Politics and social issues

• When will Egonu (Nigerian origin) or Antropova (naturalized) play for italian NT?

For comments like this one, the subtle racism players like Egonu has to experience is still latent. Even if we want to troll back meaningless users (when the best would be to simple ignore, cuz we know those users are only looking for attention they dont get at home), we shall get our facts straight, gosh, seriously.

Vargas is completelely not comparable to Egonu, 0%, at all. Costagrande and Aguero cases are the ones who could be used instead.

Likewise, Antropova is not comparable. Her case is like Sorokaite's one. These are 3 totally different scenarios.

As someone alread wrote: it is like comparing orange with apples.

• For comments like this one, the subtle racism players like Egonu has to experience is still latent. Even if we want to troll back meaningless users (when the best would be to simple ignore, cuz we know those users are only looking for attention they dont get at home), we shall get our facts straight, gosh, seriously.

Vargas is completelely not comparable to Egonu, 0%, at all. Costagrande and Aguero cases are the ones who could be used instead.

Likewise, Antropova is not comparable. Her case is like Sorokaite's one. These are 3 totally different scenarios.

Subtle? That's outright racism.

• For comments like this one, the subtle racism players like Egonu has to experience is still latent. Even if we want to troll back meaningless users (when the best would be to simple ignore, cuz we know those users are only looking for attention they dont get at home), we shall get our facts straight, gosh, seriously.

Exactly. Antropova even speaks the language and has adapted to the culture. She wants to play for ITA out of gratitude for where she feels learnet the most vball from. No one can question that

• exactly. either of them can be worse or better depending on the caliber of the teammates that surrounds them and their opponents. it's not like the skill gap is huge. Akimova really has more chances in the OPP position in Italy than in Russia.

Not really. Akimova is rn the best Russian prospects to replace Goncharova, who is approaching retirement.

To be Antropova has the upper leg in terms of serve and block. In attack they seem almost equal. But we have next club season to see how both develop

• I have already said I should have mentioned aguero or osmany there, why you keep post same thing? In the excitement of that moment, I used Egonu's name to make fun of with that user.

My logic was to show that putting info such as "naturalized" in parentheses is unnecessary

• I have already said I should have mentioned aguero or osmany there, why you keep post same thing? In the excitement of that moment, I used Egonu's name to make fun of with that user.

My logic was to show that putting info such as "naturalized" in parentheses is unnecessary

What's even more frightening is that Egonu was the first person you thought of when referring to naturalized players. That's called racism.

• What's even more frightening is that Egonu was the first person you thought of when referring to naturalized players. That's called racism.

If he wrote "she is not Italian" you were right, but he has mentioned Egonu's Nigerian background (which she proudly represents). I can only admit it is a wrong example which also MTS admitted.

In fact, what you are doing is exactly what racism is, trying to overlook her background. Go and do your research!

• If he wrote "she is not Italian" you were right, but he has mentioned Egonu's Nigerian background (which she proudly represents). I can only admit it is a wrong example which also MTS admitted.

In fact, what you are doing is exactly what racism is, trying to overlook her background. Go and do your research!

If you cant see why your fellow Turkish did is racist and you mighy have the same bias as they do unfortunately.

You both should go and educate yourselves.

• If he wrote "she is not Italian" you were right, but he has mentioned Egonu's Nigerian background (which she proudly represents). I can only admit it is a wrong example which also MTS admitted.

And using the youre denying Paola's origins as an excuse to make up for what your compatriot did is besides me.

• Omg! About when will people stop mentioning Vargas in a mean way? After all, you guys should be thankful to Turkey or Serbia (for the attempt) for making her play in a NT so that you get a chance to watch her during summers and she clearly increases the quality of VNL so far.

Btw, congrats to Poland! Looks like Lavarini built a good system and it is working. What I didnt like is, Rozanski looking sour when she was subbed, when it was her turn to serve. Fedusio did a great job during those substitutions.

On Turkey's side, it feels like Santarelli is experimenting still and testing the players. The system with Ebrar as OH failed so far. Lets see if he will insist on this line up and try to stabilize it or if he will go back to stable receiving line up. I think we will see his plans better during finals of VNL, where there is no option to experiment and lose anymore.

