Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Whoever wins this season will play for asian club(forgot the name of tournament) and if they win will play for the club championship later this year. Is this correct.

No. The participation is a year/season late. Hisamitsu won in 2022 and participated in 2023. NEC Red Rockets won in 2023 and will participate in the Asian Club Championship this 2024. NEC already posted about it. They will join, but will miss Kurowashiki which is after that tournament.

I'm not sure what their lineup would look like though, specially since VNL is earlier this year than last year. Last year, the National Team training camp is already ongoing during the tournament, so most of those who made the NT wide roster missed it.

• No. The participation is a year/season late. Hisamitsu won in 2022 and participated in 2023. NEC Red Rockets won in 2023 and will participate in the Asian Club Championship this 2024. NEC already posted about it. They will join, but will miss Kurowashiki which is after that tournament.

I'm not sure what their lineup would look like though, specially since VNL is earlier this year than last year. Last year, the National Team training camp is already ongoing during the tournament, so most of those who made the NT wide roster missed it.

iirc nagaoka and nakagawa were the only ones not present during the club championship. i dont even know why nakagawa wasnt there. nishimura and araki were still able to play despite being included in the wide roster. they joined the training camp last.

• with majority of teams having mostly young players i dont think we'll be seeing a lot of goodbyes despite it being an olympic year. more married players are choosing to remain active which is a good sign "the nishida effect" as vbm puts it.

but i think sakae and yamagishi will retire already. kawashima by all means should retire she's practically acting as a 2nd coach for okayama. and maybe yabuta too she's no longer active at toyota. as for wada i hope she leaves jt and goes to a team where she can be the star she deserves to be.

• iirc nagaoka and nakagawa were the only ones not present during the club championship. i dont even know why nakagawa wasnt there. nishimura and araki were still able to play despite being included in the wide roster. they joined the training camp last.

Nakagawa and Hirayama are both in the NT training camp. Nishimura joined because they don’t have any libero left, although she did eventually miss most of the tournament for some reason (as in totally not there so likely went home earlier or idk) and Shirasawa played libero 🤣

I still liked that tournament though because we’ve seen Ayane Kitamado be the main OH and top scorer in some games 🔥

• Regardless of the outcome of the Denso vs Saga pity match I'm just happy that Rosamaria finally has her supply of matcha ceremonial grade tea which she said was given to her by Denso she's been talking about matcha since 2020. I think their setter Julia? has one too.

Also just wanted to share my brother told me that the season before the Rio OQT, Toray Arrows was in the semis but got eliminated by Nakada's team. Nagaoka's ball accidentally hit Saori in the face (he can't remember what place they got) but he said he clearly remembers Saori sobbing like crazy but everyone assumed it was cause she got hit by a ball. I wasn't a fan of any Japanese players back then.

• Regardless of the outcome of the Denso vs Saga pity match I'm just happy that Rosamaria finally has her supply of matcha ceremonial grade tea which she said was given to her by Denso she's been talking about matcha since 2020. I think their setter Julia? has one too.

Also just wanted to share my brother told me that the season before the Rio OQT, Toray Arrows was in the semis but got eliminated by Nakada's team. Nagaoka's ball accidentally hit Saori in the face (he can't remember what place they got) but he said he clearly remembers Saori sobbing like crazy but everyone assumed it was cause she got hit by a ball. I wasn't a fan of any Japanese players back then.

Toray was defeated by Hisamitsu during the season before Rio. She still made the next season but was defeated by NEC that was the time she had announced her retirement as club fans were already criticizing Toray for being too Saoris-centric not nurturing their bench players blah blah blah typical morons rushing veterans to go away so future Haruko stars can start building their reputation. Kurogo was already in Toray at that time. Saori wasn't able to get Toray to championships during her last active years and they were so close to getting a medal at Rio but well. It was not the exit she wanted obviously that's why she didn't hesitate to retire.

• Ball grazing the face was pretty common at that time it was like a spook touch for their opponents with Nagaoka, Hisae from Hitachi, and Koga being the most likely to cause it but I don't think anyone has ever truly been hit with a ball straight to the face certainly not Saori. Her face is a Japanese treasure there would've been a huge public outrage lol

• I want Airi to move to Ageo

JT's Higashi did well this season. I don't think she's had any Usquad background? I want to see her get called in the NT for the B team and Iwasaki be promoted back to A.

• Ball grazing the face was pretty common at that time it was like a spook touch for their opponents with Nagaoka, Hisae from Hitachi, and Koga being the most likely to cause it but I don't think anyone has ever truly been hit with a ball straight to the face certainly not Saori. Her face is a Japanese treasure there would've been a huge public outrage lol

You forgot the iconic freakwhacker Akari Oumi from NEC. Terrifyingly strong which was rare for uni players back then. The real meaning of short but terrible. Blasted balls like a son of a gun. She had a brief stint as a referee after retiring. One of my all time faves. It's such a shame she was too short. The other problem with her is that she didn't have a lot of patience and after 2 shut downs she would give up easily. Not a rally girl.

• I want Airi to move to Ageo

JT's Higashi did well this season. I don't think she's had any Usquad background? I want to see her get called in the NT for the B team and Iwasaki be promoted back to A.

I like Mina Higashi. I thought she was a libero initially. She makes it easy for Tanaka and it wasn't always that way for her. A very hit or miss OH but Higashi gets her.

• You forgot the iconic freakwhacker Akari Oumi from NEC. Terrifyingly strong which was rare for uni players back then. The real meaning of short but terrible. Blasted balls like a son of a gun. She had a brief stint as a referee after retiring. One of my all time faves. It's such a shame she was too short. The other problem with her is that she didn't have a lot of patience and after 2 shut downs she would give up easily. Not a rally girl.

I loved her. Not my favorite but I enjoyed her style. Oumi's deal was that she was gonna give the opponents bazooka spikes for at least 2 sets anything after that, don't expect her to score as much which is where Koga came in perfectly unless they used Oumi as sub she was a total nightmare. She was kinda easy to target since she isn't persistent like you said also unlike sakoda her serve/back row isn't as explosive. Reception was meh. Still NEC was fun because of her.