2017 / 2018 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• would Vakif be stronger if they can have Robinson taking Hill's position?

Yes, I think it wuold be. Robinson is a better passer than Hill.
    Since I really love Kelsey and her attitude since the very first time I saw her playing for University of Tennessee, I don't want this to happen; I'd find her wasted playing as second libero. As you can see there are few good OHs in the world. Most of the players are all about spiking. And the poor girls who can actually do anything are forced to work in the shadow of these players which have no idea how tomake a bagher. Very sad story. :down:

• I'd never change Robinson for Hill. :white:

Yes, I think it wuold be. Robinson is a better passer than Hill.
    Since I really love Kelsey and her attitude since the very first time I saw her playing for University of Tennessee, I don't want this to happen; I'd find her wasted playing as second libero. As you can see there are few good OHs in the world. Most of the players are all about spiking. And the poor girls who can actually do anything are forced to work in the shadow of these players which have no idea how tomake a bagher. Very sad story. :down:

would Vakif be stronger if they can have Robinson taking Hill's position?

I don't think so. Hill is a good passer and her attacking is way better than Robinson. Also her serve is very dangerous and helped Vakıfbank in many important matches. On the other hand, Robinson is like a second Libero in the field. Robinson could be a better option only for a 2 player receiving system since she is a better receiver than Hill.

• If Pomi is gone make a strong team nex season, maybe they will fight for wild card for CL ?(
    And what with setter position ? Klara Peric will stay two more years in Pomi.. Will She gone be starter or they will signed new local setter or foreign setter.
    It looks like that Pomi will have very good budget next season.

• I don't agree with serdar.. As QPL said Robinson is MADE to play as a second libero, it's not like she can't attack.. She's not a dominant attacker for sure, and when she has to focus on passing, and covering the other OH (Brico or Ortolani or Easy) of course she'll be less effective.. If we're comparing her to Hill, she's for sure a better receiver and defender, worse server.. Hill also needs super fast sets to be effective.. so if Robinson also gets left with one blocker, and has another 2 good receivers beside her, she for sure will be more effective attacking

• Robinson has been turned into a second libero because there aren't good passers anymore. In college she was just like KYK in Fener or NT. Same wherever she has been playing as real spiker.

• Robinson may be fine for the Italian league but when it comes to the USNT when she is paired with Larson the US just ends up with two defensive OH's and with out the fire power of OP like Hooker they just don't have enough on the attack to compete with the likes of China (ZHU), an improved Serbia (Boskovic), and maybe even Italy (Egonu) when their other young players peak. Robinson does great against the shorter teams like Japan but up against tall blockers she ends up doing a lot of tipping. She was neutralized by Vakifbank. Plus she can sometimes struggle with extreme game pressure as she did in the fifth set against Serbia in Rio. She would pair well with Kosheleva and an attacking MB like Adams.

• Well in my personal opinion both Robinson and Hill are good players in particular considering the struggle of finding well balanced OHs these days. However I'd take Robinson to my team if ever got a chance. She's not a monster spiker but always does her job and absolutely better than Kim in terms of passing and digging. For that reason she always has been considered as an excellent defensive OH since her debut in 2014 but if she's given chances she would be very good also as an attacker. Besides she's such a fighter, I mean did you see how passionated she was during the CL finals a few weeks ago? Unfortunately it's not easy to find this kind of players nowadays :rolleyes: Not saying Hill is a bad player but I somehow think she's overrated.

I hope she goes to Pomí and plays along with Stevanovic and Fabris, I just don't know who's going to be their setter, obviously I want Lloyd to stay but let's see.

• Tbh, Hill isnt attacking good in Vakifbank. Hill's attack % is usually the lowest. Maybe because of Naz's sets many bad balls to Hill too??? But her reception is improving so much. She can covered Zhu and sometimes Vakifbank used 2 reciever system. Her floor defence is amazing too.

