Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• Britt Herbots

"I am already thinking the day I am playing in turkey we will have to bring everything down to 2 bags."

"ı mean just like maybe in the future ,we will see "

In the video at this link she says something like this around 2.35-2.50.

• So, despite all the efforts from someone, players still live Italy like the high school, while Turkey is their university.

I read an interview of Elisa Togut recently, she talked about many aspects related to volleyball, like the difficulties of starting a real job after a volleyball career at the age of 40. She also talked about the fact she could never win a championship, because she lived it as a wound of her carrer while playing, but now, as a retired player, staying outside the volleyball world, she feels really lucky to had the chance to compete during the golden age of the league, competing against 2 of the best teams ever, Bergamo and Sirio Perugia, and the level today is still lower than those years.

With all this said, I don't see Herbots as a player ready for Turkey.

• Today a great match

Novara against trento

Let's go trento

Also rooting for firenze

• So, despite all the efforts from someone, players still live Italy like the high school, while Turkey is their university.

I read an interview of Elisa Togut recently, she talked about many aspects related to volleyball, like the difficulties of starting a real job after a volleyball career at the age of 40. She also talked about the fact she could never win a championship, because she lived it as a wound of her carrer while playing, but now, as a retired player, staying outside the volleyball world, she feels really lucky to had the chance to compete during the golden age of the league, competing against 2 of the best teams ever, Bergamo and Sirio Perugia, and the level today is still lower than those years.

And still Italian league is better and stronger with many teams on similar level than in Turkish league :drink:

but I think the goal for most Elite players is to be able to have played in most leagues. So if she’s played in Italy for so long the next obvious step is to try the Turkish league. Plus we know she would make more money in Turkey which is also a goal of most players lol.

• It's okay she wants more money, but with her current level she's not ready for Turkey. I don't watch many games, because the league is very boring and low level this year, but I never get impressed by Herbots' performances. At this moment, she can't in any top team or mid-high level team. Nilufer and Yesilyurt maybe, but nothing more.

Anyway, I'm no one to prevent a girl to realize her dreams. If she wants Turkey, let's give her Turkey.

• It's okay she wants more money, but with her current level she's not ready for Turkey. I don't watch many games, because the league is very boring and low level this year, but I never get impressed by Herbots' performances. At this moment, she can't in any top team or mid-high level team. Nilufer and Yesilyurt maybe, but nothing more.

Anyway, I'm no one to prevent a girl to realize her dreams. If she wants Turkey, let's give her Turkey.

And Perugia would literally fight for 5th or 4th place in Turkish league, you are joke. :lol:

• Indeed! Turkey is about money

Nothing else. This year they have so much messy teams with very low level of volleyball. With few good individual player that are at least helping rise the game. As Olesia in Galatasaray.

• Yeah yeah we know Italy is the best league in the world. All 13 teams better than any team in the world. Volleyball only should be played in Italy bcz other teams in other countries are just messy. Blah blah blah.

You have no idea how teams have trouble finding economic support in Turkey and in other countries. I think you should just stop talking/comparing Turkish league/teams. JUST STOP. STOP.

• IMO Vakifbank, Eczacibasi, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, THY, Nilufer, Aydin > Perugia + Karayollari, Yesilyurt, PTT and even Sariyer and Kuzyboru are on similar level. So I think in Turkish league Perugia could at best fight for places 8-10.

There is a couple differences atm, Turkey has more teams in the league, Italy allows 1 more foreigner per team. f.e. Italy has a longer, established volleyball system with better coaches and managements than Turkey which wasn't historically always amongst the top volleyball nations.

Yea most of all of this is subjective but I think people will always compare the leagues which just means they are on a similar level at the end of they day lol. The Turkish league is a lot better than it was last year, which was its worst point imo, this year minus the two terrible teams (and one of them didn't have a choice because of the ban: BJK) the other 14 teams have at least good squads for their levels. The top 8 or so I would say is the best in last 5 years actually, we can thank the managements finally letting talented youngsters start as well. Last year Italy had the best league overall it seemed, this year I think they have the best team by far but I would see more Turkish teams as better opposition for them, it was the opposite last years with Italy. All in all, tough competition should be great for volleybal as a sport.

Turkey is not really just for the money, any top teams in any sports come with the money :D that's why it's a top team. I know that for many young players also in the U category it's a dream to be able to play in general. I hope we can start appreciating both leagues without diminishing the others soon.

• QPL, quit baiting crovolley with such comments.

Crovolley, call some other member a joke again, and you will be officially warned, with next breaking after that resulting in a week-long ban.

• QPL, quit baiting crovolley with such comments.

Crovolley, call some other member a joke again, and you will be officially warned, with next breaking after that resulting in a week-long ban.

Anyway, I'll do as you asked me, my dear Janko :win:

• It's a shame Beliën didn't wanted to sign with Busto Arsizio, because I believe she would have contributed much more to the team than Stevanovic. Both Stevanovic and Olivotto are just useless on court:gone: