2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Italy surely will include the rest of starting players as bosetti,pietrini,chirichella and if antropova is eligible,her also

Meanwhile serbia not only stevanovic could be added and I doubt she would make a lot of difference

Antropova's eligibility is a big unknown and I wouldn't rely too much on it...

Without a decent O, I see Italy's situation as pretty messed up, let's say at Serbian levels...

Meanwhile, the world ranking situation is this:

https://en.volleyballworld.com…yball/world-ranking/women

• Italy surely will include the rest of starting players as bosetti,pietrini,chirichella and if antropova is eligible,her also

Meanwhile serbia not only stevanovic could be added and I doubt she would make a lot of difference

Boscovic is coming. She's 70% of Serbia. So they'll probably hang on until the finals.

Except antropova, none of these had a good season so although they are better than current line up, I doubt they will make a huge difference for Italy unless they improve dramatically in a month. They need to win two of china, Brazil and Japan and all other teams which they are favorite against

Serbia will get Boskovic in 3rd week, even if they win all their games in 3rd week (including china), they still need to win 3 out of 4 games (Brazil, Japan, Thailand, Croatia) next week that's why I said they might miss quarters. It will also depends on whether many teams will beat each other or favourites will sweep their opponents.

• There are rumors long before that Paola and some "veterans" will take long break and skip the VNL together to fully rest. I don't think the above mentioned players will be back at all, for second round at least. None of them are training right now.

Like serdar said, those that come back are not capable of making the difference without Antropova's participation. Lubian and Farh might help the situation but Bosio has terrible connection with the MBs recently so still messy.

Serbia on the other hands, already has a bunch of solid two-times WCH gold medallist players on the roster, I wouldn't write them off atm. They are totally capable of making a comeback. It is possible that they might manage to qualify as 7th or 8th in the ranking. Imagining other team makes it to the final round as first or second seed, then has to face Serbia with Bos in the quarterfinal :cheesy::cheesy:

• Yesterday's game make it clear that Derya has no place in the roster. Also, Elif is not my second setter. Cheering for Sıla and Buse.

Hande showed us a Busa cosplay and got lynched on social media. She has to better. If not, Neriman will be eager to take that spot.

• Yesterday's game make it clear that Derya has no place in the roster. Also, Elif is not my second setter. Cheering for Sıla and Buse.

Hande showed us a Busa cosplay and got lynched on social media. She has to better. If not, Neriman will be eager to take that spot.

Hande has been mediocre for a long time. There's no getting better for her.

Isn't it more amicable to comment/criticize Hande's poor performance last night without dragging Busa into this ?

• There are rumors long before that Paola and some "veterans" will take long break and skip the VNL together to fully rest. I don't think the above mentioned players will be back at all, for second round at least. None of them are training right now.

Like serdar said, those that come back are not capable of making the difference without Antropova's participation. Lubian and Farh might help the situation but Bosio has terrible connection with the MBs recently so still messy.

Serbia on the other hands, already has a bunch of solid two-times WCH gold medallist players on the roster, I wouldn't write them off atm. They are totally capable of making a comeback. It is possible that they might manage to qualify as 7th or 8th in the ranking. Imagining other team makes it to the final round as first or second seed, then has to face Serbia with Bos in the quarterfinal :cheesy::cheesy:

Yes, for example German team is easy to kick out of the top eight in the matches coming, to be honest...

• THA Team was ranked #8 last season with just 5 Wins. I think that Sérbia and Italy Will advance if teams like DOM, CAN, GER and BUL didnt do at least good in next weeks.

Mmm honestly i doubt it. The Italian Federation always releases the list of names for the upcoming training sessions/camps but so far only the B team (that's what they call it but it's more of a D team made up of young promising players) so I think Mazzanti will just use the same players as in week 1.

I wouldn't be so sure. This Italy B (or C if you wish) has shown some interesting things. Their biggest problem right now is passing because in attack, blocking and defense they're doing fine. They also need to serve better (which they are caplable of). That said, while I think if some key players were to come back, that would help a lot, doubt that'd be enough to win the tournament.

• Meh. The Serbian team won last year because EVERYONE was playing well so Boskovic was well supported.

yea. The entire team minus Aleksic was pretty much playing at the highest level they have in recent years lol. Drca, Pusic, Busa, Stevanovic, even players like Bjelica, Mirkovic, and Popovic were playing above their normal level. Add in that Boskovic was literally unstoppable and locked in.Santarelli really had a positive impact.

• One of Serbia or Italy will probably miss quarterfinals considering the upcoming schedule:white:

I think we need six wins out of the eight remaining matches to be in. In other words, we must upset one team among China, Brazil and Japan and hope that one among Germany and Thailand at least stumble against Croatia and South Korea. The odds are against us, even more considering we still don't know if Antropova will play in the VNL. I might be pessimistic, but for what I've seen so far it's a very likely scenario.

• USA winning against Turkey (combination of Vakif-Ecz-Fener teams) is literally INSANSE.

How deep pool of players they have. :obey:

• USA winning against Turkey (combination of Vakif-Ecz-Fener teams) is literally INSANSE.

How deep pool of players they have. :obey:

luckily they can only play 7 at a time and I’m not sure that 7 is significantly better than anyone one else at the top. The depth is surely impressive though.

• Like literally USA, China and Brazil has the best roster right now.

Edit: Turkiye too