Japan Women's NT 2023

• I also want Shimamura to return to the main team. Manabe did her dirty this time and for what.. for Irisawa to do what? stand there and support Yamada? Like Araki said before she bowed out, Shimamura is one of the most genuine players she's come across and I think in terms of value she's like the women's version of Akihiro (did I spell that right?)

• Is it the same type of brace that stysiak wears?

There was some discussion about it here a while ago with pictures. I believe someone identified it. I don't know what Stysiak wears. I did a quick search for "knee brace" in this thread but it didn't come up. Could have been in another thread or ... ?

• RAN's management will now be managing Nagaoka which has been confirmed by JVA via VolleyTomo.

https://rantakahashi.com/#/

https://miyunagaoka.com/#/

From PR Times: Nagaoka had the 2nd highest domestic sales after Koga and the only Hinotori member with a massive extended merch sale in Thailand during and post-VNL.

• this timing is a bit off but okay get that money

• Isn't Ran managed by Shunichi Kawai? I think Shimizu is also part of that agency making Miyu the first female in that agency. I was hoping she'd join Saori's Sports Biz agency once she retires.

• Hint for what?

that she will stay in the nt til paris. why else would she need her own management before she retires? doesn't make sense. ishii and shinnabe are not even with any agencies. their activities are still largely handled by hisamitsu.

• the women's overall merch sales are only 1/3 if not less of the men's overall sales. their oqt merch probably didn't do so well either. it's well known to ryujin fans that jva earns more from international sales especially in thailand and philipines compared to their domestic sales. the women's members outside of nagaoka doesn't have a huge international following. mayu has potential but she hasn't been as active.

• Watching the two Firenze games with Ishikawa I am sure this will be a great experience for her to further increase her value also in NT. She is taking a lot of responsibility in attack and struggles more with the receiving which is a bit surprising. She also go for back spike a lot. She doesn't look that short even if she plays with this tall team actually.

However she is still cursed with getting stuffed blocked on deciding points. Happened in the last five setter. 🥴

• It’s is not very nice to say these things about Malaysia just because you think someone is Malaysian and said something you don’t agree with. I live in Malaysia... do come for a visit and you’ll find Malaysians are not at all like what you’ve describe them.

Very very late but I just saw what's going on and just want to say

1) I can't believe that user is Malaysian. What a way to give us Malaysians a bad name :down::hit:

2) If yall ever come to Malaysia, hit Julian and I up! We'll bring yall around for a mini tour heh

3) Parenthood is not easy, whether you're an athlete or otherwise. People all have different aspirations, goals, and motivations in life. Just because a number of people choose to get married and have kids instead of continuing their career does not make them "submissive" or whatever bullshit, nor does it mean that their life after volleyball is 1000% immediately, confirmedly homemaker or housewife or whatever term you want to use. You cannot paint everyone with the same brush.

4) Society is complicated. Best not to comment too strongly on things that you don't really know about. Better still to ask and listen to real experiences rather than what you personally perceive, as it can be biased.

• just as I've been saying. people here are quacking for me quoting a general fact. and it's sad that people see housewife as something less of womanhood. women empowerment means a woman should not be shamed for her choices. whether they want to have a career or choose to be a stay at home wife / mom.

• just as I've been saying. people here are quacking for me quoting a general fact. and it's sad that people see housewife as something less of womanhood. women empowerment means a woman should not be shamed for her choices. whether they want to have a career or choose to be a stay at home wife / mom.

I think it's best not to push it as a "general fact" and just say it's a phenomenon that happens.

That being said, you're not wrong, you're not right. Just a misunderstanding, no issue bud

• I think it's best not to push it as a "general fact" and just say it's a phenomenon that happens.

That being said, you're not wrong, you're not right. Just a misunderstanding, no issue bud

What that person said is wrong. She's 100% wrong. That;s like calling all you malaysian women slaves. It's wrong period anyone who stays neutral on the suibject of bringing down women is wrong.

• What that person said is wrong. She's 100% wrong. That;s like calling all you malaysian women slaves. It's wrong period anyone who stays neutral on the suibject of bringing down women is wrong.

again. how dare you saying that a housewife is equivalent to being a slave. are you listening to yourself right now? you're the onw who's bringing women down. if a woman chose to be a housewife because that's what she wants or if that's the best set up for the family, that's slavery to you?

as oppose to what? slaving for a big company that can replace you anytime anyday?

please. hahaha. you probably think you're progressive here. hahahha. you are misogynistic.

same with you sean1