Eurovolley 2023

• And how it's her behaviour related to the whole Turkiye, i reject that, simple as that, people just dislike behaviour of Ebrar Karakurt by her name and surname, as individual and her acts, being Turkish or any other nationality it is completely irrelevant (at least for a major of people here, but i could understand you all sticking with few irrational individuals as safe zone).

Tell that to the people actually calling out the entire community here based on Ebrar including people that like your comment. That's not what the user you respond to mean't. A lot of users already have a dislike for Turkiye, or at least the Turkish community here and Ebrar's behaviour is a nice scapegoat to them to go on a hate train. Or am I the only one here reading the comments going wild for Turkiye losing a set lol.

• Also why Santareli write of Derya as starter, i mean it's risky, but Aydin just can't pass on this tournament obviously and Karakurt-Derya works fine during VNL (more than fine suprisingly).

Hande was good today, but i wouldn't bet that she can repeat the same performance twice during same competition, so i'm just curious what happend during RR and was the Derya-Karakurt duo failed or what?

• 10 years ago here were a lot of comments how disgusting is Daymi Ramirez with her behaviour and I didnt think than somebody could beat her easily in this...Karakurt has obviously some problem with herself and the referees should start to punish her

• Cansu is a big liability on block. Her sets to Vargas was unnecessary fast, I don't remember when the last time Vargas got blocked 8 times.

Elif should return the starting 6.

Eda was terrible as well. I have trust on her to reach a better level against Poland.

• Tell that to the people actually calling out the entire community here based on Ebrar including people that like your comment. That's not what the user you respond to mean't. A lot of users already have a dislike for Turkiye, or at least the Turkish community here and Ebrar's behaviour is a nice scapegoat to them to go on a hate train. Or am I the only one here reading the comments going wild for Turkiye losing a set lol.

You don’t seem to understand that people call out your “community” for defending disgraceful and unsportsmanlike behaviour of Ebrar just cause she is Turkish, that’s bias and hypocracy. It has nothing to do with Turkish team or Turkey as country or Turkish users here in general.

• Another thing is that with Martin prrforming this good, I completely don’t understand why Belgium was constantly playing with 3 middles on court. I really liked the team without Herbots but with a more even distribution from the setter Herbots + Martin + Van Gestel trio could be really dangerous and Jansens + Van Avermaet as middles are a great duo too.

• Cansu is a big liability on block. Her sets to Vargas was unnecessary fast, I don't remember when the last time Vargas got blocked 8 times.

Elif should return the starting 6.

Eda was terrible as well. I have trust on her to reach a better level against Poland.

Eda seemed to have a way better connection with Elif rather than Cansu, or maybe it's just that recently she has played more with her. I would have put in Elif more than once in this match...

• You don’t seem to understand that people call out your “community” for defending disgraceful and unsportsmanlike behaviour of Ebrar just cause she is Turkish, that’s bias and hypocracy. It has nothing to do with Turkish team or Turkey as country or Turkish users here in general.

People are telling me for example that I'm defending Ebrar when I said many times that I didn't even watch the match to give a prognosis on her attitude today but continued making a general statement and one regarding the end of the match and her good performance. There are enough users here not just calling out Ebrar, but assigning her traits to us in general, that's my point. No one said everyone is acting the same level.

Geez y'all are getting ridiculous lol

• When Herbots returns in shape Belgium should just stick to this same formation, just replacing Stragier with Herbots. They might have a higher ceiling this way. Also, Rampelberg is such a wonderful digger, deserves so much credit

• Congrats to both teams for the great fight.. I nearly believed Belgium would have brought Turkey to the tie break!

And yes Ebrar's behaviour is disgusting! I'm wondering why the referee didn't punish or warn her.

• Ebrar must be warned definetely, either by Santerelli or Eda as a team captain. This attitude is really disgusting :sos:

Actually Eda almost always is trying to calm and calling her to stop with that, like a true legend as she is. Otoh you can't expect such a thing from Santareli, i think that he actually love that unfortunately.

• Also regarding Ebrar, I agree about the referees. If this is something that crosses volleyball fair-play rules, she should be warned for that or get a penalty. If it's allowed, it's not much different from a tennis grunt, which also can be very disrespectful if we want to be typically morally correct.

• Another thing is that with Martin prrforming this good, I completely don’t understand why Belgium was constantly playing with 3 middles on court. I really liked the team without Herbots but with a more even distribution from the setter Herbots + Martin + Van Gestel trio could be really dangerous and Jansens + Van Avermaet as middles are a great duo too.

I totally agree. They were well organised and effective, they only lacked some power in attack, which Herbots can provide.

• Actually Eda almost always is trying to calm and calling her to stop with that, like a true legend as she is. Otoh you can't expect such a thing from Santareli, i think that he actually love that unfortunately.

It seems that maybe he is encouraging her further, since she (according to what I read) upped her afronte game

• Also regarding Ebrar, I agree about the referees. If this is something that crosses volleyball fair-play rules, she should be warned for that or get a penalty. If it's allowed, it's not much different from a tennis grunt, which also can be very disrespectful if we want to be typically morally correct.

I don't think grunts in tennis are aimed at the rival (usually), Ebrar's behaviour today especially showing her tongue were far more disrespectful

• I don't think grunts in tennis are aimed at the rival (usually), Ebrar's behaviour today especially showing her tongue were far more disrespectful

Not true, there are several players known to take their grunts to another level. When I meant grunts it's not the regular grunting player that blows out steam out of the ball, in fact imo it can be worse, the grunts can actually affect the opponents gameplay which is basically cheating, some keep grunting until the opponent hits the ball towards them.