Serbian Women's NT 2024

• WTF is happening with Serbia again!!! It is a big mistake the fact that they ar enot going to play in VNL. The team will be out of rythme in the Olympic games.

nah they have plenty of time with friendlies with Russia and training. Plus the main outsides are going to VNL. I’m simply not worried that players the caliber Boskovic maja and Drca are gonna be out of rhythm not playing VNL

• Did what?

there was a NT years ago which had a different roster for the OG and I think it was the WGP. let me check this again because it was years ago :D

• WTF is happening with Serbia again!!! It is a big mistake the fact that they ar enot going to play in VNL. The team will be out of rythme in the Olympic games.

Also Busa should have been in VNL roster for 100%. She is in the worst shape of her life and will be really bad if she will stay without matches for so long.

I might agree with your added part that Busa shoulda been included but she’s not been nearly as bad as you’re making her out to be

• I might agree with your added part that Busa shoulda been included but she’s not been nearly as bad as you’re making her out to be

You also don't understand how Serbian preparations work, it's no matter if Buša play amazing in a vnl because we have real preparations later only for Paris. Catching good form in vnl is too early and pointless

• I might agree with your added part that Busa shoulda been included but she’s not been nearly as bad as you’re making her out to be

She is . Her reception % ( which suppose that it is her main skill) is the same with this of Bergmann ( and players like her as Anthi for example) with the difference that Julia has 3 times more receptions. Her reception was bad her attack also bad and unstable . So yes she was in a really bad shape this season. What left to say?

• Excited for the battle of getting those final roster spots for OG. I'm gonna be detailing my full thoughts below, so if you don't like long posts, look away. :lol::wavy:
    Gameplan for this NT summer

I'm really happy Gio isn't doing the half-assed approach like last year where he brings main players+youngsters. He mentioned before how it took some time to get to know Vanja Bankovic and for them to get on the same page. He also attributed the 0-4 start in the last VNL to bad physical and tactical preparations since his whole staff came too late to prepare fully. I think this is the best option since our main players are most familiar with. This way they get the most rest time and know exactly when they need to get into peak form so they can plan their weight and physical training accordingly. As Madden54 mentioned already, they're gonna be having friendly games with Russia before OG which is pretty high competition and there isn't a coach who knows these players better than Terzic so maybe he can make some suggestions and observations to them and Gio.

Roster

I'm mostly happy with it. Some names that could have been there:
    Jovana Mirosavljevic - basically at the same level as last year, choosing a bench position in the bigger league isn't gonna convince Gio to invite her next time so I expected this outcome tbh. Also, if you have Milenkovic there, that would be an overlap in skillsets and roles.

Tamara Miljevic - I expected her on this list after that game vs Vakif but I guess her height is pretty limiting and she isn't the most polished player. She's probably the one I'm most upset about not being here since she's had 2 really great seasons and deserved it more than Bukilic IMO.
    Kockarevic - expected her invitation since Gio mentioned her by name after last year's test practice, but I don't really care either way.
    Kocic - sucks that she isn't gonna get another chance because I really do think she's a good player but Kurtagic basically has the same strengths but with a much bigger upside and room for improvement and is younger. I'm not sure how much Kocic can still improve compared to her.

Punisic - I think she would have gotten invited if not for the 3 libero spots taken with 'veterans'

The only ones I think didn't deserve the invitation are Cvetkovic, Bukilic and Vidacic. But I also think they are probably not even gonna make the team for any of the weeks so I don't care about them being there just for the preparations.

Comments
    Surprised to see Silvija Popovic on here also. I mentioned after the series Lugoj vs Jedintstvo last year that she's still good and could contribute to NT again. I thought that train passed last year when she wasn't invited by Gio, but I guess she wants a chance at the OG again. Excited to see her again in the NT jersey. :heart:
    I don't agree that Busa had the 'worst season' and that she needs to play VNL. She played in every competition for 2 years in a row. While she didn't play every game in Vakif, I still think she deserves rest and I don't doubt she's gonna be able to get in form just like every other time.;)

• Except that we have full starting (-Rajlic+Vidacic) line up of Tent (Knezevic supremacy) as well expected, the list is really entertaining. I'm really missing Mirosavljevic and Kocic but rest of my wishes is there plus some random players like Bukilic 🤷🏼‍♂️. So the breakdown about positions

S: Mirkovic will be the first option, which is kinda fine, while ATM Miljevic is obvious second option, even the girl is not the most talented one, i really love her personality and i think that she will be the player which will prospere the most from working with Guidetti. So happy to see Perovic on the list but more like investment for future as i think that she is not ready yet. Rankovic is okayish setter for our league nothing more so i would put Tisma instead of her anytime to gain experiance, as i see her after Rada as best bet for the future.

