Brazil NT 2021

• I wouldn't be critical towards Sheila, in ideal world, she should have declined an invitation for a camp, but in reality, it's really hard to criticize a player that wants to play and represent her country when she's called up by a coach. The problem is she got invited although she doesn't deserve to be there both level- and potential-wise, and that's 100% on Ze, he's the one and only that should be bashed here. And again, in ideal world, Sheilla should be aware of how her presence is perceived and how her chances for making an impact realistically do look here, but again: in reality it's a coach's role to make a proper selection.

I agree! It is very unrealistic to expect a player to refuse an invitation to OG. It is such a unique opportunity for every single player, I am sure even Neslihan would accept it if she would be invited to NT this summer:lol:

• Sheila already won 2 out of 3.. for her OG isn't a "unique opportunity"... Being humble and realize that she isn't the same player as she was 7 years ago, that would be a unique opportunity, but we know that Sheila don't do humble here...

I agree that we should bash Ze... He says all year how important is to bring new faces to team, is simply the head coach of our own "Club Italia" and then he does that... It's nothing new, but it hurts, hurts a lot ;(

• Sheilla won't go to the OGs! I believe she will be cut.

• How Tandara must be feeling right now :gone:

At least Gamova was humble enough and knew her time was up in NT :whistle:

• Who are the other players called by Ze?

S: Macris, Roberta, Dani Lins

OPP: Tandara (also OH), Lorenne, Rosamaria (also OH), Sheilla

OH: Natália, Fernanda Garay, Ana Cristina

MB: Adenizia, Bia, Carol, Carol Gattaz, Mayany
    L: Camila Brait, Nyeme

This other 3 was invited to train with the team, all players from Zé Roberto's project:

OH: Karina

MB: Lorena, Diana

• I don’t want to cause a discussion and be out of topic but Gamova did not know her time was up, she had to due to other reasons :whistle:

Yes. And her time was already up in 2014 but she still joined the team to do absolutely nothing.

• Yes. And her time was already up in 2014 but she still joined the team to do absolutely nothing.

Sorry for the offtopic, but if I am not wrong, Gamova won WCCH in 2014, as well as she was awarded best OPP and MVP of the tournment. She was also the MVP of the Russia League that season. Without a single doubt, her performance in the WCH was mediocre and far from what she showed just some months ago, but her call to NT was justified cuz of her season. The critics towards her call werent cuz of her shape, but more towards killing the "new team spirit" Russia had gotten through and after ECH 2013 gold medal.

Sheilla's case is totally different. She is not even coming from an award in an amateur league. This is why her call to NT brings more critics (for me, not to her, but to Zè).

• Sorry for the offtopic, but if I am not wrong, Gamova won WCCH in 2014, as well as she was awarded best OPP and MVP of the tournment. She was also the MVP of the Russia League that season. Without a single doubt, her performance in the WCH was mediocre and far from what she showed just some months ago, but her call to NT was justified cuz of her season. The critics towards her call werent cuz of her shape, but more towards killing the "new team spirit" Russia had gotten through and after ECH 2013 gold medal.

Sheilla's case is totally different. She is not even coming from an award in an amateur league. This is why her call to NT brings more critics (for me, not to her, but to Zè).

Which IMO proves that her time in the NT was already up. I know it's different than Sheilla's case.

• IMO I really don't see any opposite besides Tandara being better than Sheilla.

If Brazil have a consistent opposite like Boskovic or Egonu, I would criticize the decision to include her but so far there are none.

Still... In my opinion, I don't think Sheilla will make the roster but her average form if she ever finds it is still better than Rosamaria or Lorenne. Remember she doesn't need to score a lot to make an impact which is something Rosamaria, Tandara and Lorenne have to do in order to be considered effective.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rosamaria, one of the best scorers in one of the most strong leagues in the world = :down:

Sheilla sucked in the US League = :cheesy:

That is true but setters from AU were terrible in my opinion. Ofcourse that doesn't mean anything when she also showed problems with Roberta and Macris.

I just don't think Rosamaria and Lorenne are going to be consistent in Brazil NT as we play more with the OHs rather than the opposite but I still think when Sheilla plays, Brazil plays more solid defensively. I still love how she covers the attackers flawlessly with her blocking. It's like a masterpiece for me.

I agree with you that her attack needs work but I still prefer Sheilla in many ways over them.

Anyway, I am afraid the MBs are going to be a bigger problem for Brazil than the opposite and with weaker MBs mean more production should come from the wings which could mean Sheilla may be cut because of this.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• She played with Macris and she sucked too. Macris isn’t a bad setter. And I completely disagree with you when you say Sheilla is more consistent because we can’t even judge this at this point since Sheilla is barely playing.

Season 15/16: benched whole season in Vakifbank. 2016: Sucked in the Grand Prix and OGs. Retired. Came back THREE YEARS LATER. Season 19/20: benched to Bruna, and when she was starter she sucked too. 2021: played in a league with an amateur format and did horrible - she can’t attack and she’s an OPPOSITE.

She barely played in the last 6 years, so how can you say she is more consistent? Consistent at benching? Consistent at retiring? I honestly can’t understand this at all.

• Which IMO proves that her time in the NT was already up. I know it's different than Sheilla's case.

I think she still has it that time. She was still playing well during 2015-2016 seasons. It's just that she came too late to train with NT in 2014 so she didn't get to be in good shape and in sync with the team hence, the disappointing performance in WCH. sorry for offtopic.

• She played with Macris and she sucked too. Macris isn’t a bad setter. And I completely disagree with you when you say Sheilla is more consistent because we can’t even judge this at this point since Sheilla is barely playing.

Season 15/16: benched whole season in Vakifbank. 2016: Sucked in the Grand Prix and OGs. Retired. Came back THREE YEARS LATER. Season 19/20: benched to Bruna, and when she was starter she sucked too. 2021: played in a league with an amateur format and did horrible - she can’t attack and she’s an OPPOSITE.

She barely played in the last 6 years, so how can you say she is more consistent? Consistent at benching? Consistent at retiring? I honestly can’t understand this at all.

Wow. I dont think that Sheilla deserves a call to nt right now but she was good in Gran Prix 2016. One of the bests when it matters the most.

• Still... In my opinion, I don't think Sheilla will make the roster but her average form if she ever finds it is still better than Rosamaria or Lorenne. Remember she doesn't need to score a lot to make an impact which is something Rosamaria, Tandara and Lorenne have to do in order to be considered effective.

What will Sheilla be doing then? Being a mascot on court?

• Wow. I dont think that Sheilla deserves a call to nt right now but she was good in Gran Prix 2016. One of the bests when it matters the most.

I said sucked before and that's not true. But I don't think she was good either. I remember that she was really bad when the competition started, but played okay in the finals. In that year, opponents often let her with single blocks, and only Natalia and Garay were being consistent in attack throughout the year. I couldn't find the stats though.

But in the same year, at the OGs, her efficiency in attack was 36.43%.