2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Brazil or Italy seems most likely to me. Turkiye will probably have a meltdown vs Egonu

I meant for the dream team. Sorry I should have been more specific

• really hoping for another miracle for Serbia. That was such an amazing win. Who woulda thought they could do it without Tica. Some People need to start respecting them more as a team and not just Bošković and some scrubs

• what is even going on here

but yes send zehra cansu ebrar eda and baladin all to brazil, people would go apeshit insane

in all seriousness tho, aside from snarky bantering that goes on here and not considering toxic social media behavior, irl there's nothing but love for every athlete. taking from what i see in brazil, even if we boo the opposing team during matches, once they're over fans always treat foreign players with the utmost respect and passion. the amount of people posting pics with the turkish and italian players here a few weeks ago was enourmous

• Thanks for the explanation. I'm used to opposite attacking from zone 4 for one rotation while outside is covering setter at zone 2. Is it something we started to do recently? I don't remember such formation before 🤔 this is to prevent Ebrar to attack from zone 4? She is indeed not worse attacker from zone 4 than 2

It's very common these days actually, many teams are doing it. I think USA started it several years ago when they had Murphy and Lowe as OPPs to avoid them as lefties having to attack from pos.4, but nowadays it's nothing unusual. Vakifbank did it, Italy does it too, many teams do...

• Who are y’all’s predictions for all tournament team Now that we know the semi Finalists ?

Turkiye vs Italy: I see Turkiye winning this one. Italy's potential is higher but they are not at their best yet where as Turkiye is much more stable at the moment. It'd be a close fight.

Brazil vs Serbia: Serbia has been amazing against USA but I don't see them making an upset again specially when Brazil is playing well. Sure, anything is possible but the Brazilians would surely take advantage now that the biggest torn on their side USA has been eliminated.

My prediction: Brazil will win this tournament.

• Egonu and Carol are locked.. the rest are up for grabs.. I would vote for Pogany as best libero, but I don't know if it's possible

• really hoping for another miracle for Serbia. That was such an amazing win. Who woulda thought they could do it without Tica. Some People need to start respecting them more as a team and not just Bošković and some scrubs

That's the problem with hero ball. Serbia seem like a completely different team now. And I think Boskco has the temperament and character to step right into this new world wonderfully

• For the record, Turkey lies in both continents and the Middle East is not an official geographic term but a political one. If you want to be geographically accurate.

So was it or was it not wrong to call Turkey "Europe" since half of it lies in Europe/Asia? genuinely curious haha, though I know you choose not to group it together

Geopolitical term... perhaps a term some may dislike using but many do use it in general to describe a particular geographic area

(okay stopping here to end the OT!!!)

If Gabi plays up to her usual standards then Brazil:rose:

Who will stand out between Errorgonu and lazyEbrar!!! :wavy: and will Serbia surprise again as a team?

• That's the problem with hero ball. Serbia seem like a completely different team now. And I think Boskco has the temperament and character to step right into this new world wonderfully

their on court energy is so much more positive. Santarelli is amazing. I hope they maintain some level of balance when Tica comes back. They are capable. But yes obviously when things get tight at the end of sets it will be Bosko ball

• I knew this young Thailand team would be good, but never expected such growth in the VNLs especially - reaching even quarterfinals!!

Looking forward to them in AVCs and WCHs coming up, hope they continue improving and let us watch fun team volleyball

Like everyone else mentioned, the only team really playing combination plays at the moment (truly, why was this stopped? bring it back!!)

• The dream team depends on the final ranking. For now, I think it would be:

Cansu or Macris/Egonu

Gabi/Caterina or Baladin

Gunes/Carol

DeGennaro

Everything would change if Serbia goes to the final, which is a real possibility.

• Is it something we started to do recently? I don't remember such formation before 🤔 this is to prevent Ebrar to attack from zone 4? She is indeed not worse attacker from zone 4 than 2

I guess the data showed that rot 1 hitting % while ebrar hits from pos 4 is low and they tried this "american" thing. They've been trying for last 2 years sometimes.

• It's very common these days actually, many teams are doing it. I think USA started it several years ago when they had Murphy and Lowe as OPPs to avoid them as lefties having to attack from pos.4, but nowadays it's nothing unusual. Vakifbank did it, Italy does it too, many teams do...

(I'm too young to actually know this but this is what i read) Kiraly's team in Italy was playing like that in the early 90s, I guess that was his inspiration lol

• So was it or was it not wrong to call Turkey "Europe" since half of it lies in Europe/Asia? genuinely curious haha, though I know you choose not to group it together

Geopolitical term... perhaps a term some may dislike using but many do use it in general to describe a particular geographic area

(okay stopping here to end the OT!!!)

cause many people are ignorant and xenophobic.

• Egonu and Carol are locked.. the rest are up for grabs.. I would vote for Pogany as best libero, but I don't know if it's possible

Let's give it to Kojima if it's possible. Poor girl got smacked all over the court in honor of Japan and she's so tiny :obey::dance4:so cute and tiny:S

• Serbia male and Perugia male used to do the same thing with Atana but I don't know about nowadays since I haven't seen him play lately.

• Candidates from Serbia would be Aleksic, Lozo, and maybe Pusic for the dream team

• Candidates from Serbia would be Aleksic, Lozo, and maybe Pusic for the dream team

I was thinking about Pusic but they normally just give the best L award to DeGennaro no matter what lol