2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• To be honest, bench players doing a dance or cheering routine as a celebration when your team wins a point is not disrespectful. I see teams in the Japanese V League doing it a lot when they score a point, and each routine is different depending on who scores, yet it's always done in the spirit of good fun, playfulness, and sportmanship. It's never done obnoxiously or arrogantly or directed at the other team to taunt or mock the other team, regardless of who was winning or losing.

I didn't see videos of the US players dancing or celebrating during the Brazil match, but I don't think they went up to the other team and purposely did a celebratory dance to mock them, did they? If it was just done by the sidelines, at their bench, and for the sake of being happy for their teammates who scored, then it's not rude or disrespectful or offensive.

Unless you're a sore loser, then you'll be triggered by anything

Instead, it would be more reasonable to consider players who purposely stand at the net, facing the opponent, and celebrate excessively or do some inappropriate gestures as lacking sportsmanship instead.

• I don't think the dancing celebrations by USA is offensive. It's not like they're doing it to the opponent's faces. They're celebrating amongst themselves. Heck, they're not even in the court to begin with. I'm not even sure if the opposing team sees the dancing. If there was no camera, we probably wouldn't even see it.

I mean I coached a high school for the deaf volleyball team for two years. I wanted to yell at the other high schools, can you try to do this while being quiet. My girls can’t hear you do the “ace” stamp that your entire team does. So our team only really did it on the court, but in a circle after a point.

At the top level, they are not doing it on the court, it doesn’t matter. If they are pointing at each other through the net, whole different story.

• Hasnt team USA’s bench been dancing all this time? This is not something new?

I mean yes, and always was and still is so annoying to me, but far from disrespectful.

• When did dancing become so disrespectful? :aww: Its a minor celebration, not a big deal. Its not even obvious unless the camera is panned on the team doing it. It does not disrupt the flow of the game unlike booing. Booing from the stands is the one that is disrespectful.

IMO booing is something normal for the audiênce. There is differents point of views on the world. But the USA players arént doing anything ilegal.

• How nice to look at the Thailand game :heart:

• Didn't Poland also let a game be played in a stadium? It was a male game if I remember right, maybe WCH final?🤔

Considering the recent popularity of volleyball, I think it is not a bad idea, I can imagine it will be sold out!

It was opening of WCH 2014 and roof was closed then - the stadium has this possibility to close the roof.