Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• But some brazilian MBs have played in Turkey right? Like Thaisa, Fabiana and Carol?

Yes and I think we can say all were very successful, except Thaisa but she had a very unfortunate season with injuries so she couldn't finish what she started sadly which was still a promising :(

• Yes and I think we can say all were very successful, except Thaisa but she had a very unfortunate season with injuries so she couldn't finish what she started sadly which was still a promising :(

That video of Thaisa crying was one of the most painful and gut wrenching volleyball injury videos i have watched. But im glad that she has now recovered.

• i hope turkish teams will open doors to brazilian middle blockers!

Brazil's Superliga have a limited seats for foreigners and most of the clubs will pursue OH or Opp players. All the best brazilian MBs especially the seven points are bound by the best teams leaving behind the inexperienced and the mediocre which teams with money in Turkey or even Italy are not willing to take chances with. They want pedigree or they'll just use turkish MBs. This is not a problem for Turkish teams. It's a domestic one because there is demand for local MBs.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• yeah i was nust hoping for mayany, bia, mara so that u20 players can be in the superleague. Just a wishful thinking though...

I know for a fact turkish teams esp vitra has a lot of last minute worst transfers like lloyd and gibbemeyer.

• But some brazilian MBs have played in Turkey right? Like Thaisa, Fabiana and Carol?

Andressa has also played in Turkey (Eczasibasi) :win:

• Wow thats big big news! Ezgi Dilik (S) terminated her contract with Aydin BB (with both sides' agreement).

Looks like she retired from volleyball at the age of 24! No clue why yet: https://www.voleybolplus.com/ezgi-dilik-voleybolu-birakti/

How shocking, this is a big loss for Turkish league and NT imo (and Aydin now), there is not many solid setters like Ezgi and her defensive skills may be even the best out of all setters :( Why so early, I hope it's a choice she can be happy with long term. I don't know if an injury last-minute forced this decision too though.

As for the reasoning, from what I heard Ezgi likes to make a change in the world with her voice. She wants to continue her carreer as a writer full-time. I wish her good luck.

• pity that ezgi quit volleyball, she has never been one of my favourites but she was a good alternative for mid level teams

By the way zhidkova is fired from nilufer now they are looking for a new opp

• Jordan Thompson already in Turkey via her IG Story.

Hoping for a fruitfull 2020 for her in Turkey.

• Vakif with michelle bartsch-hackley

Fenerbahce with jordan thompson, rhamat alhassan.

What's eczasibashi doing?? Any reinforcements?

Bartsch is not needed when you have Gabi and Ebrar duo. So what now, Ebrar again on the bench even though She is performing really good?? Poor Ebrar, poor Meliha.

Jordan is gone play until Vargas Comeback. Hard to believe that She can fill Vargas spot.

I'm surprised that Eczacibasi didn't signed 1 more OH, why not? It is never enough. Poor Hande :/

When will Turkish players become smarter ?

• Curious to see what combination Vakifbank will go with? In which situation does Bartsch come in? Will she starts? And if she does, whose place will she replaced?

Which one is better - Gabi & Ebrar VS Gabi & Bartsch VS Bartsch & Ebrar?

I think Bartsch will only play in CL and in the case Gabi doesn't perform well. I doubt that Ebrar will lose her starting position