Italian Women's NT 2023

• With your way of thinking, one could fault coaches for underperformance, but they... are not to be credited for their successes? Was it not at least in part due to Mazzanti that Italy was regarded as a favourite (clear is arguably too strong a word, but they were favourite #1, no questions). Was he not Italy's coach for ECH 2021 and 2022 VNL (and before that, WCH 2018).

What about the player's own part in failures? Are you aware of numerous rumours concerning Pietrini (of her lack of 100% commitment to volleyball and fulfilling her potential, of her fragile psychological makeup, weird choices like not wanting to wear kneepads etc.)? Are you aware of the rumours that the entire NT was for years split into two camps due to a lover's quarrel, pro-Folie and pro-Pietrini, and that Sylla and Pietrini (who were often on the court together) would simple refuse to acknowledge each other's presence due to Sylla being Folie's bestie. That you couldn't substitute Egonu or she would get offended and sulk.

Even if most of those are unture, to paraphrase a common saying: "Where there's lots of smoke, there's bound to be at least a little of fire". And would you lay the entire blame for all of it on Mazzanti's door? Players have no agency? No choices in their own actions?

As Guidetti once said: "Failures should be attributed to the coach and successes to the players". If Mazzanti isnt able to porperly manage a team that might or might have internal problems then he's simply not suited for the job.

Do you think Italy was or is the only team with internal affairs among players?

Did you even know that the legendary Cuban team had even worse problems among their team member and yet they managed to conquer the volleyball world for almost a decade? Same with the legendary Brazilian team.

The rummors about team Egonu or Bosetti, egos, quarrels, etc. have been there for years and yet Italy has been able to show that when at peak they are clear favourites (even your ex NT coach has said it), they don't suddenly go away when they win but reappear when they loose.

• Any details please?

In many interviews players said that all players had toughcharacter and was difficult to deal with that they weren't that friends

• As Guidetti once said: "Failures should be attributed to the coach and successes to the players". If Mazzanti isnt able to porperly manage a team that might or might have internal problems then he's simply not suited for the job.

Do you think Italy was or is the only team with internal affairs among players?

Did you even know that the legendary Cuban team had even worse problems among their team member and yet they managed to conquer the volleyball world for almost a decade? Same with the legendary Brazilian team.

The rummors about team Egonu or Bosetti, egos, quarrels, etc. have been there for years and yet Italy has been able to show that when at peak they are clear favourites (even your ex NT coach has said it), they don't suddenly go away when they win but reappear when they loose.

Cuba is a bad example those were petty dramas typical of highschool level bravado. Not to mention the political unrest in Cuba that affected them and their families it's no joke that most of the players came with a lot of baggage. Overcoming social and political issues were far more important than them not getting along in the beginning.

You should've cited South Korea with those bullying twins that targeted KYK to make her look the bad guy especially with the suffocatingly obsessive toxic idol culture of their country.

• rest in peace

Idk if my italian is good,in that artixle it said she comitted suicide?

• I just saw that on Instagram. What happened?!?! Im really shocked!

Rest in peace 🙏🏻🫶🏻

• Terrible news. It's always sad to hear when people die so young. To think that she was playing yesterday looking physically fine. Who would've known it'd be the last time we'd see her play. ;(

• rest in peace

Idk if my italian is good,in that artixle it said she comitted suicide?

For now there are only fragmentary reports...

But her death is confirmed: she fell from a hotel window in Istanbul.

The Turkish police are investigating her death and the possibility of a voluntary gesture is not excluded ...

Whatever happened, it is terrible and very sad news ...

• Any details please?

unforgettable Ramirez vs. Calderon but you probably remember this

• Yes, but Andreavillar mentioned that legendary Cuban girls - Regla Torres, Bell, Mireya Luis etc. I watched so many games of this team and didn't expect any serious problems inside.

my mistake, I read only about the Cuban team..that´s surprising also for me

• As all teams are doing their list,I would call these player for VNL,I wouldn't include core players

Liberos

-De Bortoli

-Panetoni

-Fersino

Maybe spirito also if 4th libero

Setters

-Bosio

-Malinov

-Gennari

Opposites

-Nwakalor

-Nicoletti

-Mingardi

(Antropova if eligible)

Middle Blockers

-Bonifacio

-Fahr

-Lubian

-Squarcini

-Mazzaro

Maybe emma graziani also or linda nwakalor

Outside Hitters

-Omoruyi

-Pietrini

-Gardini

-Villani

-D'odorico

I would like to include piva and cagning but not sure

But imo mazzanti would call degradi,perinelli despite having bad season

• What your opinion about Sylla??? I believe that she is awful this season. She also needs to prove herself not only for a place in the starting six about gennerally for a place in the team....

In my opinion the main roster for Italy according to the performances of the players should be

S Orro and Bosio

OP Egonu and Nicoletti or Nwakarol

OH Bosetti , Villani , Omoruyi and Sylla (or Degradi instead of Sylla)

MB Danesi , Lubian , Fahr and Folie

L MCD and Fersino/

As for VNL in setter position for sure I would have an eye on Battistoni

• I wouldn't call folie,she's already at her 30s at injury prone,I like her but last time in NT she didn't play their best and I would rather to call younger players

About sylla I think she's stillvaluable in NT as other OH don't step up (pietrini and degradi bad season)

Also about OPP I think is the most difficult place in Italian NT as nwakalor,nicoletti and mingardi had chances in NT and them all played bad or really average,I hope antropova can play soon

• many of the names on this list, make no sense... so it is plausible that Mazzanti summons them...

• many of the names on this list, make no sense... so it is plausible that Mazzanti summons them...

Like I said i didn't include core players

This that I named were the players with best performance on league

But maybe I am wrong,who would you call instead?