2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• But also. Congrats poland ! Played a great game. Your fans are also nice and not psycho so that’s a plus

• Not that it's an excuse for playing bad but I would cut Serbia some slack cause they just started working wth a new coach 10 days ago.

China has been playing with this roster more than one year without Zhu, and up until VNL, they have trained together for 3 months. Ofc they will play great game in VNL.

there could be such thing as over training maybe? they trained for that long that theyr'e tired by the time they actually play:lol:

• LOL. My bad maybe we do just suck. Everyone else underperforming is the only way we could have ever got bronze at VNL without Boskovic and gone undefeated in WCs.

I didn't mean that, just that the result last year in VNL beating and going into tbs with most teams A team without Boskovic was a surprise to most of us even Serbians, you can go check the thread last year. So living up to that the same way can be difficult.

• I didn't mean that, just that the result last year in VNL beating and going into tbs with most teams A team without Boskovic was a surprise to most of us even Serbians, you can go check the thread last year. So living up to that the same way can be difficult.

oh I thought you meant our world champs run was also luck and was like….

• I didn't mean that, just that the result last year in VNL beating and going into tbs with most teams A team without Boskovic was a surprise to most of us even Serbians, you can go check the thread last year. So living up to that the same way can be difficult.

It was a surprise and we were underdogs, but you cant say they “got lucky”

It was a team effort, every girl left her heart on the field for those wins against USA and Turkey. Girls looked very organized and synergized, which we are missing now but its new coach, he doesnt know the players that well and what each of them is capable of and what they are not.

Last year in VNL we didnt have that great first week either, but it was against much weaker teams so result was different but it was messy as well

I know Turkish fans are quick to throw shade on Guidetti, but its not entirely his fault

• People overreacting about meaningless games (for Serbia)

I agree that Serbia is still finding their rythm, what I don't like is Guidetti throwing his coaching board out of frustration. That is not helping the team at all.

• One of the best OHs of the world, Bianka Busa, is on her way to be the most roofed player in a single game.

No surprise from my side, we should remind those blinds who were bitching everything in PTT but busa as if she was not just a mediocre player 🤦 we see her true worth, no surprise. Also Lozo seems to be a one-trick pony, she can't kill a ball this season, I guess teams get precautions against her, last year she was an unknown player

• Yeah, I don't believe in the thing where people say, Serbia is nothing without Boskovic. At the end of the day volleyball is a team sport and if Serbia utilizes Boskovic in the best way for them to become world champs than that's a team effort. Almost every team looks worse when 1-2 top players are removed anyway, it's because the differences are minor on this level.

I didn't say they were lucky personally so I won't go in on that.

• there could be such thing as over training maybe? they trained for that long that theyr'e tired by the time they actually play:lol:

They train 8 hours per day everyday so 2 hours of match on the gameday seems easy.

This is offtopic :offtopic:The excessive long training might be one of the reason to cause many Chinese player retire early but that has alway been the tradition. Zhu said recently that her injury is not 100% recovered and she is not capable of catching up with the NT training now, thus she won't join the NT team.

• They train 8 hours per day everyday so 2 hours of match on the gameday seems easy.

This is offtopic :offtopic:The excessive long training might be one of the reason to cause many Chinese player retire early but that has alway been the tradition. Zhu said recently that her injury is not 100% recovered and she is not capable of catching up with the NT training now, thus she won't join the NT team.

It seems Chinese players don't even enjoy playing for the NT, it's more like a national duty.

If Zhu is healthy enough to play a season of pro volleyball but not the NT that says a lot about the situation imo, considering many players have complained about how tiring the leagues are too. CNT must be another level :cheesy: there is definitely such a thing as overtraining though.

• It seems Chinese players don't even enjoy playing for the NT, it's more like a national duty.

If Zhu is healthy enough to play a season of pro volleyball but not the NT that says a lot about the situation imo, considering many players have complained about how tiring the leagues are too. CNT must be another level :cheesy: there is definitely such a thing as overtraining though.

as Lang Ping said; volleyball is their life (for the Chinese players) while when she coached for USA, volleyball is just part of their life. they're more relaxed and things like that.

• It seems Chinese players don't even enjoy playing for the NT, it's more like a national duty.

Speaking of Zhu when will she join Team China

• Speaking of Zhu when will she join Team China

This is still uncertain atm.

Both the coach and federation have invited her to come back but she turned down the invitation cause she wants more time to focus on her recovery. She didn't reveal when she will be back specifically ( Bos confirmed to be back during third week of VNL and Paola confirmed to be back for ECH), just said playing for NT is her priority and she wanted to be join the team as soon as possible after her recovery.

• This is still uncertain atm.

Both the coach and federation have invited her to come back but she turned down the invitation cause she wants more time to focus on her recovery. She didn't reveal when she will be back specifically ( Bos confirmed to be back during third week of VNL and Paola confirmed to be back for ECH), just said playing for NT is her priority and she wanted to be join the team as soon as possible after her recovery.

Rrom the last interview she gave, I understood that Zhu had ruled out her return to the national team this year...

• Does anyone have the stream to the USA-South Korea match?

• I don't enjoy watching Korea at all, I wish we had Vietnam or Indonesia instead of them, even if they lose 3-0 it would feel less pointless and imo we would see a better performance from them then Korea today.