Italian Women's NT 2023

I think that according with what we know until now , Italy winning seems rather utopian. Deptite the fact that you do not have the most of your best players, you are going to face with the fact that your biggest weapon will be on bench. Even the great Egonu can not carry the team if she must to play in semifinals or in the finals withought playing any game before ( I imagine that when Manzatti faces the difficult teams he will forced to give her more time). Even if she take all the matches you do not know if she can do her best in a such a short time.

So..... My opinion for the Italian friends is to reconcile with the thought that the can not win the ECH like that. If Manzatti insist in Nwakalor maybe not even a medal.

EXCEPT if all this is Manzattis plan and he want to confuse the others that he will not use Egonu . I do not know what to think anymore....

Not really. Despite what Mazzanti is doing, Italy has a chance of winning this tournament. And if he did, he would certainly keep his job and prove that his 'method' works but would it sustaibale enough to carry Italia to a medal at the OG? I think not and that also worries me.

• I think he meant that when he chooses the players for the NT, it doesn't mean that those who are left out are wrong and don't deserve to be in NT. Basically he doesn't think De Gennaro, Bosetti or Chirichella are bad and don't deserve to be called, but simply according to him they don't fit in his NT project now. This is at least my interpretation..

Anyway the way he speaks, the answers he gives in the interviews and the way he behaves in general are very weird. He looks like he is not completely aware of what he is doing and he doesn't really have a plan, apart from just trying to imitate the Italy male NT head coach.

He looks like he is mentally fragile and not very stable if I have to be honest... the Italian federation should take action asap.

I don't think he doesn't know what he's doing or that he's mentally fragile. He knows exactly what his doing and what is at stake because of his actions. He surely knows what could happen when you leave out the best libero in the world or an all-around player who can balance the passing of the team or a MB who might not be a top level one but certainly better than some of the ones on the ECH squad. He knows that he's causing a media uproar and that if this goes wrong is totally gonna be on him and that's why he never fully explains his actions on interviews and seems like his answers are very superficial.

The real question here is much of the FIPAV has granted to him for him to behave this way and what would happen after or this is only his way of showing that his taking action on the so needed and demanded change after the WCH failure.

• Antropova has been added to Italy's roster on CEV site, so it seems like she'll definitely play.

• As far as I know, Vargas doesn't speak Turkish, but that's okay, English is spoken in the team because of Santarelli and the staff. Do you think Antropova can speak the language of chaos? Because the primary language in the Italian national team is the language of chaos and being toxic.

• As far as I know, Vargas doesn't speak Turkish, but that's okay, English is spoken in the team because of Santarelli and the staff. Do you think Antropova can speak the language of chaos? Because the primary language in the Italian national team is the language of chaos and being toxic.

Ok... now that you've said this nonsense, are you happy?

If you're all right, we're all very relieved...

• Yeah she learns Italian because no one in Italy can speak English. Don't pretend this isn't the fact, many players have told before how in Italy no one can speak English and in Turkey it's widely spoken.

Non-naturalized players have to learn it too to not be taken advantage of in the league lol it's nothing special.

Hahahahaha love this answer 😂😂

Vargas can't speak Turkish well yet but Saliha said in her interview that they all speak English to make her feel comfortable and included. By the way Carutasu is fluent in Turkish which is more similar to Antropova's case😏

• IDK why some people is angry

They should still celebrate their NT win a gold once in a tournament other than gloria cup

• İtalian language is very easy to learn and therefore many people speak it fluently:roll: Antropova lucky to be white, she will not be the main target of italian racist media like Egonu but İm sure they will find the way to offend her with obnoxious words when italy will be defeated:roll: welcome to the İtalian chaos team, Kate!!

• Racism, racism as way to defend, stereotypes, answers that not even my cousin who is 5yo in the kindergarden would dare to reply, common phrases...:thumbdown:

Antropova has been added to Italy's roster on CEV site, so it seems like she'll definitely play.

Regarding this, Im still surprised there is any official statement from CEV. According to what I read, it isnt still 100% sure that Antropova could play this ECH. As it was already stated, she wasnt included in the first list. But Italy has appealed to one article of the regulation of the tournment for her enrolling. I'm wondering which one :/

In the other hand, Volleyworld social networks has not lost the chance to continue to communicate in a way to only get likes thanks to generating controversy. A post which was shared by Moki later...

• Yeah she learns Italian because no one in Italy can speak English. Don't pretend this isn't the fact, many players have told before how in Italy no one can speak English and in Turkey it's widely spoken.

Non-naturalized players have to learn it too to not be taken advantage of in the league lol it's nothing special.

Yeah, but you have to understand us... We're just a small emerging country... You can't compare us to Turkey...

On the other hand, like all other nations, we're waiting for you to enlighten us by showing us the way: volleyball is just a small step and after the VNL you can lead the world towards a new future...

• Regarding this, Im still surprised there is any official statement from CEV. According to what I read, it isnt still 100% sure that Antropova could play this ECH. As it was already stated, she wasnt included in the first list. But Italy has appealed to one article of the regulation of the tournment for her enrolling. I'm wondering which one :/

In the past there were rules that players could be changed in case of injury, but as far as I remember this was in times when wide rosters contained 18 players and final rosters 12. When the wide roster contains almost 40 players I see no reason to keep such a rule :| Maybe Italy registered her in first place but due to lack of Italian citizenship this was not technically possible until she actually received it...

• In the past there were rules that players could be changed in case of injury, but as far as I remember this was in times when wide rosters contained 18 players and final rosters 12. When the wide roster contains almost 40 players I see no reason to keep such a rule :| Maybe Italy registered her in first place but due to lack of Italian citizenship this was not technically possible until she actually received it...

I see this a very likely scenario. The rumors that she only needed to get the passport for her to be able to play the ECH has been around since she first training session with thr NT which was way before thr due date to submit the wide roster list. I doubt the Federazione will summon her and try to get her to be sworn in fast just for her not to play the tournament because of a technicality

• Yeah, but you have to understand us... We're just a small emerging country... You can't compare us to Turkey...

On the other hand, like all other nations, we're waiting for you to enlighten us by showing us the way: volleyball is just a small step and after the VNL you can lead the world towards a new future...

Just learn basic conversational English dude 😂 you can't be that lazy and unprofessional. It's even in the same language family as Italian.

• Regarding this, Im still surprised there is any official statement from CEV. According to what I read, it isnt still 100% sure that Antropova could play this ECH. As it was already stated, she wasnt included in the first list. But Italy has appealed to one article of the regulation of the tournment for her enrolling. I'm wondering which one :/

Yes.. the situation is still pending... But by tonight there should be an official statement: the closing of the lists is today or, at the latest, tomorrow...

In the other hand, Volleyworld social networks has not lost the chance to continue to communicate in a way to only get likes thanks to generating controversy. A post which was shared by Moki later...

This shows how much, despite what many claim, the FIVB loves us…