Imo she sometimes plays as a second libero in Vakif lol

• Robinson is not able to score against elite teams who are prepared to play against her. There is a reason she has not gotten offers from top $$ clubs despite being well-known on world scene for several years now and why Hill has steadily started ahead of her on the USWNT. She plays with fire and has an engaging personal style, which is why fans seem to remember the days when she does score more than the (more frequent) times when she can't get past the block or gets easily dug when she has a 1-on-1 opening. She's a useful player but Hill does things that she can't that are more helpful toward winning.

• This is not true at all. Her season overall attacking average is 44,5% which is quite good for a all around OH considering that Sloetjes had 46%, Gözde Kırdar 40%, Larson 37%, Kosheleva 44%. On the other hand, Robinson had 37% attacking ratio in Italian league.

To me, the comparison of American OHs are:

Attacking skills : Hodge>Hill>Larson>Robinson
    Defensive skills: Robinson>Larson>Hill>Hodge

That's why I would go for either Hodge&Robinson duo in the case of 2 receiver system, otherwise Hill&Larson to have a more balanced team. :whistle:

• The one skill that you left out is the serving skill which is very important at the highest level.

Serving skill: Hill-Larson-Robinson-Hodge.

The question regarding Hill is whether you have the Guidetti/Hill or the Karche/Hill. If you have the Guidetti/HIll then I would right now choose her over both Larson and Robinson as OH 2 with Hodge functioning as OH 1 although I haven't seen Hodge this year to evaluate how she is playing.

The karche/HIll is an enigma. One game, say the Dutch bronze match she is excellent. Then again you had the Serbia semi-final match where she struggled. For some reason Guidetti gets the most he can out of Hill and that's generally after he gets her back from the USNT where for the last two seasons she has been returned with broken reception confidence.

Now if we had Guidetti coaching the USNT maybe we would finally see the gold. We know it won't be happening in Tokyo20 as Karche will continue his vendetta against Hooker and won't have the necessary fire power to compete against China and maybe even Serbia and Italy.

• Some rumours from GS. Looks like the new sponsors are not there yet but most likely will be announced soon. They have a long list of players to attempt for a transfer next season. They already renewed with one of the players and will be announced in a week, most likely Sinead Jack.

From what I read on twitter conversations, Vasileva, Hui Ruoqi, Fe Garay (although I know she signed with a club), Kelsey Robinson, Brakocevic, Samanta Bricio and Birgul Guler. Compared to previous years, GS seems to be looking for an offensive OH instead of two defensive OHs.

• I love the chemistry of Vakifbank as a team. Hope they can keep the team intact.

• interesting...who can afford her.. Chemik? Lodz? now when Zaroslinska is the first Opp, Chemik can have foreign setter, so probably there? so one more player from turkish league should come to Poland, but probably it will be returning E.Skowronska

• Novara should look like this: Skorupa-Egonu, Piccini-? Enright, Chirichella-Gibbemeyer, Sansonna.
    I didn't understand if they are looking for the second OH and Enright will be the third, or if Enright isn't sure yet.

So, after all it seems Modena 'lost' (or choose to lose) Skorupa and Conegliano 'lost' (or chose to lose) Egonu...

Gennari 99% in Busto.

Monza will probably aire Ortolani and Lo Bianco (but there were many rumors about the three setters Orro-Signorile-Lo Bianco and Monza-Busto-Bergamo...)

• From the info I have Egonu wants to play close to Milano and the only 2 teams actually negotiating Egonu are Novara and Busto. It is likely that Paola will play in Novara but Busto has some small chances.
    Enright will be the second OH (or even the first one) and Novara will look for a third one in the next weeks. Plak is leaving.
    As said Gennari will play in busto as second OH replacing Fiorin. The first OH will be Egonu (or most probably Plak). Busto is aldo trying to sign Bartsch

S: Orro
    OPP Diouf
    OH Plak - Gennari
    MB Stufi - Berti
    L: Spirito

S: XXX
    OPP XXX (Mingardi???)
    OH Bartsch XXXX
    MB Botezat
    L Negretti