Italian Women's NT 2023

• I came across this tweet -

- that says there will be one relevant news about the final roster for the EC.

Considering that Lucia Bosetti commented this post -

- I won't be surprised if Caterina Bosetti will be the next victim of the Fano's grim reaper...

• Official squad for the ECH:

S: Orro - Bosio
    OPP: Egonu - Antropova - Nwakalor
    OH: Sylla - Pietrini - Degradi - Omoruyi
    MB: Danesi - Lubian - Squarcini
    L: Fersino - Parrocchiale

Antropova will be replaced if she failed to get the passports before the start of the event. Rummor has it she will be sworn in today.

• only 3 mb when one of them isn't useful in NT

Put degradi that has been awful all summer

This seems a recipe to flop

Hope antropova and egonu carry the team

• We all knew that it waa going to be 3 MBs ever since Mazzaro got injured so no surprise there.

He talks about how he won't experiment new things at the Euro but brings 3 OPPs to the ECH. The only reason Nwakalor can be included is that Kate will be played as an OH, if not then what's the point?

I disagree with your take that Degradi was awful. She was okay and sometimes even good this VNL.

What I dont like is that Cate didn't even got a chance. Besides from 1 set in the first friendly she didn't take the field against Serbia.

He says that the reception is solid enough, bit with Loli and Degradi in there I seriously doubt it.

• This is ridiculous. How Antropova can be in the roster if she is not on any list send to CEV?

You said it couple of times already, but have you read all the documents about Eurovolley/CEV competitions? Can you quote some specific regulations? I'm not saying that you are necessarily wrong, but considering that yesterday you said that this is impossible (turned out to be possible) and now you call it 'ridiculous', it's a bit on you to show that this is indeed 'ridiculous'.

• You said it couple of times already, but have you read all the documents about Eurovolley/CEV competitions? Can you quote some specific regulations? I'm not saying that you are necessarily wrong, but considering that yesterday you said that this is impossible (turned out to be possible) and now you call it 'ridiculous', it's a bit on you to show that this is indeed 'ridiculous'.

I can.

usE07x.jpg

w5FmHZ.jpg

W2QEgf.jpg

1) I don't think she had italian license before July 8th (as was CEV deadline).

2) She wasn't on the ling list submitted to CEV before July 15th

3) 14 players selected for the tournament must be the players from long list

• Thank you!

So either there are some other regulations about replacement of injured players or FIPAV indeed got a special treatment as a host. Although I don't know if this is any valid in reality considering it says that 'it is limited to a maximum of 24 players, out of which 14 players will eventually participate in a match', considering that on CEV website Italy or Poland have +30 names submitted.

• I can’t believe what Mazzanti is doing, this is becoming one of the biggest jokes ever !!!

No De Gennaro and Bosetti. One of the best defence (De Gennaro the best) players at their positions :wall:

Every top club in the World would kill to have players like them in their rosters.

• I just don't understand why last season Italy played practically one team in both VNL and the World Cup? Then you could rest Egonu, de Gennaro like Boskovic in Serbia and from this season already play with the best squad. If Mazzanti wanted to make revolutions, he could also do it before the last World Cup. Tokyo 2020 was a failure and it only dawned on him now that it was the fault of the older players? If Mazzanti doesn`t advance with the team to the Olympics this year, he should leave and it will not be changed by silver or bronze at the European Championships on this ladder.

• Thank you!

So either there are some other regulations about replacement of injured players or FIPAV indeed got a special treatment as a host. Although I don't know if this is any valid in reality considering it says that 'it is limited to a maximum of 24 players, out of which 14 players will eventually participate in a match', considering that on CEV website Italy or Poland have +30 names submitted.

On the old CEV site there are 24 names squads. On this print it says that there is a possibility to change injured player but only by someone from long list. The replacement should be someone included before. Antropova couldn't be because she was not Italian.

• Kate looks good on the blue shirt for those crying about it 🥰

Will you cry a lot when you see Carutasu in red and white shirt?:roll:

Her name was not in wide roster, did Italian federation bribed cev?🤦

• All I see is a bunch of jealous people about Italia having the best OPP duo among any team by FAR. Keep crying louder 😘😇

Hahaha you have been crying for whole summer 😂 we will have best Opp trio soon🥰

Good luck with teaching antropova to receive, not everyone is like Ebrar :roll:

• I just don't understand why last season Italy played practically one team in both VNL and the World Cup? Then you could rest Egonu, de Gennaro like Boskovic in Serbia and from this season already play with the best squad. If Mazzanti wanted to make revolutions, he could also do it before the last World Cup. Tokyo 2020 was a failure and it only dawned on him now that it was the fault of the older players? If Mazzanti doesn`t advance with the team to the Olympics this year, he should leave and it will not be changed by silver or bronze at the European Championships on this ladder.

Italy will qualify for the Olympics be it by ranking or at the OQT. If he is successful at the ECH, I seriously doubt that Moki or Chiri or even Cate will ever return tu the blue as long as he's the coach.

If he's not and the ECH turns out to be a disaster then idk what the FIPAV will do especially this close to Paris 2024.

With the double assignment rule it also limits the number of available coaches if they were to replace Davide post ECH. Maybe Velasco could lend a hand now that he's training Busto?