2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• We have such girls in every village.

I can undersand that western people don t have sense of humor, but you are from Serbia and in Serbia humor is one of the few things that works, inlike most things.

Just picked another country now, but still going :D:gone: yeah, at least volleyball works in Serbia, unlike in our north-western neighbour’s country :) Like you said, sorry but it’s the truth

• Isn't it tiring that whenever there's a conversation about women's sport there always has to be that one person who for whatever reason mentions looks like that has anything to do wwith anything? It's so lame

Well, when we are talking about volleyball, i have impression that there is more talk about male than female athletes in this type of context. :)

• German women are too ugly for eurovision and showbusiness.

Sorry, but this is a fact.

As if there's not just enogh unecessary beef in here...

italy eith 2 awful setters

Batte is just TERRIBLE

Well, Fanni wasn't helping them much considering how long he took him to do something about Esposito's horrible passing (on the other hand, props to her in maintaining composure and playing a very good game attacking wise). Surely they're not future senior NT material, for me at least, but today way too many things seemed to turn against Italy. Luckily, afer a shocking start, the whole team pulled itself together and managed to get the job done.

• Well, when we are talking about volleyball, i have impression that there is more talk about male than female athletes in this type of context. :)

well but also there's a difference between saying someone's cute which is an positive thing and saying something as rude and immature as all women from Germany are ugly. That's why I made this comment here and not on a Volleyball World Instagram page on the 100th post about Yuki Ishikawa

• Tie break between Brazil and USA

• USA won.

Brazilian Líbero did a really bad job. I fully understand the reception weakness of this team. Larissa has a good physical condition to become a good Opp imo. She needs to improve her mentality.She didn’t call the game. She is just there and quiet. She already played this competition. Playing a lot seems a good deal for her. The setters were very limited. Ppl here complained about Italian setter and she would been a huge improvement in BRA NT lol. Too bad Líbero and setter position were far from a good standard. The others position were in a good level imo. Isabella dropped her performance but is expected when the team is playing only in position 4.

• I couldn't actually watch the game, I was just checking the live score from time to time. Too bad they couldn't keep the momentum from turning the fourth set around, but you know what? It's fine.

To be completely honest, this U19 generation always felt quite a bit weaker than the current U21 generation. Like I literally do not care if the U21 team flops at the WCH this year because I KNOW at least 4 or 5 of those girls have serious potential to do well at the senior level, but I wasn't sure what to expect from the U19 girls. Well, now that the tournament is over, I can say that I see talent here, even if the team overall is still a bit green, so I'm happy. Winning trophies is nice and all, but like this team won this tournament in 2009, and how many names would non Brazilians recognize from that line up? The team that had Ana Cristina, Julia Bergmann, Julia Kudiess, Kisy, Tainara and more did much worse in 2019, but no one in their right mind would call the 2009 generation more successful than them.

• I really liked the US team. Their middles looked good at set 2 and 3 and then they looked amateurish in rest until that slider girl started hit insanely. I love how these youngsters in US play like their A team, almost the same system, speed etc. Especially the OHs were great, they could use the ball well in attacking which is special for this age group. Only player I would criticise is the setter who seemed to be much worse than rest of the team and she was the reason why everyone was getting blocked and making errors in attacking at set 4. Also someone should teach her how to dump a 2nd ball :S

On Brazilian side, I have not seen a worse libero for a long time. Not to ruin the poor girls career but couldn't a volleyball country like Brazil find a better libero than her? She was targeted all match by the US servers and was receiving terribly.

USA-Italy will be a duel of OHs and bad setters I think. I think USA might win.

For Turkey-Japan, I think Japan might be in favor. Turkey relies alot on serves while receiving bad and seems like only the opposite can attack. I am sure Japan will stop her in block-defense since she is a relatively short opposite and can't go over the block. Lets see who will serve better!

• I really liked the US team. Their middles looked good at set 2 and 3 and then they looked amateurish in rest until that slider girl started hit insanely. I love how these youngsters in US play like their A team, almost the same system, speed etc. Especially the OHs were great, they could use the ball well in attacking which is special for this age group. Only player I would criticise is the setter who seemed to be much worse than rest of the team and she was the reason why everyone was getting blocked and making errors in attacking at set 4. Also someone should teach her how to dump a 2nd ball :S

On Brazilian side, I have not seen a worse libero for a long time. Not to ruin the poor girls career but couldn't a volleyball country like Brazil find a better libero than her? She was targeted all match by the US servers and was receiving terribly.

USA-Italy will be a duel of OHs and bad setters I think. I think USA might win.

im not really sure why she's (the setter) playing without being changed... she's 16 and way less experienced than the backup. Other than she's 191.

USA is gonna be gassed. Both OHs had over 50 swings tonight.

• German women are too ugly for eurovision and showbusiness.

Sorry, but this is a fact.

Croatian users are too dumb for a volleyball forum.

• I couldn't actually watch the game, I was just checking the live score from time to time. Too bad they couldn't keep the momentum from turning the fourth set around, but you know what? It's fine.

To be completely honest, this U19 generation always felt quite a bit weaker than the current U21 generation. Like I literally do not care if the U21 team flops at the WCH this year because I KNOW at least 4 or 5 of those girls have serious potential to do well at the senior level, but I wasn't sure what to expect from the U19 girls. Well, now that the tournament is over, I can say that I see talent here, even if the team overall is still a bit green, so I'm happy. Winning trophies is nice and all, but like this team won this tournament in 2009, and how many names would non Brazilians recognize from that line up? The team that had Ana Cristina, Julia Bergmann, Julia Kudiess, Kisy, Tainara and more did much worse in 2019, but no one in their right mind would call the 2009 generation more successful than them.

Brazil has been living in the past in youth program. Italy, Turkey and Russian are way betters now.

You mentioned exceptions. A winner (silver medalist in last competition) team that nobody turn out to be a big deal on NT. But if you look on the others winners teams in the past for sure a lot of players did good in senior career.

But I totally agree in the fact that the age categories shouldn’t focus only in winning but improving good prospects (based on Height and skill).

we know that the development of tall players might be late (Julia B for example). But it’s something valuable to give opportunities to this kind of players.

But Brazil has been doing bad constantly and not because are investing in the future.

IMO Results in Age categories matters.

Look at Italy men’s NT. Such an young and glorious team. No matter what competition we are watching in age categories we already know that Italy will have at least a decent team capable of winning even if isn’t favorite. And the team will have good prospects either.

Brazil had in those U-19 competition ( girls and boys) only short setters with limited technical skills. The Líberos from men’s U21 and women’s U 19 I have no words. I think that this is a problem! Brazil isn’t focus neither in winning or producing great prospects!

The team from Kisy, Julia B, Julia K and Ana Cristina didn’t win the competition but weren’t playing bad either. The team was 5 or 6 if I am not mistaken. Kisy did a good tournament. The Julia K and Ana Cristina were more younger than the others. So Brazil had a tall team full of younger players. Brazil won a game against Russia who finished in a better position.