2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I went to Apeldoorn today for both matches and I couldn't have asked for more:cheesy:

First I got to see Ding Xia actually play a lot. Which was great because I am a big fan, and Yuan Xinyue is soo impressive in real life. And of course Egonu had some monster spikes

But I all forgot it as soon as Brazil vs Japan started. The match quality... wow I have no words. Enjoyed every second of it. Defence by Japan was out-stan-ding. I felt pure volleyball happiness lol. Brazil made an amazing comeback and all the Brazilian fans got louder each set!! I was rooting for Brazil but Japan truly deserved a win too.

I happened to be right across of Anne Buijs who was on the other side of the court in the stands. She was sooo nervous throughout the match, you could clearly see it haha. After the match she and her family and friends went down to courtside to meet Carol. Just 2 meters distance from me:roll:

Minutes before the match I walked right past Sheilla Castro who happened to be there and was doing an interview before getting a seat. I mean she is an true icon after all so my heart skipped a beat:what:

As if my volleyball day wasn't successful yet, I see that the other match was great as well so I am gonna watch some more volleyball now online:obey:

• Well, I thought Poland was going to win this, would have been more fun if they did but Serbia played the most crucial part and won it after all. Congrats.

To be honest, I am surprised dumbass FIVB hasn’t scheduled both semi finals at the exact date and time. What are they trying to do? Let us watch and enjoy both games?? That can’t be. lol

• Final Serbia-Brazil please :super:

• Thanks for the kind words towards Brazil and Sheilla! Loved the insight on Anne!

• Carol Gattaz seems to have a leg injury or something btw. Don't think it is something big, but when Pri was subbed in for serve she got treatment for it. During the match she also hurt a finger

Another one who got hurt was the second referee, who got a ball right on her nose after block out. Looked pretty painful=O

Japanese player and Brazilian coaching staff immediately went to check on her

• Lots of surprises in this edition of WCH but in the end, the favorites made it to the final 4. Serbia today experienced danger for the first time in the tournament after breezing through their past matches. This should help them to be in their fighting mode in their game against USA. USA I think is the weakest of the last 4 teams. Brazil has never won against USA in the last years but if these two meet again, I see Brazil winning this time. Although Brazil beat Italy last time, I expect Italy to take revenge for that loss. It depends largely, of course, on Egonu entering beast mode. She has been quite inconsistent so far...

• Jeez this competition is so hard to watch because of the scheduling of matches and because it shows up at midnight in my country. Wish next time they don't show matches simultaneously, especially if it's important like the semi-finals.

Congrats to all teams, but I was rooting for Poland because they've had amazing growth this year! Sucks they couldn't make it through, but they did give a hard time to Serbia.

• FXkKgVlWYAIfntn?format=jpg&name=medium

Me after the Serbia-Poland and Brazil-Japan game

Jesus, they are great games :white::super:

• Damn I had goosebumps watching Japan VS Brazil.

Gabi is definitely the best women volleyball player in the world right now and fight me if you want. :rolll:

Every time Carol screamed I was aroused like I am a part of the game too. :rolll: Rosamaria and Lorenne did good too.

Congratulations Japan. Finally I saw the Japan that I fell in love with, crazy defense and fast counter attacks. Coach Manabe did wonders for this team after a flop last season.

And kudos to Roberta. Coming in for Macris for such a huge game under pressure was never an easy task. I promise I won't talk shit about your hair again after this. :rolll:

• FXkKgVlWYAIfntn?format=jpg&name=medium

Me after the Serbia-Poland and Brazil-Japan game

Jesus, they are great games :white::super:

I legitimately checked my pulse after the BRA-JPN game and although it was probably one of the fastest I have ever had, i couldn't feel it cause me hands were literally shaking. I still feel the excitement tbh and it's not really good because it's keeping me awake and it's 3am here, so tomorrow at rounds I'll probably be dead:white:

Since my reverse-jinx from the other day seems to have worked (well, except for the China match), my predictions for the semifinals are

Brazil 0x3 Italy

USA 0x3 Serbia

Universe, you known what you have to do:lol:

• Since i AM watching Volleyball i never ever Saw such great OH as Gabi in team Brazil. Never expected this much from her. A true legend of Volleyball:heart::heart:

• Hi guys. i survived the game. :)

I expected hard game, 1st set was maybe not big surprise, we all expected to lose one set at some point, but i still don't know how we lose 4th set.

I really don't blame Busa for some attacks, it was really hard vs Korneluk-Stysiak in 4.

Brankica MIhajlovic was tired after 3 sets. Lozo is still injured, this is why she is not playing.

But this game was marked with 2 things.

1. polish fans, they really carried their team and push them to play over they level. There was few moments in the game when stysiak barely moved, but she was still able to spike hard because of fans.

2. our team was under pressure from the start, and i don't think about polish fans, we didn't care about that. But 1/4 is most important match(especially for the teams with 9/9 for example), and one bad night can erase 2 weeks of hard work.