Eurovolley 2023

• Deja vu from yesterday? No wonder we were one state once :lol:

• What a meltdown of Czechia :what:

I became a huge fan of Milenko, she is only 24 and can have a great future ahead of her.

• and Petkov is bulgarian :)

Yes, that's even more funny :)

• Is it only me or the ukrainian coach gives bad vibes most od the times?

He looks so impulsive and angry most of the times. Even the girls look like they aren't following him.

• He is coaching them also in club, so imagine being with him whole year

• If there's one thing you can predict about women's volleyball, it's you can't predict anything. A team loses one set 10:25 and returns on court in a completely different manner 3 minutes later.

You can say that again. I switched to the men's match and when I looked back at the score I was kind of stunned to see Ukraine nearly going for the reverse sweep.

• congratulations to czechia,a beautiful job done in this tournament

Presence of legendary havelkova helped them a lot but today mvp was mlejnkova...what amazing line shots...she seems to make it so easy

Congrats to ukraine too ...great game

• Is it only me or the ukrainian coach gives bad vibes most od the times?

He looks so impulsive and angry most of the times. Even the girls look like they aren't following him.

I agree, but this is classic Soviet-style or "old school". The coaches are trying to use very authoritarian means - such as screaming highly in the face - in order to inject a superior discipline in the team. Teams from the so called eastern block, such as Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Belarus, are the ones mostly famous for employing such tactics or strategies within the context of volleyball (and sports in general).

• I agree, but this is classic Soviet-style or "old school". The coaches are trying to use very authoritarian means - such as screaming highly in the face - in order to inject a superior discipline in the team. Teams from the so called eastern block, such as Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Belarus, are the ones mostly famous for employing such tactics or strategies within the context of volleyball (and sports in general).

Yes that's true. But it looks so useless and anachronistic nowadays..

• Best OH of the tournament so far

She really is:rose: amazing job in adapting her new position in such a short amount of time :obey: by the way I didn't notice belgium players were also showing their tongues and making those faces?🙄

• Turkish users again finding excuses to defend Ebrar and her idiotic behaviour.

Act surprised :obey:

• I agree, but this is classic Soviet-style or "old school". The coaches are trying to use very authoritarian means - such as screaming highly in the face - in order to inject a superior discipline in the team. Teams from the so called eastern block, such as Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Belarus, are the ones mostly famous for employing such tactics or strategies within the context of volleyball (and sports in general).

For Poland ended few decades ago ! Exclude us from Your list.

Last real example of such coach was Russian Karpol. He screamed to all players during Uraloczka game against Police. It was strange because after gane he was very calm. I don't remember anybody similar to his behaviour.

• Turkish users again finding excuses to defend Ebrar and her idiotic behaviour.

Act surprised :obey:

No one is finding excuses for her behavior but you obviously struggle to understand what you read. I've already told I don't approve her attitude but it doesn't change that she is doing an AMAZING job in her new position.