Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• I totally agree.Caterina is a great player.I think Vakif are going to play a different style of game next year.Sure Caterina is not Gabi.

You think she'll fit on cansu's moonball type if set? I'm worried the timing because markova is very tall and for sure it will be high balls. Bosetti/frantti is a type of players who play better on a fast set. Lol

• Exaggerations. Bosetti was an all around top player before her injury in 2021. And now is one of the top OH in the reception and defense and her attack is still at least decent or even better than this. Also is GREAT at setting and generally really technically gifted.

Nobody is expected from her to carry the team just like Gabi did in the past because she has a lack of athleticism but she can be pretty nice. Sure it could be better if they had a turkish OH like Ilkin , Hande or Tugba ( specially because they would be abke to use the foreign MB) but they can still able to win with her if Markova and Kiera will be in good shape.

Ok, maybe I exaggerate, but in the end they are opinions...

Instead, the fact that Bosetti tore her left ACL in 2018, not in 2021 is a fact and if you don't at least know the facts, it could be a problem to have opinions credible...

I however reiterate what I said: the fact that the Italian national team depends on Bosetti is only a sign of the big problems we have in the OH position and, regarding what will happen to VB, I think we will be able to discuss it in the next 12 months...

• Ok, maybe I exaggerate, but in the end they are opinions...

Instead, the fact that Bosetti tore her left ACL in 2018, not in 2021 is a fact and if you don't at least know the facts, it could be a problem to have opinions credible...

I however reiterate what I said: the fact that the Italian national team depends on Bosetti is only a sign of the big problems we have in the OH position and, regarding what will happen to VB, I think we will be able to discuss it in the next 12 months...

I remember when she tore her ACL but the summer before the Olympics had also an injury which was responsible for the drop of her performace. Also had an other after the Olympics just I do not remember exactly what it was. She came back in full power after her ACL in 2018 but never came back in full power after this. Probably you forgot the facts because I was talking about this injuries and not about the ACL of 2018.

• I remember when she tore her ACL but the summer before the Olympics had also an injury which was responsible for the drop of her performace. Also had an other after the Olympics just I do not remember exactly what it was. She came back in full power after her ACL in 2018 but never came back in full power after this. Probably you forgot the facts because I was talking about this injuries and not about the ACL of 2018.

Again... There was no injury in 2020 and that year everything stopped due to COVID... in the 20/21 Italian Championship, she always and regularly played for Novara in all events... In the summer of 2021, after the disastrous Olympics, Kate Bosetti missed the European Championship because during a weights session with the national team a dumbbell fell on her toe and fractured it and Italy, without her, won (dominating) the event... Bosetti showed up perfectly fit for the start of the 21/22 Italian Championship and, again, always and regularly played for Novara in all events...

• Post by side.out ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • You think she'll fit on cansu's moonball type if set? I'm worried the timing because markova is very tall and for sure it will be high balls. Bosetti/frantti is a type of players who play better on a fast set. Lol

Have you ever watched Cansu’s matches? Just watch how she sets to Frantti and Caratasu. She is very talented setter and can set how a player wants.

• I just saw that the other Busto Arsizio is in the promotion playoff finals. Would they take the A1 spot if they get it?

Also IMO promotion playoffs should be played in like late February/early March at the latest. They can even start the season a bit earlier since the vast majority of A2 players don't have NT duties. Staying up after getting promoted is hard enough as it is, but with how fast-paced the transfer market has become, it is almost impossible to build a competitive team if you don't know for sure which division you're playing before the end of club season.

• I just saw that the other Busto Arsizio is in the promotion playoff finals. Would they take the A1 spot if they get it?

It's an unrelated team from the same city, not a b team of the one in A1 so yes they would get an A1 spot if they win (which is likely, they are the favorite in the final)

But yeah A2 is finishing way too late, new teams can't get any decent local by that point. They should either cut the teams or have an easier formula cause right now it's just bad

• I just noticed the crazy numbers Plummer kept throughout the series against Novara: she basically never had an efficency lower than 50%. Barbolini must find a way to wear her down and keep Conegliano out of system as much as possible.

The meteoric rise of Plummer in the semis was sensational and entirely out of the blue. She had over 60% in attack in all three matches in the semis. In the 1st game she had 14/23 and then 16/24 and 14/23 in the third.

What makes her performance so sensational is the fact that she only had over 50% in attack in one game prior to the semis, i.e during the entire regular season as well as the quarter-final.

• The meteoric rise of Plummer in the semis was sensational and entirely out of the blue. She had over 60% in attack in all three matches in the semis. In the 1st game she had 14/23 and then 16/24 and 14/23 in the third.

What makes her performance so sensational is the fact that she only had over 50% in attack in one game prior to the semis, i.e during the entire regular season as well as the quarter-final.

I'm not really impressed by her attack, because I had the chance to follow her 4 seasons at Stanford, when she was the go-to player of the team. The most impressive aspect of her game that she receives tons of the services from the other team every single game and still has incredible spiking efficiency.

That 67% the second game, when she received 40 out of 80 services is just incredible.

• Post by beno ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I'm not really impressed by her attack, because I had the chance to follow her 4 seasons at Stanford, when she was the go-to player of the team. The most impressive aspect of her game that she receives tons of the services from the other team every single game and still has incredible spiking efficiency.

That 67% the second game, when she received 40 out of 80 services is just incredible.

Agree with this too and Conegliano was right to be patient enough to wait until she caught up to her potential. Let's see how she plays in thr final series, CL and national team.

• We will see what is Plummer capable of next season. Adams and Gray kinda flopped in Eczacibasi.

And both adams/gray came from imoco and now plummer 😅 I don't know if there is someone responsible in developing player but i hope Eczacibasi have that kind of staff who is responsible for that. Adams/Gray didn't improved their passing at all.

• The whole Scandicci isn't looking bad to be honest. Now they're wasting a bit too much but until now they did the right things to keep the match close: good serving to keep Conegliano out of the system as much as possible and good sets for their fire mouths.