2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• It would break their algorithm, but I still think performances should be rewarded in the rankings like they did in the old rankings.

Germany is punished for making the top 8 of the third most important tournament in the FIVB rankings.

Meanwhile Belgium gets to stay comfy because they're not in the event (and even lost to Sweden x3)

I don’t see how they got punished when they received an opportunity to make more points and move up on the ranking. Sure, it comes with a risk but that is the way life works. On the contrary Belgium got punished by not having an opportunity to gain points and move up on the world ranking.

• okay? lol

USA has played the VNL like this for four years now... and they've won it three times... I think Karch knows more than us on the internet lol

Wow first time i see you accept that Karch knows better than you do 😏😂

• Yeah, but i dont speak how great we are doing atm :lol:

Well you can't because your team plays boring boskoball and even that doesn't seem to be enough to beat Dominican republic :lol:

• Well you can't because your team plays boring boskoball and even that doesn't seem to be enough to beat Dominican republic :lol:

and how many times has turkey lost to boring bosko ball ? Lmfao please. Enjoy your 5 minutes to celebrate that turkey did better than us at something. You’ve been waiting a long long time. (Also it’s VNL Lmao It This is the biggest thing Turkey can achieve then….)

• and how many times has turkey lost to boring bosko ball ? Lmfao please. Enjoy your 5 minutes to celebrate that turkey did better than us at something. You’ve been waiting a long long time.

Well you enjoy a few last wins you can have against turkey, Turkey is up and coming for medals in a few years with Santarelli at the lead. Good luck with Guidetti ruining the team 🥰

• I don’t see how they got punished when they received an opportunity to make more points and move up on the ranking. Sure, it comes with a risk but that is the way life works. On the contrary Belgium got punished by not having an opportunity to gain points and move up on the world ranking.

sure they get the opportunity to get more… but if we’re being honest, most of the time the lower seed is going to lose points.

Canada benefits from not making the finals because they’re not gonna lose 6-10 points in the first round. Same with the Dutch… sure they could gain some../ but they’d probably lose them again in the semifinals/bronze match.

Maybe it’s just a difference of philosophy/or whatever. That’s how I see it

• only until he brings Bajema and/or Plummer to the finals

I'm sure he will bring at least one of them😂

• sure they get the opportunity to get more… but if we’re being honest, most of the time the lower seed is going to lose points.

Canada benefits from not making the finals because they’re not gonna lose 6-10 points in the first round. Same with the Dutch… sure they could gain some../ but they’d probably lose them again in the semifinals/bronze match.

Maybe it’s just a difference of philosophy/or whatever. That’s how I see it

I agree. Overall I think the new world ranking system is a good idea, but IMO single results have too much impact. One surprising result can screw up the whole thing, just look at how close 9th-12th rank are and those are going to be the ranks that will fight for the last spots in OG. DOM's wins agains China and Serbia gave them a major boost, which in some way is fair, but imagine those are going to be the points that will get them the OG tickets. Are two tie-break wins against higher-ranked teams in VNL enough reason to make the Olympics even though overall they didn't qualify for the finals? I don't think so...

• That female interviewer is so creepy =O

• Well you can't because your team plays boring boskoball and even that doesn't seem to be enough to beat Dominican republic :lol:

boring boskoball

24/44 china

34/50 germany
    27/49 domenicana

entertaining vargas no ball

26/38 domenicana (set less)

21/45 usa

21/43 poland

Its really a big difference? And also Vargas was subbed with karakurt in double sub, so you can add more balls to team OPP.

And i dont care about Vargas attacking 21 balls vs Korea.