Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• They signed 3years with Haak, She will not be benched lol.

Well, they benched Sheilla because of Sloetjes' form, and she wasn't cheap to sign, not at all.. Time of contract means nothing if the ball speaks louder than money.. If there is a team where you can't play only with your status, this team is Vakifbank...

• Haak level droped from the middle of last season, She was far from her Best days.

Haak Has potential to be be next to Egonu and Boskovic but She needs work a lot. She has hight, power and She is nice jumper. And be coached by Guidetti 3 years can be amazing for her

• Mota taking Boskovic and Gamze out in the 5th set was very childish. He did it because he assumed the game was over, so bringing in 2 bench players to close out the game, was simply to make them feel like they helped the team win.

I'm afraid we will see more things like this in important matches and this will be costly.

• Lloyd is so bad, I just can't stand seeing her like that...

Zehra is such a queen... She is slowly taking Rasic's role as attacking MB in the team :win:

And she was SOOO good back in the day, I used to love her in USA NT and Pomi and I was pretty excited to see her here in Brazil, but i think her last injury stole almost all the volleyball she had, similar to Ana Antonijevic... They were so freaking good, creative, fearless and daring, but now, you can feel the struggle :(:(

• But the different situation is that at that time Naz is already a starter in Eczacibasi

• Lloyd is so bad, I just can't stand seeing her like that...

Zehra is such a queen... She is slowly taking Rasic's role as attacking MB in the team :win:

How about to get Dingxia after 2020og to replace Lloyd?maybe she will retire from China NT after 2020

• How about to get Dingxia after 2020og to replace Lloyd?maybe she will retire from China NT after 2020

Imo Ding Xia, if she was interested in moving abroad would be AMAZING! I could really see her do well and become a leader in Eczacibasi actually.

• It's really interesting how Ding used to be China's second setter, and when the starter retired everyone thought they're screw€d, but now Ding is recognized worldwide.

She really is a fantastic setter, but Asian setters rarely do good abroad.. take one of the greatest ever Wei as an example

• Ergül is definately an upgrade compared to Büşra, she was confident and commanding. I hoped better performance from Yasemin though. Still lacking behind Vakıf mbs especially interns of attacking, eczacı managed to close the gap a little in the blocking department.

I want either Fener or Ecz break the hegemony of Vakıf this year but Guidetti's team usually gears up when it matters the most and becomes the strongest at the finals whereas Ecz feels shaky, inconsistent and incomplete.

Fener on the other hand has no back up for Vargas, Naz and Eda should one or more of them slump(s), whilst Vakıf has subs on par with starters for almost all positions.

I wonder how the league unfolds and how the top 3 will fare against imoco

• Week 1 starts tomorrow with Karayollari - BJK

sultanlar-ligi-1-hafta.jpg

On paper those are definitely 2 of the 3 worst teams of the league this season :rolll: so it should be fun.

Fenerbahçe - THY

VakifBank - Aydin

Will be really interesting and imo

Nilüfer - Galatasaray can be too.

I wish AGY - PTT was broadcasted

• It's really interesting how Ding used to be China's second setter, and when the starter retired everyone thought they're screw€d, but now Ding is recognized worldwide.

She really is a fantastic setter, but Asian setters rarely do good abroad.. take one of the greatest ever Wei as an example

most time it is the language things.Kun Feng ever played in italy,she did well. Wei is just in a bad time of China NT. To be honest,Asian setters are good at using MBs.this makes the match interesting. I hope Ding can play abroad after 2020.

• Swedish media is reporting that Haak earns 10.6 MSEK per year, about 1 million euros from Vakifbank, making her the most earning Swedish sportswoman.

• So she gets a million euro a year, she gets written Haak instead of her first name Isabelle on her jersey as other players and breaks a club tradition...

What makes her so special? For now she's nothing more than a pretty face...

Come on, don't make such a big fuss out of such a small issue like jersey name. Some people enjoy seeking out small things just to be able to bash out a player.

Any top opposite earns around 1 million euro nowadays. Why is it a big surprise?

• I believe Goncharova and Boskovic are the only opposites who make that amount of money…

And I am sure Boskovic did make much less in her first two years with Eczacı…

I am dissappointed with Vakıfbank they used to be more savvy with their money, unlike Eczacı who hand out millions like some Arab Sheik..

Haak certainly doesn't deserve that amount...

As for the name on jersey, if it is so small matter why does princess Haak cant get along with the rest of the team? Its a club tradition to use first name as is custom in Turkey, its a nice local touch...And obviously Haak was stubborn that her surname be used…

She must have a peculiar character in that pretty head of hers...