Opp: Even it is not surprise, really dissapointed with seing Bjelica on the list, i mean there is no point for that, instead Taubner/Zelenovic should play. Vidacic, Bukilic :gone:. I don't give a high mark to T.Miljevic and don't see any specific reason to see her in NT but she should be awarded with oportunity to train with this girls as she is currently much better than both Vidacic/Bukilic plus they don't have more potential than her.

Oh: Yeah i really miss Mirosavljevic here, and as there are 3 "experienced" NT players plus ultimate weapon Uzelac, i would go with Tica and 3 MBs. I guess some girls will join A team after 2nd week so maybe there will be a space for Ivanovicc, but anyway i'm more than pleasant that girl made a list after horrible injury. Nice to see that Mateska is noticed but it is early and the queue is long. Don't bothered with Cvetkovic/Mijatovic as long as they don't make 14 :cheesy:

Mb: Probably the best thing about this roster is that finally we will see Kurtagic/Osmajic duo :obey:. Don't care about rest. Would go with Sucurovic as backup. Kocic/Osmajic/Kurtagic will be just perfect.

L: curios about plan here, i guess there won't be much space for youngsters, as Popovic/Pusic/Jegdic is fighting for Paris, but again i guess some of them will join A team so Pakic/Gocanin can have some playing time.

• L: curios about plan here, i guess there won't be much space for youngsters, as Popovic/Pusic/Jegdic is fighting for Paris, but again i guess some of them will join A team so Pakic/Gocanin can have some playing time.

My best guess is that he's gonna bring only 1 libero to OG, so VNL is gonna be used to decide on which one currently has the best form.

• I’m so happy Ivanovic and Mateska are included in squad, at least for Guidetti to see and get to know them for future. I kinda hoped they would but I didn’t believe there was place for even Ivanovic this year, let alone Mateska who just started playing on senior level last season.

I kinda called it with posting that Mateska highlight from U20 qualification :lol:

I’m still most surprised about her, she was basically just discovered last season and started being dominant in U category only in recent tournament. I believe she is incredibly talented and it’s the biggest positive surprise of whole list that she is included.

Ivanovic deserved it even last season before her ACL, I’m satisfied with her only getting to train with Guidetti cause I think he excells in developinh the type of player which she is.
    I also believe Vajagic would’ve been included if she wasn’t injured, she would fit Guidetti’s idea od hardwork before talent or physical adventage.

I was worried that Perovic wouldn’t be included cause Guidetti doesn’t know about her as she was injured last summer. Even without playing I’m happy she will get time to work with Guidetti cause she really could use some good guidance, that’s all she needs.

I’m surprised she got called over Jaksic, volleySrb it seems Maja could’ve really had impact on that decision after she watched their direct duel in 1/4 finals 2 weeks agin :lol::lol:

Uzelac/Tica and Osmajic/Kurtagic duos will be amazing to watch, finally, after we’ve been asking for it for so long.

2003/04 generation is finally taking over NT and I’m so here for it, at least for VNL :rolll:

• Ossrb picture

• Unofficially but our preparation will start 29.4

My guess Hena and Bjelica will skip first few days. Plus Pušić who will arrive who know when.

My guess for w1

S: Mirković, Miljević

O: Taubner, Bukilić/Bjelica?

L: Jegdić, Gočanin

MB: Šućurović, Osmajić, Kurtagić

Oh: Uzelac, Tica, Lozo, Lazović, Milenković

• Agree with the list, although I think Zelenovic will make it to one of the weeks before Bukilic, but probably Bjelica before all of them.

Malesevic/Cikuc probably before Sucurovic we all know why :lol: and Cvetkovic/Mijatovic instead of one of OHs, or they will bring one of them “just in case” like they did last year

• Agree with the list, although I think Zelenovic will make it to one of the weeks before Bukilic, but probably Bjelica before all of them.

Malesevic/Cikuc probably before Sucurovic we all know why :lol: and Cvetkovic/Mijatovic instead of one of OHs, or they will bring one of them “just in case” like they did last year

Yeah, you are probably right about Zelena. Idk about Bjelica, she potentially have 2 more games to play.

Just in case 😉 😉 😉

And about middles, I put Šućurović because she played vs Vakif, but I guess most of them will be tried