EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• The weakest link of Russia is its coach Buzato, how many nonsense challenges he called and how many nonsense timeouts he made today? He might be a decent trainer but definitely he is not a court side coach. He acted so weirdly often when the games were in their critical moments.

Busato made a clever move for himself with sending young talents to ECH. To explain it further: he created his excuses for possible failure in this tournament (if it is called failure not to get a medal with this young team) and he will try to be in the head coach position at least one more year. We all know that Russian volleyball community always want to see Russia in top, fighting for gold medal whicever tournament they play as it is their tredition in this sport. I remember their head coach committed suicide right after the failure in London Olympics. There were rumors about his possible death that he couldnt handle the pressure of the volleyball community from Russia (I dont know if its reason was cleared later, why he did something like that, but I remember there were news about the pressure from the volleyball community and he couldt handle it). In Busatos case, After 2019 ECH, Russia won bronze medal in World Cup and it was a good start for Busato, and this year before the VNL there were statements from him that they aim to get a medal but he failed despite of Russia was one of the few teams participating with A team. I think Russia had played a great Olympics this year, they beat the olympic champion in the group phase, they had the chance to be at the top of the pool in the last match, showed a very good volleyball in quarterfinal but they 'failed',if you can say it so. I think he knew he was runing out of credit and a possible failure in ECH with A team might be his end with Russian NT so that he choose to play with youngesters. I think Fetisova, Voronkova, Zaryazko, Malova could have played in this tournament. They are not old and they could have played in this tournament if the chance was given.

However, this tournament has showed that Russia has full of talented girls to be ready to represent their country, maybe bring back their glory days for the upcoming years. All the volleyball world is excited about Arinas development in upcoming years:super: I feel like has Sokolova has reincarnated in the body of Arina :lol::lol:

• Busato made a clever move for himself with sending young talents to ECH. To explain it further: he created his excuses for possible failure in this tournament (if it is called failure not to get a medal with this young team) and he will try to be in the head coach position at least one more year. We all know that Russian volleyball community always want to see Russia in top, fighting for gold medal whicever tournament they play as it is their tredition in this sport. I remember their head coach committed suicide right after the failure in London Olympics. There were rumors about his possible death that he couldnt handle the pressure of the volleyball community from Russia (I dont know if its reason was cleared later, why he did something like that, but I remember there were news about the pressure from the volleyball community and he couldt handle it). In Busatos case, After 2019 ECH, Russia won bronze medal in World Cup and it was a good start for Busato, and this year before the VNL there were statements from him that they aim to get a medal but he failed despite of Russia was one of the few teams participating with A team. I think Russia had played a great Olympics this year, they beat the olympic champion in the group phase, they had the chance to be at the top of the pool in the last match, showed a very good volleyball in quarterfinal but they 'failed',if you can say it so. I think he knew he was runing out of credit and a possible failure in ECH with A team might be his end with Russian NT so that he choose to play with youngesters. I think Fetisova, Voronkova, Zaryazko, Malova could have played in this tournament. They are not old and they could have played in this tournament if the chance was given.

However, this tournament has showed that Russia has full of talented girls to be ready to represent their country, maybe bring back their glory days for the upcoming years. All the volleyball world is excited about Arinas development in upcoming years:super: I feel like has Sokolova has reincarnated in the body of Arina :lol::lol:

I don't think it is as complicated as you think. These players simply didn't want to play this tournament after such a long and tiring NT season

• What do u guys think the Netherlands chances are against Russia or Italy in the semifinal?

*In the case of Netherlands beating Sweden tomorrow*

They are for sure quite decent. Italy did not impress me today at least. Both Sylla and Pietrini are unreliable deluxe in reception and Egonu isnt in her best attack shape atm to compensate for this deficit. In case Netherlands serves aggressive/offensively and it works out well, this might constitute the x-factor that turns the game in their favour.

• Elena Pietrini ones again had great match with 56% in attack and overall 19points. Brava for her ones again :drink:

This is of course excellent, but Crovolley u have to admit performances of this sort are to be expected from a player like this against the reserve team of Belgium.

• Pietrini performance against Belgium was indeed expected, but it doesnt change the fact that Elena numbers in this ECH have been surprising. It is the first time her game looks more consistent and regular. She had showed Dr Jekyll - Mr Hyde performance during the last seasons with Scandicci, but now her game looks way more mature.

Her spike efficiency vs:

Belarus: 63%

Hungary: 59%

Slovakia: 45%

Croatia: 61%

Switzerland: 42%

She is the second best spiker just behind Boskovic (not counting MBs). Let's see if against Russia (the strongest team Italy will face so far), she could show the same performance.

• Doesn't TUR v POL come down to what color uniforms TUR wears? Or was that just about Naz?