• Omg! About when will people stop mentioning Vargas in a mean way? After all, you guys should be thankful to Turkey or Serbia (for the attempt) for making her play in a NT so that you get a chance to watch her during summers and she clearly increases the quality of VNL so far.

Btw, congrats to Poland! Looks like Lavarini built a good system and it is working. What I didnt like is, Rozanski looking sour when she was subbed, when it was her turn to serve. Fedusio did a great job during those substitutions.

On Turkey's side, it feels like Santarelli is experimenting still and testing the players. The system with Ebrar as OH failed so far. Lets see if he will insist on this line up and try to stabilize it or if he will go back to stable receiving line up. I think we will see his plans better during finals of VNL, where there is no option to experiment and lose anymore.

It was one person mentioning her and then this Turkish person brought up Egonu to the table when its completely unrelated.

I'm also glad for Poland. This would make the OG qualifiers much more interesting.

• I am really becoming a fan of Rozansky (French-born) in Polish NT.

From now on, I will give a fact about every player I mention in parantheses :rose:

You could find better example 😝 like Leon?

Olivia has Polish parents (both played volleyball in France) and for some time of her life she was living in France, I think it’s not forbidden to be born abroad. The same story with Polish setter Fabian Drzyzga whom father was playing in France then.

Anyway these background conversations are showing some kind of weakness. We don’t sit in a player head, everyone have a choice and can play for whoever they want.

• For me, anyone who is born in a country, grows up, lives there, goes to school there and carries on his life according to its rules, regardless of his race or origin, must have citizenship and have the honor and the duty to represent it...

Frankly, I don't give a damn discussing the reasons that have led any person or athlete to change nationality...

Some have done it for money, some for love, some for political convictions: simple life and the all sports are full of them...

The thing is rightly regulated to avoid that there are those who build a business on it and as long as it stays within the rules it's ok for me ...

But I realize that for some racist or frustrated nationalist, this can be "annoying" and always take the opportunity to try to get the discussion into his rails and try to plead his case ...

I must say that you are all here always very good at not falling into the trap and staying on track: applause for you...

Happy volleyball everyone!!!

• You could find better example 😝 like Leon?

Olivia has Polish parents (both played volleyball in France) and for some time of her life she was living in France, I think it’s not forbidden to be born abroad. The same story with Polish setter Fabian Drzyzga whom father was playing in France then.

Anyway these background conversations are showing some kind of weakness. We don’t sit in a player head, everyone have a choice and can play for whoever they want.

Yeap but these people are so sensitive when it comes to their own naturalized players. Its almost like they feel its something wrong that their country have one or two.

I for once am glad to see Vargas in the NT season. I've followed her careers since she was 13 yo and admired everything she overcame.

• Rules like what? Tell me these rules. There is no rule to prevent it.

It is a different thing when you are brought up in another country. You are a citizen of this country then.

But when you are over 20 years old and did play Cuban NT in the past and get offers from Turkey and Serbia to naturalize you then it has MONEY written all over it.

And I don’t care which country it is or is it Vargas, Leon, Leal or whatever.

If they could play for Cuba they would do it. They left because they want to play other leagues not because they love other country so much.

Only one per country is allowed. It's not much different from some local talent moving abroad to a country with better opportunities just for the sake of migration. It's not illegal lol. But you can't build a team off of that so.

Also to others: saying Antropova is not the same case is a stretch imo, she is, Alexia is the same as Antropova but still it's the same for me as Vargas as well. Considering both of them could make the team in the same way.

Egonu certainly isn't similar to them though. It seems she is more similar to Rozanski but if she would play for France. Which imo makes more sense then her playing for Poland as well going by our common logic of forgetting roots here.

• I second that 👏

• These type of naturalization of players (not born, grow up there) take away opportunities from natural born subjects to represent their country. These naturalized players are potential or cream of the crop to be given citizenship. It is like vote buying. It is absolutely ok for these naturalized players to play in international clubs but not national team representative.