2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• i accidentally fell asleep for 30 minutes after the first set if that helps lol

You did not have to murder them like that :rolll:

looking at the scores should be enough lol reception was messy, no one could score, setting was a problem (she set someone on japan's side once), etc

Looking at the scores definitely told me bad things happened, but I didn't know how bad :what:

Most importantly... unforced errors. I think Korea had at least 75 of those this match.

75 is absolutely killer :gone: (Edit: Yes I know it's a joke :wavy:)

So safe to say that while Japan did well, it was also Korea that was weak? Let's see how Japan fares against the other teams later :/

• 75 errors in 3 sets thats like 25 free points to the other team PER SET. 😭

Of course she was joking, genius. they had 'only' 19 unforced erros

• I had missed Stevanovic's slides:love:

• Does blue have any cultural meaning? For instance, turkey sometimes use turquoise color since it is known to be Turkish color

FIVB requires three colors options for the uniform, one being white, one being dark (blue or black usually) and then any other color.

Italy goes blue (azzuri), dark blue and white.

Poland has usually been black or dark blue.

China is always, red, but varies between yellow, white, dark blue and black for the other two.

• And one more thing I would like to ask all the volleyball fans in the USA, the Olympic champions and home country.

If you can only attract 300 people, don't hold the event.

we've already discussed this... USA Volleyball doesnt want spectators.... they took the bid out in the middle of no where.

there were 19,000 people attending the NCAA final

Nationwide-Arena-Michael-Gomez.jpg

I will say the following.

Americans play volleyball, club, high school, college. The sport is growing, but there is a difference from following you local team versus the national team. Many Americans do not realize that this is an annual sport for the national team with VNL, let alone continental championships, world championships. Last year the national team got a lot of press because of their first gold medal. Which was good.

Americans do like this sport, but USA Volleyball kind of screwed itself because they put the Open Club tournament on at the same time in Orlando. USAV is not the biggest organization, so they basically did not have a ton of resources available for the VNL event. Yes, many people in the organization are tied to the national team, but when Shreveport basically said we’ll pay, USAV said yes.

realistically the VNL should be played in California (LA or Bay Area) due to large bases of diverse populations, Japan, Korea, Brazil and ease for teams to go elsewhere by airplane. Let alone experience with the sport in those areas. Minneapolis, Chicago would work as well.

they tried Lincoln, Nebraska in the first VNL year, but I would have said that the crowd was more Nebraska focused than USA focused due to the home of Nebraska volleyball being there, plus with numerous Husker players on the team.

one challenge that USAV will have in planning is that some decent venues in these potential host cities are tied to NBA or NHL teams, and with playoff series, that are potentially not available as the arenas would be used by their primary tenants. As the teams get eliminated then things become open, but FIVB/VBW probably want venues locked in six months in advance for travel of staff/referees/teams/broadcasters etc.

• Who is this ref anyway? I don't remember seeing her before

• Is Zelenovic next big thing from Serbia?

I don't think so. She is so clumsy, but can develop to decent level, she is just 17(18 soon).