CEV Champions League 2022

• Ahhh I could watch just the 1st set before I had to leave. I just finished watching the match now and I was so surprised to see a 3-0 advantage for Fenerbache 8| Despite losing the game Gizem was the MVP of today's match imo. She was everywhere in defense and took a huuuge part in reception and covered for Arina a lot. Gabi was great from set 3 onwards but wasn't very good in the first two sets. Compared to the previous match I think Vargas had a bigger impact today, as well as the MB's of Fenerbache. Haak seemed off (again) today, I'm wondering what's going on with her

Looking forward to the finals, I think Conegliano will crush Vakifbank if they dare to play like today's first two sets again. But the good thing is that Club World champs taught us the winner is unpredictable :cup:

• Gabi wasnt great today. In fact played beloe her standards. But 18 pointer 48% on Attack and 67% on reception.

Really? I think these are high numbers for anyone including her especially if you consider the disaster in the first set. I wouldn't say this is below her standards. We have to see the context.

• Gizem had a fantastic match and despite Fenerbahçe's defeat, I am positively surprised by her game and I think it is a good forecast for the most important part of the season:super: Congratulations to VakıfBank:heart:

• Really? I think these are high numbers for anyone including her especially if you consider the disaster in the first set. I wouldn't say this is below her standards. We have to see the context.

The stats aré great. She Just make a game with some sets off Full of ups and downs. Só she was below her standards for this.

• Guidetti should really swallow his pride and invite gizem back to NT. Simge is not having a great season, gizem is the most solid receiver libero in the league.

I think Haak's performance drop is due to lack of motivation. She knows that she is being replaced. It can take a toll on someone mentally

• The rankings for CEV competitions 2023 are out, with Russia still in (will be likely removed again in short time), here the CEV made an improvement by reduction of eligible leagues and gave now two to VBL/Germany as fixed berths:

1. Italy 3

2. Turkey 3

3. (Russia) 3

4. Poland 2

5. France 2

6. Germany 2

7. Romania 1

8. Bulgaria 1

9. Ukraine (?) 1

Regarding Ukraine: they had to abort the season due to the war, if they can resume playing, the two contenders there for this spot are Prometey Kamienske Dnjepro and Yuchny Khimik (Oblast Odessa), with both it isn't clear, if they can participate of course.

The full rankings are here: https://inside.cev.eu/media/2b…ocation-final-updated.pdf

• good germany have 2 berths but imo france should only have one

• Regarding Ukraine: they had to abort the season due to the war, if they can resume playing, the two contenders there for this spot are Prometey Kamienske Dnjepro and Yuchny Khimik (Oblast Odessa), with both it isn't clear, if they can participate of course.

Prometey won't participate. The team has been closed.

• I like new allocation strategy that all small countries will play qualification rounds.

I hope Russian slots will be given to turkey Italy and Poland in case that sanctions will go on

• what a joke the cev fan vote

Besided gabi and zehra the rest is so fan vote irrational

• I have collected the current state of (likely) CL pool stage participants, there are several uncertainties mainly due to the Ukraine war:

Italy: Conegliano (league round winner and final series participant), Novara, Monza (second and third best team or vice versa, regardless how the semis will now end)

Turkey: VakifBank, Fenerbahce and the winner of the place 3 finals (Eczacibasi or THY)

Russia: likely no one... banned

Poland: the two finalists Chemik Police and Rzeszow

France: the two finalists Volero Le Cannet and ASPTT Mulhouse

Germany: the two finalists Stuttgart and Potsdam

Romania: likely no one, because champion Alba Blaj didn't participate once in the last years and second best team Targoviste is not eligible to replace them (if you have other informations: write it!)

Bulgaria: Maritza Plovdiv (champion)

Ukraine: if it would be possible, which seems unlikely, likely Khimik Yuzhny (oblast Odessa!) would be nominated as in former times (because Prometey disintegrated it seems)

Replacement candidates: czech championship is not yet finished, first in the list (Prostejov or KP Brno); Hungary: also not yet finished, Bekescsabai or Vasas Budapest; Finnish champion Pölkky Kuusamo and Slowenian champion Calcit Kamnik - the leagues below are such weak, they will not deliver relevant teams anyway.