Japan Women's NT 2022

• Tomoya Satozaki a retired baseball player who was also a former member of the national team did a feature with Maiko Kano and they talked about players salaries. The article didn't talk about it in depth. I don't know if they discussed it thoroughly in the youtube video the autosubs didn't help even a little bit to understand anything.

Anyway

The business team to which Kano belonged, she said, "We don't do company work at all. I trained and played volleyball all day long." She also revealed that since she joined the team right after graduating from high school, her salary did not even reach 200,000 yen which was the salary of a high school graduate in their first year.

"There were no bonuses, and it was decided how much you would be paid if you won a championship. and special allowances such as victory pay were not available for my team although some teams have them" Kano confessed. The amount of prize money awarded for winning varied from team to team, and when Mr. Satosaki asked, "Is there a pay range for that? Kano replied, "Yes, there is. I wasn't a top player at all, so I didn't get that much," she said, but she was paid more than the standard pay if she had played for the national team. Satosaki then asked if there was a "Japan allowance" for the national team, to which Kano replied, "In a way, the money from the association is like a daily allowance."

Mr. Satozaki revealed that when he was selected for the national team, his daily allowance was "something like 50,000 yen per day" to which Ms. Kano responded in shock "That's high" Kano replied, "At that time, it was very cheap, like 6,000 yen, wasn't it? Kano laughed at the difference between the two Japanese representatives, even though they were competing in different sports."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/ent…0423s00041000622000c.html

**fyi, baseball is considered a national sport and is also Japan's most popular and biggest sport. Baseball to Japan is like football to the UK. Volleyball is not considered a national sport in Japan despite the Saori mania, Haikyuu craze, Nishida going viral, and global support for the men's team. In fact Nikkei listed that Ran Takahashi ranked #1 in global support than Japan's golden boy and national hero, Shohei Ohtani. PR Times also reported about it at the beginning of the year.

• Yes. Toray announced it through the Line fanclub

that was just an update that kurogo is still with the team because of rumors that circulated when nt wide roster dropped. the rumors that circulated on that trollchan forum said toray let her go

• that was just an update that kurogo is still with the team because of rumors that circulated when nt wide roster dropped. the rumors that circulated on that trollchan forum said toray let her go

Are you referring to 4ch? it's a very dangerous and toxic board not at all a 'forum' for logical discussions. That was the source for the voyeuristic video of Ran in a hot springs that spread on twitter. We're lucky enough that it's hard to access for anyone outside of Japan. It's 100x worse than its Korean counterpart Nate, DC Gall and Pann.

• This is my first time seeing/reading Maiko Kano saying that she wasn't a top player. She's always present at any London Olympic reunion so most would assume that she's a toptier player no questions asked but I have never seen her play with Kimura or Sakoda who she seems closest to. When did she retire, 2018 was it? When Ebata was injured she still had court time but Kano never did get to play a full set game. Maybe she got lucky all this time because she seems almost like a ghost in that she was never really on the court both locally and during her time in the NT.

• My guess for VNL roster

not gonna go with a full squad only some players that I think Manabe will wanna put to the test

Aside from Koga Mayu Shimamura Yamagishi

Kojima

Matsui/Miyashita

Arisa Inoue/Hayashi

Yamada/Hammy

Nishikawa/Airi Miyabe/Okumu

Miyabe seems to be in the US?? idk how that'll work for her so if not her then Yuka Sato

I didn't mention any of the uni girls since I don't know anything about them

• This is my first time seeing/reading Maiko Kano saying that she wasn't a top player. She's always present at any London Olympic reunion so most would assume that she's a toptier player no questions asked but I have never seen her play with Kimura or Sakoda who she seems closest to. When did she retire, 2018 was it? When Ebata was injured she still had court time but Kano never did get to play a full set game. Maybe she got lucky all this time because she seems almost like a ghost in that she was never really on the court both locally and during her time in the NT.

I can't be sure but I don't think Kano ever gloated or did anything shady knowing she was just an extra during London, unless you consider her opinion of V League teams ranking out of line lol. But you're right about how there's almost no proof of her playing on the court which is why I'm starting to think that she was probably only a sub for the majority of her career including the time Nakada converted her to setter.

Kano is made for the commercial side of sports even better than Saori and definitely so much better than Princess Meg (Megumi Kurihara). Kano exudes charm, she's never awkward with anyone so I can definitely see why her success came after playing volleyball.

• I have a feeling Manabe might go with Victorina's libero

Nothing against Hanai but Yamagishi would be a better bet :bump:

• I meant as a 2nd libero like Kotoe Inoue

Rena is my fave tho so I wanna see her make it

I think Rena has a solid chance of being 2nd libero if not Kojima? I like Rena too ngl

• I can't be sure but I don't think Kano ever gloated or did anything shady knowing she was just an extra during London, unless you consider her opinion of V League teams ranking out of line lol. But you're right about how there's almost no proof of her playing on the court which is why I'm starting to think that she was probably only a sub for the majority of her career including the time Nakada converted her to setter.

Kano is made for the commercial side of sports even better than Saori and definitely so much better than Princess Meg (Megumi Kurihara). Kano exudes charm, she's never awkward with anyone so I can definitely see why her success came after playing volleyball.

If I remember well, she was a highly-rated talent and join the team in 2009, but then she suffered from a few injuries, which Sakoda and Ebata debut on NT during that time. Those injury largely affect her career afterwards and she then becomes sub for the majority of her career.