Turkey 2023

• Aycin is the best local slider after Eda. She has two problems though: 1) her blocking is really bad and 2) she had troubles hitting different angles with her slide (got blocked a lot when opponents adjusted to her).

Second problem she will most likely solve by playing a lot this season, first one, I don't know.

When it comes to Kubra, it felt like she gave up from volleyball for a while. I am curious to see her performance in THY because this feels like her last chance. If she does not improve throughout the season, I am sure she will be the one losing her spot in the NT.

• Beside Ayçin, maybe Yasemin should be considered for Eda's replacment. she is a slider and also a good blocker though.

Actually I was suprised that she was almost never considered in this NT season, she was only played one full match against Croatia.

• Asli is much better from Aycin right now. Her performances in the finals was just WORLDCLASS and this season manage to lift the weight in Fenerbahces middle if you think that Eda was terrible before the NT season . I believe that Asli is much better than the people think. From the other side Aycin is just a talented player right now. Nothing more. When she is playing with good teams she can not stop to chocking. She has a lot to do if she want to be a starter in the NT. Yesemin is much more reliable right now .

• Yasemin is solid player. Not bad. However, Turkey should be able to find someone better to replace Eda. She’s not good enough for top NT starter

• Yasemin is a great blocker however her attack is not good, especially her slides look very clumsy. In the league Aycin played better than her

• We can't replace Eda with an average player. We need to allow a new star to born, Begüm Kacmaz.

Aycin's attacking numbers against weak and strong teams are so different. She is very inefficient against strong teams and she is mediocre blocker. She can contribute when Eda leaves but I don't think she will take starting position.

I agree that Asli was great in the league finals but she didn't reach that level in NT.

Kübra is more versatile than Asli, so she could be better option but her form level is even lower than Asli. I'm also very curious for her season with Ze.

Yasemin won't be playing in Eczacibasi this season that much, Ferhat can play Jack-Stevanovic easily thanks to having Naz/Elif as local setter. I don't have high hopes from Yasemin.

For Paris, it's a race between Asli and Kübra.

For future, it's up to Begüm how she will develop.

• i've heard from a very trustworthy source that eda is a reptilian and also a member of one of the five families that rule the world behind the curtains. and the reason why she's still so good at her age is that she kidnaps young, promising middle blockers, drains their blood and drinks it, assuming both their youth and volleyball skills; she plans to keep doing this until her mid 40s until people start getting suspicious.

• you heard the guy, podcasts are the most reliable sources of information. whatever you hear in a podcast, is true. doesn't matter if you have a mountain of evidence about something, if some random dude in a godforsaken podcast channel that is listened to by 5 people says otherwise, you believe that random dude.

• Which one said this? Elif, Temmuz or Aytuğ?

I have connections with these people via twitter DM. I remember the reason they dont do it anymore is that they dont have time.

• Do you want a hard copy, listen for yourself..I don't know which one..

They didn't give names..What I heard was Guidetti told in WCH, 2 first6 players if they keep underperforming he will cut them..

I guessed Eda&Hande..

If you have a better guess, let's have it..

Eda was still good at least until the end of NT season in 2022. In Fenerbahce she was bad but not in NT. Two players who underperforming back then was Meliha and Simge.

• Well well well.... What a summer it was! as a Turkish fan (beside being a Galatasaray fan) I am so proud of our NT. This was an incredible success which cannot be denied by anyone.

In order to avoid any unnecessary debate and discussions on any topic, I kept my silence until all tournaments are over. Now is the time to say someting until the next tournaments and my intension is not to get involve any debate with anyone, especially with those, who think about themselves that, they know everything and are the masters in this area and great authority. Sadly but mostly with some Turkish users, who are very much influenced by the Turkish social media/twitter accounts and even by tv channels who used consider as if their major objective was to exagerate some players performance, trying to rise them over the clouds.

