Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Perhaps we can say that Haak is more agile, although even that is questionable, Egonu is such a monster.

• How do you compare haak today vs lonneke when she was starting with vakif? When you playing with guidetti you'll resch your potential. I hope that will happen to haak.

Haak seems to have such potentital. She is great. But so far, i see Lonneke on her first season in Vakifbank more dominant than her. After Zhu arrival things changed with Lonneke.

• I can say Lonneke performed better than Haak when she first came to Vakifbank. Lonneke was a beast before OG and maybe a year after. She was at her peak that time. However, I also can say that Haak has a higher potential and ceiling than Lonneke. Plus Haak is more athletic and fluid.

• Love this!

• Since I don't want to post only negative things, I forgot to mention about Koshe! What's up with her?! Did she drink from the Fountain of Youth (and from the Fountain of Defence Skills)? Can she tip Brankica as to it's location?:drink::lol:

I've loved Zehra since 2018, and she again showed her brilliance last night. Staking a claim as Eda's successor?

I love Eda since I saw her first time, playing for Besiktas. She was a young MB, scoring a lot with the amazing setter Arzu Gollu. They were playing in CL and she was scoring +20 points almost every match. I thought she would be an amazing player and she eventually did become an amazing player but there were some seasons where she was absent, some seasons it was due to injury and she was literally absent, some seasons it was wrong for her to stay in Fenerbahce . For example, she was an important asset for Fener when they won first Turkish Championship in 2009, she played as receiving MB and contributed a lot by scoring and receiving/defending a lot. Following season, with the arrival or Gamova and Osmocrovic she was reduced to a player that gets a set every once in a while.

Zehra on the other hand started her career fiercely and I hope she won’t be interrupted and achieve better things. ❤️

Ps. If couldn’t explain it very well, my comment above states that I love both players and expect Zehra to accomplish greater things with the help of a healthy body and non-fanatic mind.

• Eczacıbaşı announce that all athletes and technical staff were tested negative for the last COVID-19 testing.

• I love Eda since I saw her first time, playing for Besiktas. She was a young MB, scoring a lot with the amazing setter Arzu Gollu. They were playing in CL and she was scoring +20 points almost every match. I thought she would be an amazing player and she eventually did become an amazing player but there were some seasons where she was absent, some seasons it was due to injury and she was literally absent, some seasons it was wrong for her to stay in Fenerbahce . For example, she was an important asset for Fener when they won first Turkish Championship in 2009, she played as receiving MB and contributed a lot by scoring and receiving/defending a lot. Following season, with the arrival or Gamova and Osmocrovic she was reduced to a player that gets a set every once in a while.

Zehra on the other hand started her career fiercely and I hope she won’t be interrupted and achieve better things. ❤️

Ps. If couldn’t explain it very well, my comment above states that I love both players and expect Zehra to accomplish greater things with the help of a healthy body and non-fanatic mind.

There is just something magical about Eda. I love her as a player & as a leader of her teams.

• If you base your comparison of opposites on "athleticism", then I agree on all previous comments. However opposites are expected way more skills than just ahtleticism. In traditional volleyball, you would expect opposites to do the dirty work when it comes to attacking, mostly have to attack against OOS balls while middles and OHs are used when you get better receives. Vakifbank is an odd team in that sense, starting with Lönneke's arrival until now, they send good receives to opposites more frequently, while one of the OHs are forced to do the dirty work, before it was Zhu, now it is Michelle for example.

If I analyse Haak in detail, her athleticism and strength is there and she is clearly in world's top 3 in these elements. But her technical skills, precision and attacking OOS balls are nowhere close to her other skills. She mis-hits the ball quite often and in a recent interview she acknowledged that she is working on attacking OOS balls, finding new ways to attack as well as new angles to pass blocks. She is also not that good with tipping the ball.

But once again, she has great potential and she will only become better if she gets better in those negative elements.

• If you base your comparison of opposites on "athleticism", then I agree on all previous comments. However opposites are expected way more skills than just ahtleticism. In traditional volleyball, you would expect opposites to do the dirty work when it comes to attacking, mostly have to attack against OOS balls while middles and OHs are used when you get better receives. Vakifbank is an odd team in that sense, starting with Lönneke's arrival until now, they send good receives to opposites more frequently, while one of the OHs are forced to do the dirty work, before it was Zhu, now it is Michelle for example.

