2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I don't mean to be the grumpy old man, but I really don't understand the Kübra hype. Yes she scored a few blocks, but due to her terrible technique and her wildly swinging arms she also got tooled quite a few times, plus she's not a factor at all in attack. IMO Asli deserves much more praise than Kübra and Yasemin should be in the roster instead in the long run.

• I don't mean to be the grumpy old man, but I really don't understand the Kübra hype. Yes she scored a few blocks, but due to her terrible technique and her wildly swinging arms she also got tooled quite a few times, plus she's not a factor at all in attack. IMO Asli deserves much more praise than Kübra and Yasemin should be in the roster instead in the long run.

I think people were more pleased to see her playing good (meaning much better than lately in Vakif) + her being happy to be on court.. since her spirit has been down for quite some time.. You’re right about her tho

• I agree with that part and I don't wish her anything bad, but...this is NT :|

She won't be in the final squad anyway, but it's good to have options, specially if this option is a refreshed player with 197cm

I disagree her blocks have been quite decisive and important. She gets a lot of important touches too, yes she is also clumsy and messes it up sometimes. I prefer her spirit over Zehra and Eda not reaching any block with their much better technique though tbh. And the best part is the competitiveness among the players, we don't see Eda and Zehra play endless matches like they used to like Turkey only has 2 MBs, this will force them to do better too, imo Eda plays better than last NT season already for example.

I think Aslı did get a lot of praise too.

Scored a few blocks alone deserved some praises when the starting MBs couldn’t.

For me I hope she can find her decent form a few years ago under new coaches. She is only 28 that I believe she shouldn’t be declining that early. I don’t mean I am hoping her turning out to be an elite MB or something like starter in NT. But with her height and experience, I still believe she has something to offer when she comes from the bench, like she just did in these few matches.
    I hope Santarelli and Ze can help her gain back some form and confidence which she looked lacking in recent years.

• Mark my words. Zé will do wonders with Kubra, much people will be surprised.

Like you guys said, she is 28, a good age in terms of athleticism and mature, plus she has been playing at international stage for a decade, shouldn't be declining like that.

I hope she, Asli and Yasemin get some good time court, was distressful watch Eda and Gunes play every single match all alone, rain or shine, like if there isn't any other talented MB available in Turkey.

• Matthias you obviously know volleyball techniques. I like your critique. What’s the difference between getting “tooled” and just not getting a block?

ps - I love this notion of getting tooled :lol:

• Matthias you obviously know volleyball techniques. I like your critique. What’s the difference between getting “tooled” and just not getting a block?

ps - I love this notion of getting tooled :lol:

Kübra's arms are way too wild especially when she's not getting fast enough to the outside to close the block against fast sets. Blockers' arms should be as solid as possible with very little movement, simply reach up and over without any wild moves. A few times USA hitters intentionally spiked into Kübra's arms because it was very likely that the ball would go out from there, but of course it's also a risk which shows in her successful blocks. Due to her height and long arms it's hard to get past her when the arms are up, so with a better technique she could score even many more blocks, but right now her feet are too slow for that.

• Kübra's arms are way too wild especially when she's not getting fast enough to the outside to close the block against fast sets. Blockers' arms should be as solid as possible with very little movement, simply reach up and over without any wild moves. A few times USA hitters intentionally spiked into Kübra's arms because it was very likely that the ball would go out from there, but of course it's also a risk which shows in her successful blocks. Due to her height and long arms it's hard to get past her when the arms are up, so with a better technique she could score even many more blocks, but right now her feet are too slow for that.

Thank you. I just can't see volleyball at that level. Even now that you point it out, I doubt I'll see it :white: She's just kind of endearing to me and she puts up numbers so I think she's a good middle blocker and enjoy her

• turkiye arrived thinking they will win over a younger USA team because they have Vargas.

Gotta give it to USA's self belief. This is where Karch's kumbaya style talk play its part. He seems very approchable even if he should be angry (as opposed to Guidetti who seems to be high strung always).

Hande's pretty face is what's keeping her in this NT squad. Girl has an army of fans🤣 but gee, she isn't NT material.

• One of Serbia or Italy will probably miss quarterfinals considering the upcoming schedule:white:

• I noticed that the top teams in the standings all have tall MBs of around 200cm. These big MBs are not just tall, they're agile and quick as well and they really made an impact in the first week. Of course the teams have very good players in the other positions too, and if you're as good as Carol in the Brazilian side, you don't need to be 2 metres tall :)

• I noticed that the top teams in the standings all have tall MBs of around 200cm. These big MBs are not just tall, they're agile and quick as well and they really made an impact in the first week. Of course the teams have very good players in the other positions too, and if you're as good as Carol in the Brazilian side, you don't need to be 2 metres tall :)

Carol is an anomaly🤣 not in a bad way

• One of Serbia or Italy will probably miss quarterfinals considering the upcoming schedule:white:

Italy surely will include the rest of starting players as bosetti,pietrini,chirichella and if antropova is eligible,her also

Meanwhile serbia not only stevanovic could be added and I doubt she would make a lot of difference