Let's start with Santarelli vs Guidetti comparison. I totally dislike those critics about Guidetti, even though I criticised him a lot at the point of ending his career with Turkish NT, since he would not be much productive any longer, due to some issues inside the team, his reaction and his attitude while trying to manage. However, he never deserved to be criticised as if he is a trash, not capable etc. While many other fans were trying to under estimate our team, we used to defend by telling them, how succesful we were in many tournaments (maybe not winning the 1st place but almost always in finals or semifinals and these were with Guidetti). I also found nonsense to debate on Gui ytpe/Santa type roster and I put my objections to such definitions, when I first joined to this forum. The evidence is there. Who/which is Gio's roster/player? Simge who played during OQT and other tournaments? Cansu, who played particularly in EU Volley and OQT? Hande who performed very well in OQT (except Belgium match)? Ebrar, who used to play during Gio's time? Zehra/Eda?Was there Vargas during Gio's age?

If he was such a bad coach, how he managed to adapt himself to Serbian NT and Serbian Team adapted themseves to Gui's system and managed to get successful results in a short while. Still remember that we won against Serbia in the 5th set by 15-13. If it would be vice versa, should we start thinking that Gui was better than Santa?

To cut the long story short. Better stop hating, cause many critics goes beyond dislike or disagree with him. Santa and Gui, both contributed our team a lot and we should be thankful to them. Success didn't come within a couple of months. However, Santa's magical touches (strategically and mentally) were so important and cannot be denied. End of story.

Other topic is the performance of our players and their contributions. All our player were ready and whenever they got the change to play, they tried to give their best, sometimes successful as it was expected from them and sometimes not... In terms of her performance, Vargas is out of any debate. In addition, Eda and Zehra are the ace middle, having different skills and it seems like, they will continue in the same way. However, both Kübra and Aslı provided good contribution, whenever is needed. For the time being, I find it useless to discuss or debate, about who will inerit Eda's place since Eda is not leaving now and until that moment, who knows what will be the performance of the candidates or the new candidates from the youngsters, so my opinion is just wait and see until the next tournament and keep observing other players performance in the league. Other point is, let's see how they will be adoped to Santarelli's training programs, plans and strategy and team chemistry. After that, let's see how they will perform at court in NT, then we can discuss.

It is undeniable that, Eda has a power in the team and on techninal as well as on managerial staff. I am not saying this, as if it is a bad thing. A well experienced player with an old age, who is a high contributer and fruitful, obviously has such a reputation and actually she should have. If this power is used in a good way, then this is always beneficiary for the team but if it is used differently, then some problems may occur. I am not in a position to comment on this front but to be honest, I found it a bit strange, when I heard her comment during the press conference after winning OQT cup. While replying a question about Ebrar, she said we have tall attackers which is good but at the same time when she said "our problem is we are a team with many young players" was not clear to me and did not understand what she really meant. In reality, winning 3 cups one after the other with these young players, is not a problem but it is a great value of the team and all became experienced with the feeling of resistance, fight and winning. I bet many teams are ready to give anything to have such players. I did not hear anything on this later on. Maybe I missed it.

Similarly, I find meaningless to discuss on our setters Cansu and Elif, about who is better or worse. Both have great talents and they are completely different in terms of physical attributes, styles and talents/efficiency. Both were so fruitful. Especially comparing these two, on whose turn the team made blocks or blocked is again completely irrelevant with their individual performance, since their performance firstly depends on the pass they (setters) receive, then the performance of the attacker or the performance of the blocker or the performance of the opponents blocking skills and/or the balance of the opponent's attack, which starts with the serve. So with so many independend variables, it is impossible to make a survey or comment by just counting the block wins or loss in a setter's turn and try to make a connection with setters. To me both were great but we can still make some analysis, based on the errors they made, or their successful sets and other performances (blocks, digs, win points, serve etc).

About Gizem and Simge, respect to Gizem. After missing some NT seasons, she was back with a great performance which was good for her and for the team. She also made several mistakes such as wrong predictions of opponent's serves falling in or unnecessarly jumping in front of some other players creating confusions in receiving the serve but these can happen in a game and overall she had a solid performance, especially in digs. I would say that Simge was not bad either, however she was criticised a lot like Gio, maybe triyng to take the revenge or haters of Gio on her? I don't know but all I know that, she did not deserve such critics as if she was trash, especially by some particular users in this form.