If I analyse Haak in detail, her athleticism and strength is there and she is clearly in world's top 3 in these elements. But her technical skills, precision and attacking OOS balls are nowhere close to her other skills. She mis-hits the ball quite often and in a recent interview she acknowledged that she is working on attacking OOS balls, finding new ways to attack as well as new angles to pass blocks. She is also not that good with tipping the ball.

But once again, she has great potential and she will only become better if she gets better in those negative elements.

Spot on. Maybe I'm completely off-base here, but I have been thinking of Haak as potentially better version of Goncharova for a year now. They are obviously not identical players, and she will have to keep improving to justify that, but it seems the will and the potential is there.

• I love Eda since I saw her first time, playing for Besiktas. She was a young MB, scoring a lot with the amazing setter Arzu Gollu. They were playing in CL and she was scoring +20 points almost every match. I thought she would be an amazing player and she eventually did become an amazing player but there were some seasons where she was absent, some seasons it was due to injury and she was literally absent, some seasons it was wrong for her to stay in Fenerbahce . For example, she was an important asset for Fener when they won first Turkish Championship in 2009, she played as receiving MB and contributed a lot by scoring and receiving/defending a lot. Following season, with the arrival or Gamova and Osmocrovic she was reduced to a player that gets a set every once in a while.

Don't worry, you've explained your point well. And I don't think anyone will argue that Eda was not a better player in her early 30s than in her mid-20s (not a very common situation in any sport, either male or female). Let us hope there won't be a dip in Zehra's coming years.:drink:

I agree with everything you said but I think the bolded part is a bit exaggerated. It's true that MBH is needed to help with OOS balls but I don't think it's like when Zhu was there because Haak still takes on a lot more than Sloetjes did. Many times Vakif have used the Gabi-Meliha duo where Haak is clearly needed to take most of the OOS balls and it has been fairly successful (for example against Fenerbahce). I do agree that it's a weakness of hers though and it's good to know she's working on it.

• It should be said that Naz also plays significantly better than last year, from game to game better and better. Very nice to see such a setter, like she is, in good shape.

• It should be said that Naz also plays significantly better than last year, from game to game better and better. Very nice to see such a setter, like she is, in good shape.

Im thinking if Guidetti will try to get her in the case that maja would retire next year. I think he trusts Naz more than Cansu

• Although it is noticeable that Brankica is finally slowly (honestly too slowly) getting back in shape, which can be said to be good news for Fener, Fenerbahce has a new problem, namely if someone watches the game it is noticeable that Vargas does not hit the ball with full power, reason is shoulder pain that she feels, the recordings do not indicate any specific anomalies, and the cause of the pain is not known, which can be a problem if it becomes a chronic problem (this is actually news from the commentator, not my free conclusion).

As for Vargas and the Serbian NT, it seems that it was a story of deaf phones, it remains for now on the expectations of the Serbian side and that interview Vargas, as Jaglicic said (journalist and commentator of the Sport Klub) we will see.

Terzic does not lead the team, because upon his return from Serbia (due to private obligations), he was obliged to be in some quarantine or whatever, since I see that he is in the arena behind the court.

• Im thinking if Guidetti will try to get her in the case that maja would retire next year. I think he trusts Naz more than Cansu

About Maja retiring, TBH i think that even she doesn't know anything, actually she said that she want to win CEV CL and that she want to end her NT career with the gold and that if they don't win gold next year she will not be lazy to play one more season, when we add that she play really amazing in Vakif, and honestly she looks like that she really enjoy in Vakif and that Vakif and Gui respxt

her a lot, so IMO i expect that she will stay at least one more season in Vakif, but we will see.

Agree about Gui and trust in Naz more than Cansu, and to exclude Maja, it would be great for Vakif to enlist Naz again, they will be able to play with the same roster (with potentialy just one variation on middle or OH) full time, but if the story about Acibadem and Fener is true, i doubt that they will let Naz to go.

• Im thinking if Guidetti will try to get her in the case that maja would retire next year. I think he trusts Naz more than Cansu

IMO next season it’s time for Cansu to step up to be the regular starter of Vakif. Both she and Naz are just too good to sit on the bench of one of the big 3 teams of the league.