2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• Is there a possibility to make some changes inside the squad during the tournament, or do they have to play all 15 matches with the same 14 players?

I think they're still figuring the roster part out.

Since it is a bubble are players allowed to come in and out per week? Or will they have wide rosters (21 players?) arrive all at the same time.

No way will 14 players be playing all of the 15 matches. If they are then teams will likely send a mix of players, some veterans plus ones they're still deciding on bringing to the Tokyo and maybe youth?

• Imagine traveling to Italy, then going back home and then going to Japan after a few weeks lol all that in the middle of a pandemic.

I keep wondering if Brazil will be able to play at the VNL or even the Olympics without massive vaccination.

• Imagine traveling to Italy, then going back home and then going to Japan after a few weeks lol all that in the middle of a pandemic.

I keep wondering if Brazil will be able to play at the VNL or even the Olympics without massive vaccination.

the IOC stated yesterday they're getting as many vaccines as they can (while purchasing 1 or 2 each for other countries to use for their citizens) so they could be vaccinated

https://olympics.nbcsports.com…ics-coronavirus-vaccines/

• Will teams have to arrive 2 weeks ahead of the tournament for quarantine or will a negative test do?

I hope VNL happens safely because if there is even just one case of Covid then that'll just shut down the whole tournament. No way can a team recover and make up for missed matches later on.

• the IOC stated yesterday they're getting as many vaccines as they can (while purchasing 1 or 2 each for other countries to use for their citizens) so they could be vaccinated

https://olympics.nbcsports.com…ics-coronavirus-vaccines/

Oh Lord:gone::gone::gone::gone::gone::gone:

• At least they should reduce the number of matches. 15-17 matches in 28 days is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in my life.

• Yeah it's crazy. They should at the very least make 2 pools and have the best 2 of each pool go to finals instead of all the matches

even if it is really questioned,what fivb do is right

The formula you suggest is like old grand prix

Some countries play with rivals by drawing or Idk the order maybe ranking and some have easier path to the others

With this new formula fivb creates equality making the teams face each others and best advancing and well deserved

• even if it is really questioned,what fivb do is right

Some countries play with rivals by drawing or Idk the order maybe ranking and some have easier path to the others

With this new formula fivb creates equality making the teams face each others and best advancing and well deserved

I understand the formula, but given the circumstances they could make an exception for this year. 16-17 games in 28 days it's not sustainable.

• even if it is really questioned,what fivb do is right

Why should this matter now when essentially there are only four teams that can advance thereby creating a smaller margin of error of the best teams making the next round?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• According to Polish press each team will have 25 places for players and staff.

If that’s true, is ridiculous.

So if is that,onky 18 players will be allowed

• For sure most countries will send their team B/C for VNL specially those who will be playing in tokyo. I don't even see china bringing their strong squad there just to be scouted. But, those teams who haven't been playing and practicing as a team will probably play by end of seasons like USA.

• They are going to have to have more than one location. NBA and MLS had multiple gyms and fields for their bubbles. With 16 teams, you will have eight matches a day. You can’t have 8 matches in one gym unless you are playing 3 sets. It will be 4 matches at most in one venue a day.

Right now Rimini is hosting the semifinals and finals for the Italian Cup for women.

• They are going to have to have more than one location. NBA and MLS had multiple gyms and fields for their bubbles. With 16 teams, you will have eight matches a day. You can’t have 8 matches in one gym unless you are playing 3 sets. It will be 4 matches at most in one venue a day.

Right now Rimini is hosting the semifinals and finals for the Italian Cup for women.

I expect not all teams will be playing on the same day, I suppose there'll be 3-4 matches every day and teams will play every 2nd day average, some maybe two days in a row and then two days off, however the schedule will work out. But since men's tournament is in the same city I guess each gender will play in one hall.

• This is how the schedule will work Women first for 3 days May 25-27, they get three days off 28-30. Men play on those three days 28-30. Women come back 31-June 2. Men off those three days. Continuing to the end of play for the men. Women play semifinals on June 24 and medals June 25, men 26-27.

So teams will be pooled for those matches rotating each of the three days like normal.