Japan Women's NT 2024

• That's the most bizarre thing ever. They did better when Kojima was main libero they almost beat Brazil in the QF then they flopped last season and lost again to Brazil

Stevanovic rattled Kojima. Her entire body froze midgame. I think it was Fukudome who ended up finishing the game but that parts fuzzy. Nishimura is the new Shinnabe but she has yet to prove she's main libero material in the NT

• Which one of these wing spikers are oh and which ones are opps? Or can they all receive and attack both sides?

• Which one of these wing spikers are oh and which ones are opps? Or can they all receive and attack both sides?

All are OHs except Hayashi but she has the best reception among all the spikers. I'm not too familiar with Yoshino Sato since she's a college player and the last time I saw her all she made were errors

They are all OHs, but that's just how they do it in Japan in almost all teams :lol:

If based on the positions they played in the league this season...

OPP: Wada, Kurogo

If based on the positions they played in their most recent (seniors) National Team appearance...

OPP: Hayashi, Wada, Kurogo, Sato

but all 4 of these players also sometimes play OH in their club or NT. Hayashi is a starting OH of her team but is also the starting Opp of Japan NT.

• They have just only VNL and OG in their NT schedule. I think 24 member in the roster will be a ready to use to continue the Manabe's strategy since the beginning. Like they aiming for Paris. all newbie and young blood should come again next year.

• Did Canada make the biggest leap? I don't know their players well except for Van Ryk and the one who played in Ageo before but who knows if it's still the same squad. They weren't a threat before but they are now given Japan's current ranking

• Did Canada make the biggest leap? I don't know their players well except for Van Ryk and the one who played in Ageo before but who knows if it's still the same squad. They weren't a threat before but they are now given Japan's current ranking

They had some big upsets last year. They won over Serbia and Brazil in the VNL, then won over China and Netherlands in the OQT, among other wins. At least those are the ones with the bigger points iirc.

• Japan is training Uni-Girls for the Eastern Zonal Tournament held August 13–18 in Hong Kong

# Name 氏名 School

Height(cm)

Position

Mion Hirose

廣瀬美音

NSSU 3

OH

Shiori Mitome

三留汐利

Gifu Kyoritsu 3

OH

Rina Yamaji

山地梨菜

Pacific Rim 3

OH

Yuka Yoshimura

吉村優花

Juntendo 3

OH

Aimi Tsuzuki

都築愛未

Meikai 2

OH

Yui Hamamura

濱村ゆい

TWCPE 2

OH

Akane Abe

阿部明音

Tsukuba 1

OH

Misuzu Takahashi

高橋美鈴

Aoyama 3

OP

Yuka Hori

堀由佳

Tezukayama 2

OP

Ayaka Sato

佐藤彩夏

TWCPE 1

OP/OH

Rino Takizawa

瀧澤凛乃

Tsukuba 1

OP/OH

Yuka Iwashima

岩島由佳

TWCPE 3

MB

Karen Edokuporo

エドックポロ かれん

Aoyama 3

MB

Naka Hasebe

長谷部奈香

Nihon 3

MB

Riza Lopes

呂比州理紗

NSSU 3

MB

Rin Honda

本田凛

Tsukuba 2

MB

Haruka Yamashita

山下遥華

NIFS 2

MB

Emily Iiyama

飯山エミリ

Tokai 1

MB

Hinano Onoue

尾上雛乃

Tokai 2

S

Saki Iwamoto

岩本沙希

NSSU 1

S

Niina Kumagai

熊谷仁依奈

Tsukuba 1

S

Natsumi Kodama

児玉奈津美

Juntendo 3

L

Haruka Nakamura

中村悠

Tsukuba 3

L

Hinata Niinaga

新永日菜詩

NSSU 1

L

The school year listed will go up one year in a couple weeks

• I've read somewhere that her nationality is still Philippines. Given that she needs 2 years more after citizenship approval, i think they are more like training materials for Japan NT more than anything.

• I've read somewhere that her nationality is still Philippines. Given that she needs 2 years more after citizenship approval, i think they are more like training materials for Japan NT more than anything.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Jaja did not get citizenship yet, even before Coach Taka clarified it. That would make the news in the Philippines for sure :lol:

My question on citizenship is more for Melissa since I've seen posts asking why she is not in the NT. So there, they are both not eligible yet.

• Yes, I'm pretty sure Jaja did not get citizenship yet, even before Coach Taka clarified it. That would make the news in the Philippines for sure :lol:

My question on citizenship is more for Melissa since I've seen posts asking why she is not in the NT. So there, they are both not eligible yet.

I felt i've been hearing about Melissa for a long time. if the process takes sooo long.. they'll probably never make it to NT by the time they're approved. Haha

• Yes, I'm pretty sure Jaja did not get citizenship yet, even before Coach Taka clarified it. That would make the news in the Philippines for sure :lol:

It would be a wise decision for Valdes to leave PFU first and foremost but since their coach was the one who said that they'll help her goal to make the NT she might not actually be able to go elsewhere. Also, Nikkan and Number magazine have both listed her as a possible option so JVA already knows what to do with her since both publications get their sources directly from the federation unlike Sportiva

• Getting way ahead here but fast forward to "Path to LA 2028" should the women's team do worse than Nakada (if they even reach that point) and maybe Koga retires and only Ishikawa and Hayashi are left as aces by that time their new coach will need to resort to more aggressive options and not leftovers like kurogo

I'm talking Kitamado possibly Kasai and whoever manages to save Toray. Valdes can enter by then which is better for someone like her since that'll be a longer process than both Tokyo and Paris

• Getting way ahead here but fast forward to "Path to LA 2028" should the women's team do worse than Nakada (if they even reach that point) and maybe Koga retires and only Ishikawa and Hayashi are left as aces by that time their new coach will need to resort to more aggressive options and not leftovers like kurogo

I'm talking Kitamado possibly Kasai and whoever manages to save Toray. Valdes can enter by then which is better for someone like her since that'll be a longer process than both Tokyo and Paris

Road to Tokyo took 5 years they had an extra year due to the pandemic but with injuries happening left and right forcing Shinnabe to retire and eventually Miya Sato there was so much cramming by 2019. Nakada was forced to make ishii sub due to Saga's declining seasons but had also made the grave mistake in overestimating Kurogo thinking she could lead the offense/carry the team in any way so it really went nowhere.

So to me personally putting Kurogo in the roster in time for Paris is a bad omen

• Niida>>>>>

Nonaka>>

On another note, it was smart of Seki to make this deal and escape to Italy regardless of the results of the Olympics. And of course Mayu will keep growing there as well.

• Road to Tokyo took 5 years they had an extra year due to the pandemic but with injuries happening left and right forcing Shinnabe to retire and eventually Miya Sato there was so much cramming by 2019. Nakada was forced to make ishii sub due to Saga's declining seasons but had also made the grave mistake in overestimating Kurogo thinking she could lead the offense/carry the team in any way so it really went nowhere.

So to me personally putting Kurogo in the roster in time for Paris is a bad omen

I'm connecting it to Valdes if she officially joined the NT this year then it would be another chaotic last option as oppose to her joining the NT post-Paris is what I mean