Finally, I have assessed our 4 OHs performances (Ebrar, Hande, İlkin and Derya) across all 3 tournaments, separately by player by tournament and at total level in detailed tabulations. Previously some work of mine were under estimated by some users and even they tried to tease with cynical words but please be patient. I am done and I will share them tomorrow. I can guess that, when you see all these, some users will get surprised, some will get frustrated and will try to answer with some explanations and some will try to deny. All figures are taken from the same resources as I did before and in addition to those, from CEV eurovolley.cev.eu and I did further calculations to derive some needed figures, which enabled us to see overall performance in easy readable tables with my comments.

Until tomorrow take care.

• Omg verbosity is really becoming your trademark huh?:roll: you claim every single discussion around Turkish NT is 'meaningless' or 'unnecessary'. You know what? I call 'writing a 3 pages-long post that is basically an endless gibble-gabble' meaningless and unnecessary. I can't wait for seeing your unnecessarily complicated tables which at the end say nothing🤦

• The bug is back on duty. I will not spend my time to reply anything, which may come from the same source (bug), since it will be just the waste of time. I will repeat the same to this bug, as I said before. Keep satisfying yourself. I will not go further with some bad wordings but I am sure, all people understood what I meant.

Here are the tables. They consist of 8 tables indicating players individual performance in the same tournaments, then each player across tournaments and finally the sum of all tournaments performances by player.

Table 1 is for OQT across players.

Table 2 is for Eurovolley across players

Table 3 is for VNL across players

Table 4 is for İlkin's performance by each tournament

Table 5 is for Ebrar's performance by each tournament

Table 6 is for Hande's performance by each tournament

Table 7 is for Derya's performance by each tournament

Table 8 is for combined performance across all tournaments by player

So let's start with;

1- Table 1 with a short summary. you can find match details as well only in this table. I have provided VNL earlier and Euro volley is missing since I could not find all match details in the site.

a- Looking at this table, İlkin had a very solid performance in all areas including serve efficiency, receiving, attacks and digs. She performed good in blocks as well. She has the highest average W/L by match and 2nd highest by set.

b-Ebrar's performance in serve was so so and expected to be in a better shape. Her perfect reception % was poor but she was solid in attacks and her digs were also looks poor. Her blocks records were also expected to be on the higher side. She has the 2nd highest average W/L by match (along with Derya) and highest average W/L by set.

c- No doubt, Hande is the best in defence which means the combination of blocks, receiving and digs. In this tournament she was exceptionally great at Attack zone and her receiving was also very good but she was behind İlkin at receiving. She was the best in block efficiency. She needs to improve her serve efficiency. She has the lowest average W/L by match and lowest average W/L by set.

d- Derya was also great in attack zone and receiving was not bad. She was also great in Digs but her serve efficiency needed to be improved. She was not bad in block efficiency.

2- Table 2 Eurovolley with a short summary. In this table, information about digs is missing since no record was found in CEV Euro volley.

a- First thing I can say about is, İlkin's receiving in this tournament was exceptionally bad. I don't know what happened in between 2 tournaments (VNL and OQT) but that was truly disappointing. Another disappointment was her block performance. She was consistent at attack performance which can be considered as good and she was so so at the serve efficiency. Overall she completed the tournament at the 3rd place in terms of W/L (by set and match average).

b- Ebrar's performance in receiving was good and her attack performance was very good. She was not bad in block efficiency but even though she managed to score 21 aces, her serve efficiency needed to be improved. By far, she got the 1st place in terms of average W/L (by match and set).

c- Hande's attack performance was pathetic, which resulted W/L with negative figures. Her receiving was still the best. Her block efficiency was not so good and her serve efficiency was bad.

d- Derya's performance was mediocre (at attack and at receiving) and she was not efficient at serves. However, she can be considered as 2nd best in terms of W/L.

