2024 Paris Olympic Games

• Poland did a great job under the new management and president of the union. The men's team began to dominate in the world, and this is not surprising, but the results of the women's team, which certainly has much less potential than Italy, have also improved significantly. However, there is a good coach and the best players play in the national team. In Italy it is the other way around. I think with the 2022 squad. Italy would be the clear favorite from the squad from last World Champ.

• If Germany beats USA 3-0/3-1, and Italy - Poland go 5, the latter can both qualify right?

in that scenario, Poland would need just one set to advance

• I'm excited and nervous for tomorrow, it will surely go like:

- DOM wins at least 2 sets in a dramatic 30+ set score, and qualify;

- Japan will win 3-2 because of home crowd and more pressure from world ranking position. Brazil will be sad at first but quickly realise they'll get the confederation spot anyway next year

- Germany will give one last fight and beat USA, so Italy and Poland qualify!

- We will be satisfied with a last day of exciting matches and us Dutch fans will have nightmares about their match vs Canada :rolll:

• Kastner shouting against Lubian after blocking her had just one consequence: waking Italy up in the third set.

Lubian went to the service line angry as hell :lol:

(and Heynen complaining for her b*tchy look after the point was quite ridiculous considering what her setter had just done)

• Kastner shouting against Lubian after blocking her had just one consequence: waking Italy up in the third set.

(and Heynen complaining for her b*tchy look after the point was quite ridiculous considering what her setter had just done)

My favourite camera shot was Weitzel smiling/laughing when Heynen was on his tirade in the background :rolll:

I’m not sure if Kastner was shouting over the net though. She looked to be surprised and shocked by the monster block in some way

• Do you guys think drewniok's comeback was any positive addition to the team? I was expecting way more from her considering her more than decent performance last season in turkey. I can imagine she missed most of the prep time with the team this summer but let's be honest opposite position is the easiest one to adjust in such last minute changes compared to other positions so I definitely expected more from her.

And stigrot was brilliant overall this season, I hope she can keep this shape during club season too

• Do you guys think drewniok's comeback was any positive addition to the team? I was expecting way more from her considering her more than decent performance last season in turkey. I can imagine she missed most of the prep time with the team this summer but let's be honest opposite position is the easiest one to adjust in such last minute changes compared to other positions so I definitely expected more from her.

And stigrot was brilliant overall this season, I hope she can keep this shape during club season too

has this exact same thought. She was very solid in Turkish league but didn’t do anything for Germany here really

• Guys all summer she didn’t practice.

She came back with the team (unprepared) she had 1-2 good games and that was it.

She run out of power.

In general she is a very good player, but if you are unprepared it just can’t work.

Check Fabris with Croatia,same thing.

Not true, she was already practicing with her club

She was not in the right phase of preparation for this tournament, because preparation was solely centered to the club season, this came too early for her.

• If I'm for Japan, should I root for DOM or NED in this match? Or does it not matter? Love them both so it's cool either way