before, but I'm pretty sure if Danesi goes to serve towards the end of the set Lubian will replace her again.

Oh that makes sense too - italian commenters talked about that formation mistake but your theory makes more sense :lol:

• I want Dijkema in. Every single set from Bongaerts lacks precision

With Dijkema on court we will only get blocked. At least Bongaerts is a bit creatif and it's not like Dijkema her sets are precise:D