Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• After they said that Courtney is coming to Fenerbahce I wouldn't be so surprised afterall... Even though I do believe this is huge mistake if they let her go.

Ecz is building "young" team, I mean Robinson is not old but I don't what exactly young and old means for them :D

• After they said that Courtney is coming to Fenerbahce I wouldn't be so surprised afterall... Even though I do believe this is huge mistake if they let her go.

Ecz is building "young" team, I mean Robinson is not old but I don't what exactly young and old means for them :D

Well Kelsey is younger than Natalia and Kim :D

• Is their any rumors about Conegliano 4th OH ??

I think it could be one more foreign player, but I don't have any idea who could be. I hope for one defence OH with very good reception.

Vasileva probably wants to stay in Italy because of her boyfriend, their was rumor about her in Russia but that probably not gone happend...

Such a shame Geerties is leaving them:(She was just perfect for Conegliano system, stable reception and likes to attack fast sets.

They defenitly need a defensive outside hitter next to Hill, Sylla and Adams. But who?:/

I still believe Balkestein-Grothues can be usefull for them. She doesn't have to be a starter, but can come in to stabelize the reception. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen, because top level teams doesn't seem interested in her and I think she asks for a lot of salary...

• Such a shame Geerties is leaving them:(She was just perfect for Conegliano system, stable reception and likes to attack fast sets.

They defenitly need a defensive outside hitter next to Hill, Sylla and Adams. But who?:/

I still believe Balkestein-Grothues can be usefull for them. She doesn't have to be a starter, but can come in to stabelize the reception. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen, because top level teams doesn't seem interested in her and I think she asks for a lot of salary...

She is the first person who came to my mind :D

Geerties probably wants to be starter and playing full time so I'm not surprised.

• I dont think that a foreigner setter is the best option for them. I would prefer to have hired someone as Brenda Castillo.

it is officially confirmed that Masha Babeshina remains in Dinamo Moscow. Other than that, according to Karpol's interview, Tanya Romanova is likely to leave the team and join Dinamo Moscow, so in this case they will complete this position with local players (Babeshina and Romanova).

another rumor about Lera Safonova, who said in an interview that she has offers from Poland and Italy and as long as there is no offer from top clubs, she won't stay in Russia.

• Ana Cristina (16 yo and best OH from last u-18) its not going to change her citinzenship.

Seems like she is going to play for Volero.

• btw Courtney would be a good addiction to the ECZ as defensive OH. Hande, Thompson and Courtney.

• it is officially confirmed that Masha Babeshina remains in Dinamo Moscow. Other than that, according to Karpol's interview, Tanya Romanova is likely to leave the team and join Dinamo Moscow, so in this case they will complete this position with local players (Babeshina and Romanova).

another rumor about Lera Safonova, who said in an interview that she has offers from Poland and Italy and as long as there is no offer from top clubs, she won't stay in Russia.

Hope they hire a defensive OH.

• Samantha Seliger-Swenson from Beziers to Mullhouse?:( I really want to see her play in the German league!

Also anna Haak rumored to transfer to Mullhouse.

Indy Baijens on the other hand rumored to go from Mullhouse to Cannes.

https://block-out.fr/index.php…laf-transferts-2020-2021/

• Pomi Casalmaggiore wants either Plak or Havelkova is their outside hitter and Sloëtjes or Rosamaria as their opposite.

I'm wondering when Plak finally will realise she has to change her position to opposite permanently:wall:

https://www.sportmediaset.medi…no_17815232-202002a.shtml

• I feel like, with her current physique, Plak is stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the saying goes. On one hand she will probably never be even half-way good at reception and passing, but on the other, her current physique limits her physicality, and sets an unusually severe restriction for a professional athlete to how many times she can jump to spike in a game before getting very tired. That is something which is as obvious a drawback for Opp as the lack of any defensive technique is for OH.

• When Eczacibasi announced transfer of Saliha and Elif Sahin two years ago, it was said Saliha was to come to Eczacibasi the following year and Elif in 2 years. Saliha had only a handful of chances and weren’t real chances in Motta’s system. She was loaned to Sariyer which plays in second division, I don’t know how well she did. It looks like she is the next young talented player that is going to be ruined by Eczacibasi.

Elif is really really really really really bad. That’s all I am going to say about her. lol

• Absolutely agree, i just can not imagine her in USA super fast system. But my opinion is based just on few youtube highlights video from NCAA and one or two matches in Monza, maybe that is not enough to see her real ability.

Yeah, that fast system they run might just tire her out quickly. Maybe playing in Japan will help her adapt to speed, but in turn they'll probably cover for her passing.

• I feel like, with her current physique, Plak is stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the saying goes. On one hand she will probably never be even half-way good at reception and passing, but on the other, her current physique limits her physicality,and sets an unusually severe restriction for a professional athlete to how many times she can jump to spike in a game before getting very tired. That is something which is as obvious a drawback for Opp as the lack of any defensive technique is for OH.

what do you mean exactly by that?

• Oh come on, you know what I mean...both because it's obvious and because I recall us having this discussion before.:P

In completely open terms, the amount of fat on her thighs and gluteus maximus is dragging her down to earth too much whenever she jumps, which causes her to expand too much energy trying to stay in the air as long as it is needed to spike (among other reasons, this is why her spiking technique looks atrocious; possibly the least aesthetically pleasing spiking technique in volleyball right now). For each spike, she expands comparatively more energy than practically any other player, severely limiting her durability.

And no, it's not sexist to say that. Exactly the same logic would apply, in exactly the same mechanical way, to a male player.