• I like sitenoise, we need less of the apologising for trying to be funny and just go for it. You know light hearted is good even in a tight ass forum like this it's good to occasionally let go and just joke, make a flippant comment. We need more fun here. *Braces self and bites on the strap* =O

• Anyway what was i saying? ^^ ...sigh there is not even a proper laugh emoji here...

I can't wait for the poland game sooo exciting , but why do i put myself through this torture everytime , I can't eat or sleep for a week after when we lose, see south Korea for ref.

• I think we'll overcome a next level POL team, they have stepped up a tier in the last year or so in my humble opinion, prior i always welcomed them as opponents, soft belly easy come easy go, i knew we had win. But not anymore, I still feel they are not at our level yet, at least for this match. They haven't been able to integrate Stysiak and Smarzek on at same time, but more worryingly their MBs and well rest of squad has improved overall, Wolocz is a big loss, anyway they ares still transitioning, TR is more complete so i think we can take this. will go all out and say 3-1 TR.

• I think we'll overcome a next level POL team, they have stepped up a tier in the last year or so in my humble opinion, prior i always welcomed them as opponents, soft belly easy come easy go, i knew we had win. But not anymore, I still feel they are not at our level yet, at least for this match. They haven't been able to integrate Stysiak and Smarzek on at same time, but more worryingly their MBs and well rest of squad has improved overall, Wolocz is a big loss, anyway they ares still transitioning, TR is more complete so i think we can take this. will go all out and say 3-1 TR.

I don't think so, to be completely honest: we're still OPP-oriented team with good block-defense relation (we're 2nd in block points per set IIRC), but we lack any MB being a factor offensively, and our OHs are below average level for this competition with Górecka and Łukasik in low 30s in terms of spike percentage. So we won't get lower than QF of ECH with some acceptable level of play, but we're far away from being able to pull out some upset. In 19/20 we had Asia Wołosz, obviously, but also Mędrzyk (better than both Górecka and Łukasik) and Stysiak playing alongside Smarzek, and even if it didn't bring any success, it was clearly a better team than what we've seen so far this year.

IMHO, it is a contrary, Poland will become dangerous as soon as we find two OHs on some decent level. We're not there yet.

• Awesome appraisal/info Realista thank you, i came back to post and ask polish commenters what the score was, since my view of the Polish team is from a distance and i am not the most knowledgable volleyball follower. Great stuff, but i'll say this even from the outside , the most important thing is there is clear progression i see in Polish team, there are young players there, i think they are going in the right direction, cheer up, i am mentioning Stysiak seprately, is a future super star

• I don't think so, to be completely honest: we're still OPP-oriented team with good block-defense relation (we're 2nd in block points per set IIRC), but we lack any MB being a factor offensively, and our OHs are below average level for this competition with Górecka and Łukasik in low 30s in terms of spike percentage. So we won't get lower than QF of ECH with some acceptable level of play, but we're far away from being able to pull out some upset. In 19/20 we had Asia Wołosz, obviously, but also Mędrzyk (better than both Górecka and Łukasik) and Stysiak playing alongside Smarzek, and even if it didn't bring any success, it was clearly a better team than what we've seen so far this year.

IMHO, it is a contrary, Poland will become dangerous as soon as we find two OHs on some decent level. We're not there yet

now it would be great to have Stencel in team instead of Ziolkowska, as she is able to score many points in attack as MB and she should help to score points..its weird to see Efimienko spiking to help the team to score point, but on the other way she is doing quite well

• To bad Wolosz is not with Poland her amazing skills would put Poland on higher level with easier to score for OHs and they could build a confidence.
    With her they could won medal for sure.

I HOPE that many of you realize that Maja Ognjenovic is in the same position as Wolosz when it comes to NT performance. Maja is not playing anything better in NT than what Wolosz performance was, because She is missing high level player except Boskovic. Like Wolosz was missing whole time. And Maja is playing boring volleyball overall because She doesn’t have options.

And how much comments Wolosz got “She needs to play great outside Conegliano and to show good performance in NT to be called one of the best setters”.

• If Poland had the same team and shape as in OG qualifications I would bet my money on them today against Turkey. But since we have no Wolosz, Medrzyk and additionally Stysiak and Smarzek are far from their shape, I would say it will be easy 3-0 for Turkey,

This is totally different team now, basically with two 20-year old OHs and a 1st league setter with no experience. But let's see who will be playing next year. If Wolosz and Medrzyk come back (or maybe Kowalewska too) + Smarzek and Stysiak are back in shape + potentially Stencel and Wasilewska joining Poland might be really strong in WCH.

• Hello, has someone got good link for todays match pol-tur???

• I'm not able to watch quarter final match between the Netherlands and Sweden live:( Good luck to the Dutch team and I hope they get a chance to fight for a medal:heart:

• Hello, has someone got good link for todays match pol-tur???

or try strims.world if you are abroad

• hey

Someone also have problems with eurovolley tv?

I want to watch and it appears error