Japan Women's NT 2024

• I've honestly been curious about Miyabe and Matsui since I wasn't able to see any of their matches this season but now that attention has shifted to Kurogo and her ill prepared "comeback" no more mention of Inoue which was expected since they got V2'd but now even Hayashi is getting unfairly cast aside.

Wada was nowhere in the friendly match photos but I swear if she doesn't get picked for VNL and Kurogo creeps in I'm boycotting JVA as a whole I'm not wasting my time

It's not just kuro. He brought back Yamagishi for what? Nakada didn't even give that many chances to Toe and Toe didn't suck as badly as Yamagishi did the last time she bombed at VNL.

• Kill / block / deadly serve / nuke pipe is ideal just like with her predecessors sakoda and nagaoka. i think wada will eventually perfect that deadly serve.

So far for pipe koga is the strongest and serve is mayu reception obviously hayashi but none of the middles are good at blocks

You forgot oos. She has to keep up with that otherwise Hayashi can pretty much deal with the heavier load on the right.

For example Nishida can be destructive but Ran is so much better with oos and he's got good reception too. The very reason Ran was able to secure his spot over Yanagida period.

Airi is an offensive mb with good reception so I would like to see more from her alongside Yamada

• I've honestly been curious about Miyabe and Matsui since I wasn't able to see any of their matches this season but now that attention has shifted to Kurogo and her ill prepared "comeback" no more mention of Inoue which was expected since they got V2'd but now even Hayashi is getting unfairly cast aside.

Wada was nowhere in the friendly match photos but I swear if she doesn't get picked for VNL and Kurogo creeps in I'm boycotting JVA as a whole I'm not wasting my time

Looks like you'll have to boycott because Wada is no longer part of the camp

• They're now at Satsumasendai

So these are the updated members

Minus

Valdes, Santiago, Wada, Nishimura, Neckagawa :wavy:

Inoue is covered by Mayu's hat?

• Same because she’s absent since the Red vs White and NECkagawa is still there :lol:

I don't know how to embed a story is that even possible but you can watch the videos of them here https://www.instagram.com/stories/japan.volleyball/

I saw a tweet that it's become a ritual of national teams to do before big games the OHTANI KABUTO HAT CEREMONY that large hat that mayu's wearing on the screenshot I posted. I doubt they would miss out on that.

Last year they did that hat ceremony too but the whole roster from the presscon were all there at the satsumasendai camp. They got cut a couple days before they left for VNL.

• I'll stick around to see how they do with their first match against Turkey and if Kurogo ends up taking Hayashi's starting position. I can't stand the idea that her comeback could be a bad omen on an already impossible task for this team but should Manabe put his blind faith on Kurogo this VNL then I can truly say he's far worse than Nakada.

I too have no time for that.

• I'll stick around to see how they do with their first match against Turkey and if Kurogo ends up taking Hayashi's starting position. I can't stand the idea that her comeback could be a bad omen on an already impossible task for this team but should Manabe put his blind faith on Kurogo this VNL then I can truly say he's far worse than Nakada.

I too have no time for that.

This could just be a hype tactic that Manabe has been doing since 2022. He also took Miyashita and Nagaoka overseas then dropped them eventually. Miyashita didn't even make VNL she lasted only until their stop in Paris for a friendly match which she didn't participate in. These are all well known players with solid NT rep and a lot of fans waiting for them. Who is he gonna hype after Ishikawa and Koga when the rest don't have that kind of popularity? just saying. It could be a diversion. But again I'm only picking this up with his pattern of doing this hype marketing with popular players. That's what he's always been known for.

• This could just be a hype tactic that Manabe has been doing since 2022. He also took Miyashita and Nagaoka overseas then dropped them eventually. Miyashita didn't even make VNL she lasted only until their stop in Paris for a friendly match which she didn't participate in. These are all well known players with solid NT rep and a lot of fans waiting for them. Who is he gonna hype after Ishikawa and Koga when the rest don't have that kind of popularity? just saying. It could be a diversion. But again I'm only picking this up with his pattern of doing this hype marketing with popular players. That's what he's always been known for.

Miyashita's last stop was VNL Philippines but she never played just subbed once I think.

• Miyashita's last stop was VNL Philippines but she never played just subbed once I think.

Oh right well there you go she was with them but didn't play an active role so my guess is that it's the same for Kurogo who will only be there as support or they can sacrifice her as the 13th/14th player if they qualify

• Oh right well there you go she was with them but didn't play an active role so my guess is that it's the same for Kurogo who will only be there as support or they can sacrifice her as the 13th/14th player if they qualify

That's not gonna happen her ego is too big to be the sacrifice. She'll have to go on another mental health hiatus if they did that to her and then go racing back to another pre-Olympic cycle in 2027 for a spot in Yoshihara's team

• This could just be a hype tactic that Manabe has been doing since 2022. He also took Miyashita and Nagaoka overseas then dropped them eventually. Miyashita didn't even make VNL she lasted only until their stop in Paris for a friendly match which she didn't participate in. These are all well known players with solid NT rep and a lot of fans waiting for them. Who is he gonna hype after Ishikawa and Koga when the rest don't have that kind of popularity? just saying. It could be a diversion. But again I'm only picking this up with his pattern of doing this hype marketing with popular players. That's what he's always been known for.

This does makes sense but that doesnt make it any less annoying

• Like I said in the V League thread Wada didn't play actively so I wasn't expecting anything from her this year. She has a better chance by the next turnover provided JT also puts her to work and not just a shadow. You can't expect people to cling to one performance without consistency.