Italian Women's NT 2023

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…sorprese-non-sono-finite/

OMG. When I saw this I did not believe it but then I remember that Manzatti started the friendly match with Nwakalor instead of Egonu. Is there a possibilty to be true what the article says? Is Manzatti so stupid, even to think to start with Nwakalor? :what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

Only if he want to force them to suck him, so he can take all the money. :lol:

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…sorprese-non-sono-finite/

OMG. When I saw this I did not believe it but then I remember that Manzatti started the friendly match with Nwakalor instead of Egonu. Is there a possibilty to be true what the article says? Is Manzatti so stupid, even to think to start with Nwakalor? :what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

Lol, I called it, he just didn’t go super hard :lol:

I just hope he doesn’t start Parrocchiale :whistle:

• I am so surprised that Moki and Bosetti are cut, especially, because Cate is the best passing OH in the team and De Gennaro has a lot experience in covering Plummer in Imoco and it could be beneficial with Antropova.

• I dont know if it will happen this or next years but ı feel Mazzanti and the Federation will cut Egonu eventually, they will play with Antropova.

• I don't understand what Mazzanti knows about the federation and its president that he has so much trust from them? In 90% of cases, in such situations, the coach is fired... Unless he has the same status as Terzic used to be in Serbia. This stubbornness of the Italian federation surprises me. There must be some bottom line here.

• I don't understand what Mazzanti knows about the federation and its president that he has so much trust from them? In 90% of cases, in such situations, the coach is fired... Unless he has the same status as Terzic used to be in Serbia. This stubbornness of the Italian federation surprises me. There must be some bottom line here.

In 90% situations are nudes ^^

Terzic delievered the results for many years, Mazzanti lost almost all tournaments where Italy was favourite (WCH18, OG20 not even medal, WCH22)

• Terzic delievered the results for many years, Mazzanti lost almost all tournaments where Italy was favourite (WCH18, OG20 not even medal, WCH22)

Italy was never a favourite for the WCH 18. It was a massive surprise, even for the most optimistic Italian NT fan, to get a medal in that tournment. That teamn performed above the expectations. I remember that when Mazzanti was named HC, he said that the medals would arrive in 3-4 years. But they got a silver in the last WGP and WCH (both unexpected results) and then underperformed in the tournaments they were candidates. All the opposite :D

• Are you also annoyed by Mazzanti's goofy smirks during interviews?

Just on that, if we're talking about body language, just compare him to his former pupil Santarelli and the behaviour of the respective teams on the field. The players are going to look up to Mazzanti, so he must be bold, he must be confident, he must give a sort of "We're Italy!" vibe. He can't go out there in his shells, talking about how winning is an exception, how losing is needed to improve and how there's no minimum goal for this upcoming EC... How on earth the girls are going to come into a winning culture if these are the premises?

As much as I'm trying to take the emotions out of it and have a good look at how Italy has performed, the situation is just way too concerning to not be discussed. We haven't seen much progress from 2017 on, we haven't seen a game strategy that made sense for too long now so a lot of thought has to go into our structures and into the way we appoint our coaches.

• in 2006 the federation was smarter and fired Bonita. The alternative was leaving of most experienced players. Barbolini came and took control of the situation in the next season, although then Togut and Rinieri ended their performances in the national team. Here you can see Manfredi standing firmly behind Mazzanti. It's disturbing. If the federation thinks that the men's team will save their season and attract media attention again, they may be surprised - it's still a very young team that will have fluctuating form vel the last VNL.