3- Table 3 indicates VNL performances of mentioned players.

a- İlkin's performance at attack zone was consistently very good. Similarly she was good in receiving. She was also good in digs and not so bad in serves though needed to be improved. Her block efficiency could be better. She took the 2nd place in terms of W/L .

b- Ebrar was OK at attack zone but especially her reception perf% was too low. She was mediocre at digs and she was good at service efficiency. Her block efficiency could be better. She finished the tournament at 1st place, in terms of W/L

c- Hande was the best in both receiving and digs however her block efficiency could be better. Her attack efficiency was at the edge of poor however considering both kill% and Eff.% it can be accepted as mediocre. Her serve efficiency was not good therefore she took the 3rd place in terms of W/L

d- Derya was not good at reception since her eff.% was very low but she was good at attack zone. She had the lowest block efficiency. Service efficiency was not bad but she was really good at digs. She completed the tournament, by taking the last place.

Tables 4, 5, 6 and 7 has almost the same (except TTL (Total)) which helps to review each player's performance separately across tournaments and most important one is the Table 8, which covers all players Total performance in all tournaments (clubbed), an overall summary.

I could not calculate the serve efficiency at total level, since it does not consist of errors and aces only but has a complex calculation method, which includes additional parameters and should be loaded and calculated through an algoritm. Along with the aces and errors, It also takes into consideration the parameters such as, how the service impacts the opponent's balance, their attack efficiency etc.

4- Table 8

a- İlkin had a very good performance at attack zone. The good thing about her that, she never dropped her kill percentage below 45% and she was very consistent even in her worst tournament eurovolley. Overall, she reached to 30% efficiency, as she completed at VNL. She also finished with good reception statistics, similarly with a dig performance, almost at the edge of 70% digs which is good but still, she needs to improve her blocking skills and performance. İn terms of W/L she took the 2nd place

b- Ebrar has the 2nd best performance statistics at attack (43%, 28%), not so good at reception (44%, 18%) and not very good at digs, which is below 60%, however she has the best blocking statistics. In terms of W/L she took the 1st place.

c- As I said from the very beginning in my earlier posts, Hande is the best defensive player and she did very well, both at Receiving and Digs and she proved this input. However she was performed as a good spiker with 40%, 21%. In terms of W/L, she finished the tournaments as 4th at set average and 3rd at match average.

d- Derya was also very good at Digs, she performed well both at receiving and at attack zone. She also needs to improve her blocking performance. In terms of W/L, she finished the tournaments by taking the 3rd place in set average and 4th place at match average.

You can find all tables as attached.

Hope you will find these tables and work as informative, at least with the number you can never find in anywhere such as Pos at receiving. Also the real performances of each player objectively and clearly.

• This took a lot of dedication & hard work and it makes someone who don't really get the true "concept" of volleyball game play like me appreciate the game even more. Thank you.

• With Turkey's remarkable and historic success this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Naz would be interested in making a return to NT. Her experience would be a valuable addition to the team. Although this means one of Cansu and Elif would be out.

• With Turkey's remarkable and historic success this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Naz would be interested in making a return to NT. Her experience would be a valuable addition to the team. Although this means one of Cansu and Elif would be out.

I wish😍 but I'm almost sure that she is done with NT. She is very occupied with her child and seems like she enjoys family time. She has been playing for NT since she was 15 and unfortunately she doesn't have the same passion like Eda has for NT unfortunately 😔

• I wish😍 but I'm almost sure that she is done with NT. She is very occupied with her child and seems like she enjoys family time. She has been playing for NT since she was 15 and unfortunately she doesn't have the same passion like Eda has for NT unfortunately 😔

I have a good feeling she'll be back. An olympic medal is every athlete's ultimate dream anyway. Many veterans came back when their teams have a realistic shot of making it (specially for Turkey who just recently became heavy favorites the gold in Paris next year). For example: Brakocevic in 2016, de Kruijf and Meijners in 2019, Artamonova in 2012, and Larson and Thaisa just recently. Maybe Naz can sacrifice just 1 year in NT then she can always go back to being full-time mom? Who knows?